Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

@Centurion

Eventually he happened upon a fire pit with embers still smouldering under the ash and a path running up to and away from it. He made a large cloverleaf scouting pattern around it and identified a two story building he could use to watch the pit and path and got comfortable. Nothing happened for the rest of the day and the sun set without incident. Patton stayed up for an hour or so watching before he bedded down for the night.

:rofl: Is this the same place were Sully and Richard were?

Great post Centurion! I love how Patton didn't tolerate any of that shit. Raider bitch steps out clear in the open trying to be all intimidating and immediately gets killed for it, grade fucking A job!

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@Centurion

Hide contents

Eventually he happened upon a fire pit with embers still smouldering under the ash and a path running up to and away from it. He made a large cloverleaf scouting pattern around it and identified a two story building he could use to watch the pit and path and got comfortable. Nothing happened for the rest of the day and the sun set without incident. Patton stayed up for an hour or so watching before he bedded down for the night.

:rofl: Is this the same place were Sully and Richard were?

Great post Centurion! I love how Patton didn't tolerate any of that shit. Raider bitch steps out clear in the open trying to be all intimidating and immediately gets killed for it, grade fucking A job!

if there were south of South Union, sure lol.

He was gonna try and take her alive, but then she cut that dudes dick off and nailed it to a pole so he decided this monster could live another second

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

Hide contents

if there were south of South Union, sure lol.

He was gonna try and take her alive, but then she cut that dudes dick off and nailed it to a pole so he decided this monster could live another second

It was the mention of a two story building and an fire pit that got me curious, but nah that wasn't south of South Union.

I don't blame him, A eunuch's life is hard.

30 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Out of curiosity, who writes the radio announcements? And also can said person write on talking about the Halloween festival coming up so I can use it?

I have in the past, and would be happy to do one for ya. Doubt I’ll be busy at work tomorrow so I’ll try to do it then.

Though the record, I’m not opposed to people making up and using their own radio personalities to throw into the mix if they want. There doesn’t just have to be the one guy.

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

PSA: I updated the opening post of the Resource thread to include a world map for the RP, with descriptions for all the major as well as some minor locations. It's still a work in progress, and completely lacks soutwestern regions like the Lone Star Republic, but there is enough there to at least give a frame of reference for where things are and who lives where. 

I had cooler emblems like the BoS logo and the Legion flag, but they took up too much space and forced you to zoom way in. Will see about finding a way to fix that later.

• Like 3

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Also, BT and Witch provided help with some of the locations. When I get around to including Lonestar, it'll be pretty much all BT. @BigBossBalrog I added Diggersville along with a made up explanation for how it got that name. Follow Missouri River a short ways east from Wellstone to find it, then let me know if you've got any problems with where it is or what I wrote.

1 minute ago, BTC said:

@The Good Doctor this is great! I can’t wait to read through it all

One small edit, I’m not sure I would classify where the great storm is as being the Midwest. Maybe change it to the south plains? Or like, a large section of the Great Plains. 

Thanks, and fixed. Lol, guess I just had 'Midwest' on the brain considering what this is all based around.

The new lore is great Doc! I love the added info on the Zarks and on the little communities like Cold Water or Fort Leonard Wood. This has me really excited for the potential expansion of the story into areas outside of Wellstone. 

But the description of Arrow Rock was a low blow ¬¬

• Thanks 1

So after about an hour of fucking with my CS post i finally figured out how to separate the spoiler tags :rofl:

Well anyway, it all started because i decided to keep track of Matt's squad members because it's way to damn hard to track who's new and who's dead now lol. I posted the tracker in his CS, but I'm going to post it here as well in case you guys want to see it without going to the resource page

Scourge Squad

Squad Leader:
Paladin Daniels - Alive - 2

Alpha Team:
Senior Knight Cade - Alive - 2
Knight Ryzcek - Alive - 2
Knight Austin - Alive - 1
Junior Knight Mikles - Alive - 0 

Senior Knight Lewis - KIA - Killed in the Taylor Simon Raid - 0
Knight McDowell - KIA - Killed in the Downed Scribe Incident - 1

Bravo Team:
Senior Knight Starnes - Alive - 2
Knight Cruz - Alive - 1
Knight Antony - Alive - 0
Junior Knight David - Alive - 0

Senior Knight Elliot - KIA - Killed in the Downed Scribe Incident - 1
Knight Caldwell - KIA - Killed in the Downed Scribe Incident - 1
Junior Knight Berard - KIA - Killed in the Downed Scribe Incident - 0

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like having names for all of them. It’ll definitely help make them easier to get attatched to while reading.

Will the KIA bunch eventually be replaced?

The teams will only ever be 4 men each. As people die the Kia list will grow and new name will replace the dead ones of the alive side. So like say Knight Austin dies, he will move to the KIA list and a new Junior Knight will appear in the Alive list

• Thanks 1

I like that you've decided to keep track of their names of who is alive and not. Even if it's more for consistency as I expect them to mostly play the role of red shirts. One little detail you could add to help distinguish them is a number along with each name that shows how many lethal encounters (someone dies) they have survived. Would help differentiate them a bit more. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

7 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I like that you've decided to keep track of their names of who is alive and not. Even if it's more for consistency as I expect them to mostly play the role of red shirts. One little detail you could add to help distinguish them is a number along with each name that shows how many lethal encounters (someone dies) they have survived. Would help differentiate them a bit more. 

I like that idea lol gonna do that now

• 3 weeks later...

Ooooh we've got some big new developments goin on

I really like that we saw this from John's perspective, since it was interesting getting his thoughts on what was going on. Walter must have expected Ben to be there, and known that having John there would signal something to Ben. I'm not totally sure what, exactly, but it's interesting to see how things play out with the former members of the Lucky Seven gang. Also, John really seems to have a low opinion of women, mostly from his brother Chris, which is going to be interesting as he interacts with the several female rebels going forward

Anyway, to the meat of the post, the rebels are really consolidating and moving forward. The Brotherhood is going to be in for a world of hurt once Gregory's group hooks up with Big Max's. Gregory and co have the fighting knowledge and skilled soldiers, while Big Max obviously has the logistics to move stuff and people in and out of the city. I imagine just about anyone and anything can slip into Forgotten Homes, but with Big Max on their side, they'll be able to get into the heart of the city, and then the Brotherhood is going to have a big problem on it's hands. Especially since this seems to be moving toward open warfare, if Gregory wants to stop hiding and attacking

I'm really looking forward to this meeting though, especially since we'll finally get to see who Big Max is. Great post guys!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BTC said:

Walter must have expected Ben to be there, and known that having John there would signal something to Ben

He couldn't have known for sure, but since he knew Josey was with Ben, he knew the possibility was there. In Walter's mind, if Ben hadn't been there, the subject of taking on the BoS would've still been enough to make John wonder about taking on Paradise too.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

He couldn't have known for sure, but since he knew Josey was with Ben, he knew the possibility was there. In Walter's mind, if Ben hadn't been there, the subject of taking on the BoS would've still been enough to make John wonder about taking on Paradise too.

So it’s Walter’s way of ensuring John becomes really committed to the rebels, by showing him that the only way his brother has a chance is through the rebels?

Just now, BTC said:

Hide contents

So it’s Walter’s way of ensuring John becomes really committed to the rebels, by showing him that the only way his brother has a chance is through the rebels?

Pretty much. Before today, John has never even internally displayed much hope of Chris getting freed, but by the end of the post his mind was constantly wandering to that even though nobody brought it up.

So between that and Ben recognizing him, I’d say the plan worked better than Walter could’ve hoped. That’s why he was in such a good mood at the end.

1 hour ago, BTC said:

Also, John really seems to have a low opinion of women, mostly from his brother Chris, which is going to be interesting as he interacts with the several female rebels going forward.

Which should tell you something about Chris. If he gets out alive I expect that aspect (along with a few others) of John's life is going to be quite a bit more interesting. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!