Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

I don't know man, I gotta work up the motivation to. Not as into Fallout as I am with Elderscrolls to jump into a story with a whole new setting. It's a lot simpler to do so with the Elderscrolls to me because so much of the history and culture, etc is written out and I'm very familiar with the setting. I don't have to worry about world building which has never been my thing. 

With this it's gonna take more work for me. And honestly aside from the posts I'm currently working on with the TES rp I don't plan to jump in on a post until at least most of the TES chapter three posts are safe and sound right here.

Plan on reading what y'all have done first before I actually start posting myself.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I don't think you have to worry much about world building. Me, Doc and Bt have been busy doing a lot of that. While we have left some areas for people to fill in the blanks if they want, you by no means have to do that. Also you're free to pester Doc with questions if you wonder about anything. I've been doing that for over a year now. 

I don't expect you to get right into writing. Only read what has already been posted and maybe create a character. Trust me when I say this is a much better start than our first TES chapter. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don't plan to jump in on a post until at least most of the TES chapter three posts are safe and sound right here.

Chaoter 2 is a bitch as it is. Chapter 3 is gonna be a bitch and a half. XD 

Well we’d love to have ya, man. For sure would like to see your thoughts on it so far, and maybe when you get to reading it, you’ll want to join in more. That’s how it usually goes for me, anyway. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Indeed, I'm just wary atm because my time's split as it is with work and just the one rp lol. I want to make sure I won't have a hard time managing between two rps. Don't want to feel like I'm obligated to bounce back between two rps for giving one more attention than the other, etc. Partially why I decided to come up with the character I did. More in the background waiting for certain events to unfold and take advantage of them reluctantly. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

• 2 weeks later...

Last three posts

Lawrence

I don’t know why this is one of my favorite characters, but he is. I really wanted to get more information on what Maxine was hiding and you did just that while keeping it extremely vague as well. I’m thinking maybe those Texans where important to Lone Star or Yellow Rose and were captured by slavers and only just recently got word back to Texas.

Tech Scribe

Good post showing the rising tensions with the local rebel sympathizers and the Brotherhood and how the majority of the public feels about the conflict, at least in that part of Wellstone.

Alan

My man... good build up to what’s coming lol. That brief moment of balls with the “rebel” was executed wonderfully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

46 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Last three posts

Reveal hidden contents

Lawrence

I don’t know why this is one of my favorite characters, but he is. I really wanted to get more information on what Maxine was hiding and you did just that while keeping it extremely vague as well. I’m thinking maybe those Texans where important to Lone Star or Yellow Rose and were captured by slavers and only just recently got word back to Texas.

Tech Scribe

Good post showing the rising tensions with the local rebel sympathizers and the Brotherhood and how the majority of the public feels about the conflict, at least in that part of Wellstone.

Alan

My man... good build up to what’s coming lol. That brief moment of balls with the “rebel” was executed wonderfully.

Thanks man! I’m glad you’re liking Lawrence and Alan. I know I’m enjoying writing them, and I’m excited to see where the conflict in Wellstone leads.

I went ahead and posted without the sewer part we talked about because I honestly didn't like what I had and kept wanting to add more for length but it felt kinda pointless. I'm just going to pick up with Josey's story in a separate post rather than derail this one by taking it in a whole other direction.

• Thanks 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Despite my parts being kinda short in this post, I think it’s some of the best writing I’ve done so far.

Yeah, Matt was a show stealer. Your experience and training definitely lends well to playing a Knight in combat situations.

• Thanks 1

On Doc's Josey post

That was worth being a solo post, I think. It's interesting seeing how Josey reacts to his role as a rebel, and getting some background on his life before this. And hearing Felix talk about the potential allies in Wellstone has got me real excited to see what unfolds there. Especially with regards to Big Max. After the intro post, I'm really excited to get to see more from Big Max's crew, and now from Josey's family as well with them trying to connect with Big Max. 

Good post Doc!

• Thanks 1

It definitely wasn’t my original intention way back when this started for Josey to feature so heavily. Was gonna spend much more time with the badasses like Gregory and Felix. This just sorta happened as I kept having ideas for a son who is as committed as the rest but also a lot more cynical about it all. 

Gregory was supposed to be my Fallout “Boldir” but I guess my “Mila” is actually getting more attention. :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It definitely wasn’t my original intention way back when this started for Josey to feature so heavily. Was gonna spend much more time with the badasses like Gregory and Felix. This just sorta happened as I kept having ideas for a son who is as committed as the rest but also a lot more cynical about it all. 

Gregory was supposed to be my Fallout “Boldir” but I guess my “Mila” is actually getting more attention. :lol: 

I think that can be explained away as the focus really is on Wellstone proper right now, once we branch out and expand I think Gregory will start to feature more and more.

Im having that feeling as well tho, Patton was my main man, but now I’m starting to focus more and more on Matt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I think that can be explained away as the focus really is on Wellstone proper right now, once we branch out and expand I think Gregory will start to feature more and more.

Im having that feeling as well tho, Patton was my main man, but now I’m starting to focus more and more on Matt

I’ve still got plenty in store for Gregory even without branching out too much. I’d definitely still consider him my main, it’s just that he’s still waiting for things to heat up before he takes a more active role. In the meantime, his son is getting a lot of the content I originally thought up with him in mind. Which I think is better, honestly. I’ll be fleshing out the other two Thatch children eventually, though with a new RP and so many characters for everyone to remember, I think that focusing hard on one or two POVs works better than coming in with four or five. 

It works better with Witch because his characters have so little to do with one another. Most of mine are very close to each other. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve still got plenty in store for Gregory even without branching out too much. I’d definitely still consider him my main, it’s just that he’s still waiting for things to heat up before he takes a more active role. In the meantime, his son is getting a lot of the content I originally thought up with him in mind. Which I think is better, honestly. I’ll be fleshing out the other two Thatch children eventually, though with a new RP and so many characters for everyone to remember, I think that focusing hard on one or two POVs works better than coming in with four or five. 

It works better with Witch because his characters have so little to do with one another. Most of mine are very close to each other. 

Well we just added the wood to the fire pit lol. 

Patton is good for not wanting to focus on the conflict and just running around doing random shit.

But now my mind is just racing with shit for Matt. Especially because I can write him based of my experiences and training.

• Like 1