Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

I mean I think it's semi realistic this way.  Armor won't do jackshit against the things the Hunters go against, shields too. Why bother with either when you're going against things that can shred it like tin foil? I'd rather wear something light that lets me dodge, and let's me use the only real advantage we have.

It's mentioned in the hunter set, the equipment offers, by human standards, very good protection...but against Beasts it's fucking paper. 

Another reason things are so aggressive. If you can't defend properly why even try to defend at all. Go all out on the attack.

It works great for BB dont get me wrong, wouldn't change it. I guess I just miss the methodical approach to DS3's combat. Not that I think it's better, I just felt safer XD 

BB's combat is much more badass though. This fight was way more intense. Had my heartbeat going, and only so many bosses do that for me on souls. certainly not any of the early game ones, even optional ones.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Am I on crack or is this holy sword nowhere near as good as the axe? Move wise this thing blows. Damage is good but still

It’s not really supposed to be better. All the weapons were designed to be more or less equal so then it really comes down to preference except in PvP.

I like the axe way better, myself.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s not really supposed to be better. All the weapons were designed to be more or less equal so then it really comes down to preference except in PvP.

I like the axe way better, myself.

It does look pretty sweet with the fire paper and lightning paper on tho XD 

Thats good to know tho, pretty comfortable with my axe 

Ok I’m starting to see where it’s useful, the quick downwards chop is nice with L2, plus it’s power attack is not as draining and you can follow up with more attacks. Or dodge.

Not as op as the movement set for axe but damage output is better. Good for individual targets instead of a mob slayer like the axe.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok I’m starting to see where it’s useful, the quick downwards chop is nice with L2, plus it’s power attack is not as draining and you can follow up with more attacks. Or dodge.

Not as op as the movement set for axe but damage output is better. Good for individual targets instead of a mob slayer like the axe.

That's why Doctor called it a boss killer XD

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

One this day I learned that the NPC with Tiny Tonitrus will always one shot you if it hits. At first I thought it was counter damage but it's not.

Edit: At max health, 30 vit.

He’s never one shot me. Gotta pop that Bolt resist, bud. 

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I saw patches up there lol but I let him get me anyway :lol: Just wanted to see what happens. Also, invader fight at the end. Sloppy but I'm new.

Dont feel bad about invasions, unless you specifically tune your build for pvp you'll always be outdamaged. Unless you're me, everyone left who inavdes is doing so with host killing builds.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Dont feel bad about invasions, unless you specifically tune your build for pvp you'll always be outdamaged. Unless you're me, everyone left who inavdes is doing so with host killing builds.

Yeah, since it’s been out for so long and since it is only played by PS4 people, the pool of PvPers is super low. Anyone still doing it generally has lots of characters built to invade at various levels. 

The only time you’ll get new vs new PvP is when the game has a sale.