Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

Just now, The Secret Sunbro said:

He wasn't to hard for me, but I also really enjoy 3. It was my favorite. The only boss the still gives me trouble to this day is Midir. I won't lie. Can't beat him idk why.

Such casual tastes, Blood[redacted] is by far the best one (and I say that as a massive fan the series in general) XD

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Norse Mythology is one of the most badass things ever made XD Basically every fantasy work takes inspiration from it. LOTR, [redacted] Souls, TES, Witcher. EVERYTHING 

By this logic, Celtic mythology is the most badass and it's full of fairies.

@ColonelKillaBee You play more than one mmo so stop lyin. Overwatch, Ark, I'm probably missing some.

17 minutes ago, Celan said:

By this logic, Celtic mythology is the most badass and it's full of fairies.

@ColonelKillaBee You play more than one mmo so stop lyin. Overwatch, Ark, I'm probably missing some.

:rofl: I need to put this in a frame or something. This is why I tell you to play more games before you talk trash about them XD

Neither of those are MMOs. Overwatch is like team fortress, team based shooter, more or less, and Ark is a survival game.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: I need to put this in a frame or something. This is why I tell you to play more games before you talk trash about them XD

Neither of those are MMOs. Overwatch is like team fortress, team based shooter, more or less, and Ark is a survival game.

I would say Ark has MMO elements (Guild wars, PVP and PVE to a large scale) but it's leans more towards the survival genre yes. 

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

and Ark is a survival game.

To be fair, some people call Fallout 76 an mmo and it’s basically Bethesda’s shitty attempt at a game like Ark. They’re not right, but at least it’s easy to see where this one would come from. There are some common elements, like lots of people roaming around the same server at once, killing each other, working together, forming what amounts to “guilds” and shit.

Overwatch... yeah. It’s no more of an mmo than Halo or Battlefield.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I would say Ark has MMO elements (Guild wars, PVP and PVE to a large scale) but it's leans more towards the survival genre yes. 

"PVE" and "PVP" are just pc gaming terms, not mmo elements. There's pvp, pve and stats yea but lol Madden and 2K have those as well.

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To be fair, some people call Fallout 76 an mmo and it’s basically Bethesda’s shitty attempt at a game like Ark. They’re not right, but at least it’s easy to see where this one would come from. There are some common elements, like lots of people roaming around the same server at once, killing each other, working together, forming what amounts to “guilds” and shit.

Overwatch... yeah. It’s no more of an mmo than Halo or Battlefield.

Ark may have some on the surface comparisons, like 2K lol, but anyone thats played it knows that Ark's about as much of an mmo as 2k is.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

How many people can be on one server in Ark, anyway?

I have no idea about official, highest I've seen on our private server was 30 for the new map. 

It would be absolute hell with more than that. Partly why I avoid official. It's brutal there.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I have no idea about official, highest I've seen on our private server was 30 for the new map. 

It would be absolute hell with more than that. Partly why I avoid official. It's brutal there.

I thought I read it could be a lot more than that. Like 80-100+ even. Could be wrong though. 

I think mmos are usually characterized as games with several hundred. Hence that first M standing for massive. So official Ark isn’t quite there, but it’s probably the closest you’ll find without being one. Private servers are obviously different though. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

It probably is, the issues I've read about official certainly sound like they come from numbers like that. And that's where alpha tribes and such come into play. If there weren't private servers where people can set rules and such, I would've never got into it.

That and someone bought it for me so I kinda had to try it.