Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

You sit on ass and play nice with people online, and occasionally take first class flights to gaming events that the star of the company doesn't want to show up for.

How hard could that be.

I'm sure being the vice president of beth means he does more than that but the PR side alone is cheese unless you let people get you salty, which yea I'm emotional but if I were paid to do something like that, a job with no physical labor involved, I'd take the tampon out, let my balls hang and suck it up. It's not that big a deal.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Unless of course it was in a field I actually enjoyed. Which, I will give him that, he does seem to be an authentic fan of their games n shit, named a dog fucking dovahkiin XD 

So yea, if I actually cared about my business' games and reputation, that would suck huge balls.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You sit on ass and play nice with people online, and occasionally take first class flights to gaming events that the star of the company doesn't want to show up for.

How hard could that be.

Buddy, I don’t even know how to work Facebook. Any job that requires social media is not the job for me.

That said, it is an easy job manually, but actually doing a good job seems much harder. His job is to make Bethesda look good. That shit would be impossible even if he wasn’t garbage at it.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Buddy, I don’t even know how how to work Facebook. Any job that requires social media is not the job for me.

That said, it is an easy job manually, but actually doing a good job seems much harder. His job is to make Bethesda look good. That shit would be impossible even if he wasn’t garbage at it.

:rofl: Fair enough.

Mitigating damage to their reputation is also a part of the job description. And at this point the best thing is to just stay silent lol, and I bet that's what they told him, aside from reposting official posts for now like they said on that reddit link.

My head is going to explode :rofl: got WAYYY to drunk at the beach yesterday, my buddy stopped me from messaging a past bed partner because I’m talking to another girl from back home, and then about an hour later I got pissed off because of stress from work and my buddies talking shit so I walked barefoot down the road for about 6 miles before some of the other guys I work with picked me up. I think it’s time to take another alcohol break :D

Fuck:dntknw:

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Mitigating damage to their reputation is also a part of the job description. And at this point the best thing is to just stay silent lol, and I bet that's what they told him, aside from reposting official posts for now like they said on that reddit link.

And how bad of a spokesman do you have to be when the company thinks you’ll serve them best by not speaking? XD 

From a community relations standpoint, Hines is the main connection between Bethesda and the fans. And right now fans want comments from them. That’s why I think it’s an especially shitty job right now (at least if he cares about doing it well). Bethesda has made themselves look so bad that nothing he can say or do will make them look better, and saying nothing pisses people off too. There is no winning.

Not that I feel bad for him or Bethesda. You reap what you sow. A PR guy won’t fix this. Only better games and business practice will.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Indeed, lol even "We're sorry the game sucks ass" probably wouldn't do much because of how scummy and evil they've been in relation to returns and such. They went beyond just making a bad game, they exposed themselves for the greedy sons of bitches they really are.

There's no amount of verbal ass kissing that could fix that, even if Hines wasn't such a tool.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently CD fired the PR person that made those jokes, quietly. 

Got any proof? From what I’ve seen, the person who got fired was over a different tweet and was never confirmed to be the same as the “did you just assume” person.

In fact, there was a thread on reddit where everyone was saying that there was no proof and people were making shit up.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Got any proof? From what I’ve seen, the person who got fired was over a different tweet and was never confirmed to be the same as the “did you just assume” person.

In fact, there was a thread on reddit where everyone was saying that there was no proof and people were making shit up.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-05-troubling-gog-tweets-a-fired-cd-projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate

Well all I know is a PR person at CD was fired for a tweet don't know if it's the same one. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-05-troubling-gog-tweets-a-fired-cd-projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate

Well all I know is a PR person at CD was fired for a tweet don't know if it's the same one. 

It says right in the article that these were separate incidents. Nobody was fired for the “did you just assume” tweet, which was an entirely different person from the guy the rest of the article is talking about.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It says right in the article that these were separate incidents. Nobody was fired for the “did you just assume” tweet, which was an entirely different person from the guy the rest of the article is talking about.

My mistake. It's kinda confusing because CD Red and CD Blue are so connected. 

Well it doesn't change the point that the fired someone based on a stupid joke. (A joke I find distasteful, but wouldn't fire someone over it) 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My mistake. It's kinda confusing because CD Red and CD Blue are so connected. 

Well it doesn't change the point that the fired someone based on a stupid joke. (A joke I find distasteful, but wouldn't fire someone over it) 

what joke?

18 minutes ago, Centurion said:

So my buddy bought RDR2 and wasn’t that into it, like he liked the game, but he just didn’t want to play it much anymore so he was gonna return it and I was like how about you give it to me, so I got RDR2 for the Xbone for two cans of dip

Now you need to trade RDR2 for something equally more valuable, like a bicycle or a laptop. And then so on and so on until you own a house for the price of two cans of dip. XD 

• Haha 2