Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Fun post, y’all. I was surprisingly into that poker game, and the result was pretty hilarious. It’s not hard to see how Rose has become so prominent in the city. She takes big risks but knows how to hedge things in her favor.

I still am having trouble getting a bead on Sterling. Alan hates him, and there are clearly some mutual bad feelings between them, but he is so secretive that without a POV it’s impossible to tell how deep they go on the Inquisitor’s end. He’s got this auora about him that makes him low-key one of the most intimidating characters in the RP.

Yeah, it was nice for our characters to relax a little. Especially Alan, since I doubt he’ll get much rest from here on out.

Low-key intimidating and hard to get a bead on describes exactly what I had in mind with him, and with Inquisitors in general, so I’m really glad to hear he comes across that way. I’m not sure if he'll ever get a pov because that might take away some of the mystery, but I do plan to explore their relationship more. Alan’s second post basically says what happened between them, fyi in case anyone doesn’t remember. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also if you payed attention to the fact that Laura had mirror bracelets, Rose may not have played entirely fair herself. :whistling:

I didn’t catch that. Or at least I didn’t realize what they were for. Awesome detail.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

@Witchking of Angmar

Are the Hudsons preexisting characters or did you make them up for this post? The name sounds familiar to me.

Anyway, that was an interesting thing for a mailman to walk in on.

XD Not a lot to say as it’s a short post, but I did like that it established that Richard is not at all bothered by some grisly shit.
  • Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Witchking of Angmar

Are the Hudsons preexisting characters or did you make them up for this post? The name sounds familiar to me.

Hide contents

Anyway, that was an interesting thing for a mailman to walk in on.

XD Not a lot to say as it’s a short post, but I did like that it established that Richard is not at all bothered by some grisly shit.

He is a new character. Though searching for it reveals that Maxine's second in command is called James Hudson. Which is just a coincidence as Hudson was just something I picked because it was the first name that came up that I thought fit. 

Richard isn't always the luckiest person. And sometimes it's not good to be curious. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

A nice little Richard post, Witch

Like Doc said, it’s interesting to see he isn’t bothered by blood and gore. Hints at what he’s used to from his time before now. I’m curious to see where his time as a mailman and this murder lead him

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great post Doc, Witch, and Centurion!

It looks like the war has really started now. A couple bombings and patrols attacked were one thing, but an ambush within the city on Brotherhood soldiers is sure to escalate things. On that note, y'all did a great job of showing that from the different perspectives, and I really enjoyed the different feelings you got from each of them. Panic from Garret, elation from Gregory, and great tension from Matt's point of view. 

On a side note, I liked how the post also demonstrated really well y'all's knowledge. You had Garret doing a bit of coding in there, Centurion showing off his military training. Doc made good use of his Fallout: Tactics knowledge with the C-27 being a cool callback to the game. 

I'm super excited to write Alan's response and for the conflict to progress from here, as well as see just how Gregory's Paradise plot progresses and if that other group of rebels makes contact and what happens there. Great job guys!

• Thanks 3

One of these days I’ll get around to writing a solo Matt post to show off some of the day to day soldierly stuff and I’ll get on another Patton post, oops, but it’s juts really hard to write, stay focus, fact check, etc on the phone. Once my computer gets out here though I’ll get back into the swing of things more

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

And by “day to day soldierly stuff” I mean feverishly masterbating, getting fucked over by the chain of command, getting absolutely wasted, started shit with locals because it’s funny, and either desperately trying to fuck or fight anything with two legs and a heartbeat that makes the mistake of looking in his direction

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

And by “day to day soldierly stuff” I mean feverishly masterbating, getting fucked over by the chain of command, getting absolutely wasted, started shit with locals because it’s funny, and either desperately trying to fuck or fight anything with two legs and a heartbeat that makes the mistake of looking in his direction

There's bars and then there's the brothel. Though starting fights may get him into serious trouble given that the city will be in a state of high tension. 

Seems like John (there's a lot of Johns in this rp XD ) has a bad habit of getting into trouble. I hope he'll get to Wellstone soon enough as I'd like to see that trait in action there. 

On another minor note, I noticed that John doesn't have any Charisma in his CS. I suspect it's 5 as the other stats add up to 35. 

I’m curious to see how John will get involved in the stuff going on in Wellstone myself. He’s clearly got experience that could be useful to a rebel group. Or maybe with his love for hunting he’ll end up joining the Lodge. Or with his medical knowledge, the Hospitallers. There’s a few places he could fit in, if he makes it to Wellstone. I’m curious to see how his story will play out, with his lung cancer progressing all the while

41 minutes ago, BTC said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m curious to see how John will get involved in the stuff going on in Wellstone myself. He’s clearly got experience that could be useful to a rebel group. Or maybe with his love for hunting he’ll end up joining the Lodge. Or with his medical knowledge, the Hospitallers. There’s a few places he could fit in, if he makes it to Wellstone. I’m curious to see how his story will play out, with his lung cancer progressing all the while

I'm leaning towards Rebel, but who knows, haven't thought that far ahead. He's pretty insufferable I can see him annoying his comrades to death 

XD

Well that was unexpected. 

I had my doubts on them reaching Gateway, but I had expected them to at least reach Columbia.

I had also placed my bets on James dying. But I didn’t expect Maxine to bite it as then there’d be little to no motivation to find the lost expedition. And I’m kinda curious to what became of it.

It’s nice to see them back in Wellstone. Though I don’t expect that place to be that safe within the near future.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Well that was unexpected. 

Hide contents

I had my doubts on them reaching Gateway, but I had expected them to at least reach Columbia.

I had also placed my bets on James dying. But I didn’t expect Maxine to bite it as then there’d be little to no motivation to find the lost expedition. And I’m kinda curious to what became of it.

It’s nice to see them back in Wellstone. Though I don’t expect that place to be that safe within the near future.

I always wanted them to be in Wellstone, but considering who they are I felt there needed to be some motivation for sticking around and not just passing through. I could have had just the six of them staggering into town the first time, but I thought that wouldn’t be as interesting a story and I wouldn’t have had the characters of James, Maxine, and Linda around at all. Plus, this way there are some threads left dangling I can pull on later if I want with the lost expedition

• Like 1

BT

Wow, wasn’t expecting that lol but I should’ve been honestly. You had us so interested for so long and then BAM cut off that bit of the story lol It’s great. I think it was an amazing way to get your characters here, and a great way to build up some future motivators as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Witch's post

...and Doc's! I was surprised to see Aly show up, but after what she did the conversation made a lot of sense. It's cool to see them developing a friendship/relationships. I'll be interested to see where this goes, especially with Richard knowing something is going on with Aly.

Initially I was surprised Richard took the bribe, but after seeing him donate it and knowing he was doing so just to keep his head down, it made a lot of sense. The thought he has about becoming an assassin for hire was interesting. A little peak into his mind that fills in a bit of the gaps he left in his conversations with Isabelle and Aly.

Good post Witch. I'm really looking forward to seeing where Richard's story takes him

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BTC said:

Witch's post

Hide contents

...and Doc's! I was surprised to see Aly show up, but after what she did the conversation made a lot of sense. It's cool to see them developing a friendship/relationships. I'll be interested to see where this goes, especially with Richard knowing something is going on with Aly.

Initially I was surprised Richard took the bribe, but after seeing him donate it and knowing he was doing so just to keep his head down, it made a lot of sense. The thought he has about becoming an assassin for hire was interesting. A little peak into his mind that fills in a bit of the gaps he left in his conversations with Isabelle and Aly.

Good post Witch. I'm really looking forward to seeing where Richard's story takes him

Thanks.

Not to mention that trying to stand up for truth and justice would be pretty pointless in a courtroom where almost everyone seemed to have taken a bribe. Richard would be very careful about butting heads with such an influential family. 

And I'm also quite curious where his relationship with Aly will go. Though I get the feeling they might be forced to break up at some point given her "family duty".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@BigBossBalrog

Old man Edmonton is a hoot. :rofl: I love the crazy conspiracy nut side of him, thinking about aliens invading and shit, and the "killing monsters... For SCIENCE!" was priceless too. Also "So yeah, Salamanders, but really fucking scary Salamanders." made me laugh as well.

I'm glad to see some of the more dangerous mutant wildlife. So far most of the RP has been in and around the city so there hasn't been a lot of chance to depict that, yet. And of all the creatures we've described, the salamanders are probably my favorites after the mutant stork (XD). 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

Hide contents

Old man Edmonton is a hoot. :rofl: I love the crazy conspiracy nut side of him, thinking about aliens invading and shit, and the "killing monsters... For SCIENCE!" was priceless too. Also "So yeah, Salamanders, but really fucking scary Salamanders." made me laugh as well.

I'm glad to see some of the more dangerous mutant wildlife. So far most of the RP has been in and around the city so there hasn't been a lot of chance to depict that, yet. And of all the creatures we've described, the salamanders are probably my favorites after the mutant stork (XD). 

The funny thing he's completely fucking right, Aliens exist in the Fallout universe and have visited, people think he's crazy, but he's the only sane person on the planet 

XD He also believes communist mole people fired the nukes.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Just you wait man, when the mole people dig out of the ground, and destroy the Legion and the Brotherhood at the same time with their molenukes you'll be sorry :cry:

Funny enough, there was something kinda like this in the early stages of Fallout 1's development, but with raccoons instead of mole people. It was cut because Tim Cain didn't think it was fitting for Fallout. XD 

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Burrows

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Funny enough, there was something kinda like this in the early stages of Fallout 1's development, but with raccoons instead of mole people. It was cut because Tim Cain didn't think it was fitting for Fallout. XD 

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Burrows

Would have been a hit with the furries XD

@BTC The caravan post

Holy crap man, that post surprised the hell out of me! I didn't believe for one second that you were gonna allow the entire caravan to survive such a dangerous mission, but three of them in one post, plus Pancho and Lefty? And we're losing Ojo and the mission is abandoned? Shit, dude.

I'm sad for Maxine, but Linda's the one I'll miss most. She was a badass.

Very well-written firefight, by the way. It was intense and the stakes felt very high. I had no idea how many people were gonna die then and there. And the barn scene was really visceral, with the raider scout and the impromptu surgery. It was a very nervous scene.

Anyway, raiders are no joke, and you did a good job of portraying that. :lol: 

• Thanks 1