Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

@BTC The Forgotten Homes post

Oh no! I've been found out! XD Good work, General. 

I think Sterling might be my favorite part of your BoS posts. XD You can immediately feel the tension rise when he shows up, and it always sets Alan off on thinking about his dreams to be an Inquisitor. The ones in this post were especially interesting, namely the part where he imagined himself taking down a couple Elders for having mutant sympathies. Shows how he feels about their lot.

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC The caravan post

Hide contents

Holy crap man, that post surprised the hell out of me! I didn't believe for one second that you were gonna allow the entire caravan to survive such a dangerous mission, but three of them in one post, plus Pancho and Lefty? And we're losing Ojo and the mission is abandoned? Shit, dude.

I'm sad for Maxine, but Linda's the one I'll miss most. She was a badass.

Very well-written firefight, by the way. It was intense and the stakes felt very high. I had no idea how many people were gonna die then and there. And the barn scene was really visceral, with the raider scout and the impromptu surgery. It was a very nervous scene.

Anyway, raiders are no joke, and you did a good job of portraying that. :lol: 

Originally, Linda wasn't going to die there. I had planned on her surviving and dying later, actually. But once I realized that what she was up to was better revealed when the mission's purpose was as well, I thought it would make this firefight much more impactful for 3 people to die. Overall, I think condensing those deaths to all at once worked out for the best

I'm glad to hear the shootout was well written, since I was concerned about how easy/difficult to follow it was. And that you enjoyed the barn scene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC The Forgotten Homes post

Hide contents

Oh no! I've been found out! XD Good work, General. 

I think Sterling might be my favorite part of your BoS posts. XD You can immediately feel the tension rise when he shows up, and it always sets Alan off on thinking about his dreams to be an Inquisitor. The ones in this post were especially interesting, namely the part where he imagined himself taking down a couple Elders for having mutant sympathies. Shows how he feels about their lot.

Rebel scum!  :lightsaber:

He's quickly become one of my favorite characters to write. Especially because I've further developed his backstory along the way, and have really enjoyed that, but also because I like his relationship with Alan. They're ostensibly on the same side but constantly conflicting. Not to mention their personalities are different, with Sterling appearing cocky and arrogant while Alan is always worried about what's going on in Wellstone. They're a fun duo to write

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Witch you really should get into sprite making. 

Well me and a couple of my friends once tried our hands at making a 2D game. Never came that far. But since we decided to make all the assets I did learn and did some basic 2D animation. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
  • Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Nice couple of posts BT. Must be pretty challenging writing for so many fucking characters.

Yeah, there’s a reason this has been the only post with all of their POVs, because it not only became a very long post, but it also was a challenge to write them all. Thankfully Lawrence being as perceptive as he is means when it’s only his POV I can still get inside the other characters’ heads a little.

But also, like Doc said, that’s part of the reason why I’ve killed some of them off already lol. I did want to do this ‘everyone gets a pov’ post at least once, though, just because I felt it would give y’all a little more insight into each of them

• Like 2