Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Hide contents

Less so with Aly though. I wonder how much Tristan cares about her. 

He loves her dearly. But they're not really together all that often, since Aly is rarely brought along for the grizzly stuff. That water tower part was her first time killing anyone.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Josh Sawyer shared this video about the German Texan dialect on twitter that’s really interesting. I based the Texas settlement of Germantown on descendants of the people in the video, though I didn’t know the full extent of the uniqueness of the dialect. A lot of the German immigrants to Texas were called Forty Eighters because they fled the failures of the 1848 revolutions. In the Fallout universe I imagine places in Central Texas where there’s a heavy German immigrant influence became kitschy tourist places, so the German influence remained even with the hyper-American culture in Fallout.

Edited by BTC
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm not sure how committed Mark is. He's got a long way to go from tearing down posters if he's really gonna sink his teeth into being a rebel. But I'm curious to see how John's feelings about being a rebel evolve. It's clear there's a shift going on, but he doesn't seem very committed either. 

I do like seeing how the ambush in Forgotten Homes is driving others to act out. Such a blatant and successful attack like that was sure to drive people to express their own dislike of the Brotherhood, so it's nice to see that

Good post, Witch!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Pretty optimistic of John to think Chris will be getting out of the gulag. XD 

I always want some more rebels, but I’m not sure about he Mark character. He strikes me as more envious than convicted.

I'd attribute that to John not really wanting to think of the alternative. 

As for Mark I'd say wait and see how he turns out. Personally haven't decided yet but I want him to be rather different from the other rebels. 

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how committed Mark is. He's got a long way to go from tearing down posters if he's really gonna sink his teeth into being a rebel. But I'm curious to see how John's feelings about being a rebel evolve. It's clear there's a shift going on, but he doesn't seem very committed either. 

I do like seeing how the ambush in Forgotten Homes is driving others to act out. Such a blatant and successful attack like that was sure to drive people to express their own dislike of the Brotherhood, so it's nice to see that

Good post, Witch!

Thanks. 

And I'd say give Mark some time. He's only been out from prison barely a couple of days and got very little in the way of resources to work with. Gathering a gang and tearing down some posters is just a first step to get things going. 

Side note: it was Cent that came up with calling Brotherhood members "gears" and I just changed it a little for Mark to call them " gear heads". 

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Side note: it was Cent that came up with calling Brotherhood members "gears" and I just changed it a little for Mark to call them " gear heads". 

Both of those are a nice touch. Things like that are always one of my favorite parts of good world building

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good post, Witch.

Rose is a cold bitch for sure, selling her entire family and community like that. Though it appears most everyone else from Liberation Point was as well. I’m hoping that the Liberators themselves resisted enough to get gunned down. Can’t imagine they’d be much of a match for the Columbians.

I’m curious what all Rose chose to keep from her home, and if she sold it all to pay for her brothel or if she kept some momentos. Also curious how long she remained in the Lost Lands before going west.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

54 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Good post, Witch.

Hide contents

Rose is a cold bitch for sure, selling her entire family and community like that. Though it appears most everyone else from Liberation Point was as well. I’m hoping that the Liberators themselves resisted enough to get gunned down. Can’t imagine they’d be much of a match for the Columbians.

I’m curious what all Rose chose to keep from her home, and if she sold it all to pay for her brothel or if she kept some momentos. Also curious how long she remained in the Lost Lands before going west.

Thanks.

Liberation Point isn't a very nice place. I imagined it like this place that is supposed to be like this form of an american, family friendly, suburban community that's been twisted and corrupted. 

And it may not be very pc to say this but I based Rose's family dynamics and situation on the accounts I've read from daughters living in very traditional families, that hail from the Middle East, in my country. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I think it's lacking something SPECIAL. 

Strength- 8 (anime girls very strong)

Perception- 7 (big anime eyes)

Endurance- 6 (they fight for ten episodes straight but also are always breathing heavily so I think this is a good balance.)

Charisma- 5 (big anime titties balanced out by awkwardness)

Intelligence- 1

Agility- bruh like, 11

Luck- 1 because despite all their kickass strength and abilities they always end up needing to be saved by the male hero. See Devil May Cry.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Charisma- 10 (big anime titties)

If Balrog’s stuff is anything to go by, this should be balanced out by the fact that they’re all ridiculously awkward. XD 

Hard 5. Maybe even 4. Big titties fail the save. 

34 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If Balrog’s stuff is anything to go by, this should be balanced out by the fact that they’re all ridiculously awkward. XD 

Hard 5. Maybe even 4. Big titties fail the save. 

Very good point sir.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee