Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: This has gotta be my favorite joke related to the RP in a long time.

That’s my face trying to figure out how ships & sea tactics work/how to lead an army (x2 because of Alan)/wtf even is shadow magic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BTC said:

That’s my face trying to figure out how ships & sea tactics work/how to lead an army (x2 because of Alan)/wtf even is shadow magic

It’s me for literally any writing I do for Endar if it’s been longer than a couple weeks. I can’t even imagine having to keep track of shadow magic or like, half the shit Baldur knows.

Fallout is easier in the sense that the material is generally less confusing, but I also have way more to learn and keep track of for it. In any case, relatable meme. XD 

35 minutes ago, Celan said:

Half hour of Geoff Keighley blather, oh joy

Eh. I’m just gonna wait and look up the spark notes. Especially if there’s not supposed to be any Cyberpunk.

@BigBossBalrog Anything on Halo or The Last of Us, or the new Obsidian game?

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

It’s me for literally any writing I do for Endar if it’s been longer than a couple weeks. I can’t even imagine having to keep track of shadow magic or like, half the shit Baldur knows.

Fallout is easier in the sense that the material is generally less confusing, but I also have way more to learn and keep track of for it. In any case, relatable meme. XD 

Eh. I’m just gonna wait and look up the spark notes. Especially if there’s not supposed to be any Cyberpunk.

@BigBossBalrog Anything on Halo or The Last of Us, or the new Obsidian game?

First twenty minutes, no so far.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor Obsidian new game is called the Outer Worlds. Trailer was pretty long looks like New Vegas in space (i'm serious) Looks sweet. They made a fucking jab at Beth too (the introduce themselves as the ORIGINAL creators of Fallout) 

I doubt it’s meant to be a jab. This game is Tim Cain’s big project. And he literally invented Fallout. It’d be stranger if they didn’t include that, since it’s such a massive accolade and sure to grab attention.

Gonna go watch it now.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

It reminded me more of Borderlands than Fallout, looks interesting. Ok I'm off. zzzzzz

Don’t be fooled, it’s gonna be the same exact game as the rest of them with a different theme that amounts to nothing but a different setting.

Last good Farcry game was Farcry 3.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

She's talking about Outer Worlds dingus XD

Balrog, you are the last person on earth that should be calling out anyone for a mistake like that, you fucking goober XD 

Edit: didn’t see your postunder mine lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

It reminded me more of Borderlands than Fallout, looks interesting. Ok I'm off. zzzzzz

The setting definitely reminds me a lot of Borderlands. But I definitely some Fallout 2 vibes too.

Looks promising. Trying not to let my inner Obsidian fanboy get too overhyped when we still know so little. I wanna know more about the mechanics and how serious of an RPG it is. Other than that, I have full faith in their ability to build an awesome and unique world, so I'm pretty excited to see where they go with this.