Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol you got time to 100% spiderman, you got time to finish Witcher 3's campaign at least, one of the best games of this generation alongside God of War.

To be fair, Spider-Man is apparently one of the easiest PS4 games to 100%.

Oh, and I loved God of War. One of the best games I’ve played in years. But I would not put it on the same pedestal as Witcher 3.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To be fair, Spider-Man is apparently one of the easiest PS4 games to 100%.

Oh, and I loved God of War. One of the best games I’ve played in years. But I would not put it on the same pedestal as Witcher 3.

Really? That's surprising.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I would personally rank God of War on par (or even above) Witcher 3 XD But that might because i'm a Norse Mythology nut. And I was a fan of GOW before the new game.

I would say it's because you're salty CDPR has the crown and you wish there was a game out there better than Witcher 3 XD 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Really? That's surprising.

I thought you of all people wouldn’t be surprised to hear that. I agree with you that Witcher 3 is a game of the generation. But really, the only other one that I’d put on the same level as it is RDR2.

God of War is phenomenal, don’t get me wrong. The father-son dynamic is The Last of Us tier, and the story might even be a little better (it helps that it’s very personal and tight). The big twist is one of the best ever, too. And the gameplay is very fun and satisfying.

But Witcher 3 wins out for me because its world feels so alive and real. Like Celan has said, CDPR took painstaking effort to include details like regional accents, and so many characters we meet feel like real people and not just randoms we meet along the way. Then we got Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, which upped the ante in every way.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And I say bullshit XD By that logic I can say you think i'm salty because there's a better game then a CD project one :Yol:

Except we all know which is the likely story mr still compares (censored) to everything we like XD 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But that might because i'm a Norse Mythology nut. And I was a fan of GOW before the new game.

So am I. That’s another reason why I love it so much. But the reason Witcher 3 wins out for me is that they both do so many of the same things extremely well, but Witcher 3 goes further with the world.

1 minute ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

I do love elder scrolls Im just not a lore nut which I mean no offense 

I’ll be the first to tell you that if you don’t like MMO games and you’re not a lore nut, ESO might not be the game for you. I like it because I’m a lore nut. Colonel loves it because he’s a lore nut and a closeted MMO fan. It’s great for those two things.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll be the first to tell you that if you don’t like MMO games and you’re not a lore nut, ESO might not be the game for you. I like it because I’m a lore nut. Colonel loves it because he’s a lore nut and a closeted MMO fan. It’s great for those two things.

:rofl: Fuck you lol it's one MMO I like. 

@ God of War, that makes sense

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And there's something oddly cathartic about an angry Spartan brutally killing everything from Norse Mythology that Witcher dosen't have...

Yeah, I love how they changed the usual formula where the protagonist starts out weaker than most of his enemies and rises to their level along the way.

Kratos already had a full trilogy of that nonsense. XD He’s the baddest motherfucker around and the real drama comes from protecting his son and raising him right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I love how they changed the usual formula where the protagonist starts out weaker than most of his enemies and rises to their level along the way.

Kratos already had a full trilogy of that nonsense. XD He’s the baddest motherfucker around and the real drama comes from protecting his son and raising him right.

Exactly XD 

So when I say I believe God of War  is on par or better (depending on my mood), it comes from the Soul of Bigbossbalrog!