Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Admittedly it does look good... Fingers crossed we might get a decent fallout game soon after all XD 

The trailer definitely had style. The music, colors, and humor made it feel very fun. 

I'm starting to get the impression that there is some kind of sci-fi cowboy obsession at Obsidian (probably whoever wrote this gal)... but I'm totally okay with that. :lol: 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh, and I should probably hold out on that from soft comment, their PC ports are usually pretty bad on day one supposedly.

Might have to get their new IP on PlayStation actually.

Hmmm? Admittedly Dark Souls 1 had an abyssal  port, but 2 was much improved, Scholar of the First Sin was great, 3 was good (and all the problems it did have we're patched in a few weeks), and Remastered's is flawless. They've come a long way. Really wouldn't worry about Sekiro, and the 60 FPS makes a huge difference.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But I’ll have enough saved to get a PlayStation of my own pretty soon, and I’m dying to play bloodborne.  I’ll be playing that even before red dead. Possibly.

Looks like our endless shilling payed off Doctor XD

God of Fucking War won Game of the Year, WOOOOOOOOOO!

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

On another note I cant wait to experience Halo remastered, they did a good job with the cutscenes at least. The game itself... well, I didn't like what they did to the flood introduction.

Halo 2 Remastered blows it completely out of the water.  It's by far 343's best work. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Scholar of the First Sin was great

Especially for a Dark fan.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

On another note I cant wait to experience Halo remastered, they did a good job with the cutscenes at least. The game itself... well, I didn't like what they did to the flood introduction.

Agreed. Made them much less scary, imo.

The cutscenes in Remastered Halo 2 are ridiculously good (just skip around a bit). Almost movie quality. My favorite is the one where Chief and Arbiter meet Gravemind. Because of its placement between two other cutscenes, there ended up being like a twelve minute break between gameplay segments. But it was awesome.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

The cutscenes in Remastered Halo 2 are ridiculously good (just skip around a bit). Almost movie quality. My favorite is the one where Chief and Arbiter meet Gravemind. Because of its placement between two other cutscenes, there ended up being like a twelve minute break between gameplay segments. But it was awesome.

I'm talking about the port quality XD And didn't you do the same thing you did with Kingmaker or whatever with Scholar? You brought the game knowing you weren't going to play much of it for awhile to support From.

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

God of Fucking War won Game of the Year, WOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd have preferred it to be Red Dead, but I'm not upset. God of War was really damned good and would've been an easy pick of mine most years.

I think the shitty online launch is what killed it for Rockstar. It's still in Beta, but nobody is really treating it like it is and the in-game economy is awful. Literally no online mode would've made them more likely to win, since they wouldn't have had that tarnish.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I watched them all, but its not the same as playing and seeing them which is what I'm looking forward to. I think I'll play the flood intro level classic tho.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Microsoft to 343: "Your Inability to safeguard Halo was a colossal failure..."

Best youtube comment.

Also they really went all out with the hentai ending with Cortana at the end XD 10/10 always a pleasure to see. Makes me wish the Halo movie was a thing after all. And that the Halo CE remake was as good, but ah well, Halo 2 was my favorite of the original trilogy anyway.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Microsoft to 343: "Your Inability to safeguard Halo was a colossal failure..."

Best youtube comment.

Also they really went all out with the hentai ending with Cortana at the end XD 10/10 always a pleasure to see. Makes me wish the Halo movie was a thing after all. And that the Halo CE remake was as good, but ah well, Halo 2 was my favorite of the original trilogy anyway.

Showtime is making an series as we speak, with Steven Spielberg producing.

Halo 1 Anniversary was fine, Halo 2 Anniversary was great, Halo 4 was...good, if not great, MC Collection is amazing. Halo 5 is very medicore, but I think 343 has done an overall decent job. Alot of good books, and I enjoyed Halo Wars 2 immensely.  Just saying it could have been alot worse. 

Have alot of hope for Infinity though. 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Halo 1 Anniversary was good, Halo 2 Anniversary was great, Halo 4 was...good, if not great, MC Collection is amazing. Halo 5 is very medicore, but I think 343 has done a decent job. Alot of good books, and I enjoyed Halo Wars 2 immensely.  Just saying it could have been alot worse. 

Have alot of hope for Infinity though. 

They ruined the flood intro tho, which I feel like any halo fan could've directed them on, and the ones that came from Bungie should've been able to help with.

Halo 4 campaign was good. Ish. Halo 4 multiplayer got rid of the Halo soul and replaced it with COD. Unforgivable. Plus, the armor blew. 

Halo 5 was complete ass. 

Halo Wars isn't even a part of this equation, it's an RTS spinoff.