Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

In other news, it’s finally snowing heavy where I live. Hard enough to shut roads down. And of course, it’s during the MLK weekend when we’re gonna be off work anyway. 

I've never worked for a company that takes MLK Day off. My current company didn't really want to give Thanksgiving and Christmas off. But it's the south, so nobody drives in snow.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm just not that hungry for star wars, especially not star wars without Jedi. Tbh, Rogue One was a good movie but I don't rank it nearly as high as others either. Not enough Jedi action.

That's like a halo game without aliens. Yawn.

6155950-3436703863-giphy.gif

Vader Unleashed is one of the greatest scenes in cinema history. You got him and budget jedi. 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

6155950-3436703863-giphy.gif

Vader Unleashed is one of the greatest scenes in cinema history. You got him and budget jedi. 

At the end of the goddamn movie for a good ten seconds XD It was the most excited and entertained I'd felt the entire time. 

Me and Celan left the movie theater and were both like "Eh, it was ok."

I wanted to like it so much more than I did and geek at her over it but couldn't. It was just ok for me. I honestly liked the prequels more.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

To me it’s more like Halo without Spartans. And ODST was fucking great. XD 

Nah odst are just smaller slightly less badass spartans, half the pull to halo is being badass fighting the aliens. 

A halo game, even with spartans would be lame without the aliens. They're the vital component.

Halo without aliens is basically that one call of duty game with that fat dude and that other guy from 21 something street in the commercial.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

A halo game, even with spartans would be lame without the aliens. They're the vital component.

Which is exactly how I feel about Jedi in Star Wars. To me, Rogue One proved that they’re not the vital component. 

Different strokes. But to me, Ip Man was to a Jedi what an ODST is to a Spartan. In both examples, we lose the main iconic hero figures, get a lighter version of them, and everything else is left more or less the same.

I’d rank it above the prequels or any of the other movies since the franchise rebooted.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’d rank it above the prequels or any of the other movies since the franchise rebooted.

Amen. And I say that as a fan of the prequels.

It presented a more gritty look at Star Wars from the Grunts perspective. Like how the Clone focused episode of the Clone Wars we're. 

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which is exactly how I feel about Jedi in Star Wars. To me, Rogue One proved that they’re not the vital component. 

Different strokes. But to me, Ip Man was to a Jedi what an ODST is to a Spartan. In both examples, we lose the main iconic hero figures, get a lighter version of them, and everything else is left more or less the same.

Meh, without the Jedi I feel like I may as well watch star trek but indeed, to each their own

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Gritty ass Rogue One is my favorite in the series at this point.

It’s way up there for me too. I’ve seen Empire recently enough to know it holds up as my favorite, but I haven’t seen 4 or 6 in a long time, so I can’t say for certain if it falls above ANH or not. It’s definitely in my top three.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Never could get into Star Wars at all. To me it seems like a kiddie series.

I've been watching True Detective season 3. 2 episodes in, I think they're back. A lot of the same formulas as before but more time skips, as it's told all from the perspective of the main character through time.

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

Never could get into Star Wars at all. To me it seems like a kiddie series.

I've been watching True Detective season 3. 2 episodes in, I think they're back. A lot of the same formulas as before but more time skips, as it's told all from the perspective of the main character through time.

I grew up with it so I lve always been attached to it personally. And it grew along with me into a matured state with the content of you get into it and really read into everything. 

Fuck:dntknw: