Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Y’all are gonna kill me but the last and maybe only obsidian gamethat interested me was new Vegas.

Meh. CRPGs ain't for everyone. I haven't beaten any that came after it, but mostly because RPGs take me forever and so I have a hard time committing to them. But between Fallout, Pillars of Eternity, and Tyranny, these guys have a stellar track record of building fantastic and creative worlds.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hoping the microsoft deal will get them to make better production games because the small stuff they make just doesn’t do it for me anymore.

This new one definitely looks like it won't be small. No release date yet, so it could still have a lot more time in development too.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Is it bad that I'm actually hoping that this latest fiasco costs Bethesda Fallout, and then Microsoft, seeing an opportunity in their partnership with Obsidian, spend bukoo bucks to buy the IP from Zenimax and put it back in the hands of the guys who made it?

Pipe dream. Never gonna happen. But man, if only it did.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is it bad that I'm actually hoping that this latest fiasco costs Bethesda Fallout, and then Microsoft, seeing an opportunity in their partnership with Obsidian, spend bukoo bucks to buy the IP from Zenimax and put it back in the hands of the guys who made it?

Pipe dream. Never gonna happen. But man, if only it did.

After the total disrespect they’ve been showing to their own IP’s, hell no that’s not bad. They are forever off of the day one purchase list for me. Which at this point I think only has enough space for CD project red

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Maybe Fromsoft too

Which is funny since so far you've only been all that big into one of their games. XD But I get it. A big part of it isn't just how good the games are. It's their business practice and how they treat the customers. Obsidian had the same effect on me with New Vegas. And CDPR made such a fan in me that I bought Thronebreaker as basically a donation, since I doubt I'll play it for a good few months. 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which is funny since so far you've only been all that big into one of their games. XD But I get it. A big part of it isn't just how good the games are. It's their business practice and how they treat the customers. Obsidian had the same effect on me with New Vegas. And CDPR made such a fan in me that I bought Thronebreaker as basically a donation, since I doubt I'll play it for a good few months. 

I’m definitely into the first dark souls, it’s just a shame that I played the third first. Same with Morrowind, I really can’t get into it as much as the rest of you. But the story, the Lore, the characters, quests, top knotch

The aged gameplay holds me back. 

But I’ll have enough saved to get a PlayStation of my own pretty soon, and I’m dying to play bloodborne.  I’ll be playing that even before red dead. Possibly.

Also excited for their new IP.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But I’ll have enough saved to get a PlayStation of my own pretty soon, and I’m dying to play bloodborne.  I’ll be playing that even before red dead. Possibly.

YES!!! Since I pushed it so hard, I will pay you back every penny for Bloodborne if you don't like it. But you will, so don't even bother remembering I wrote this.

Only reason I'd recommend playing RDR first is because spoilers are a much bigger possibility with it. I've already been hit with a couple myself, despite trying pretty damn hard to avoid them.

Also... probably jinxing myself but me getting a permanent 20+ an hour job soon is looking pretty good, so I’ll be swagg’d out with all the PlayStation games and such, lord willing. If so I’m buying an Xbox too specifically for red dead (shooting easier plus Doc ;) ) and for halo stuffs.

• Like 2

The disclaimer text that scrolls past really quickly at the end of the Outer Worlds trailer is really freaking funny. 

"By watching this advertisement, the viewer absolves Spacer's Choice of any liability throughout the universe until the end of time."

"Spacer's Choice is contractually obligated to state that Auntie Cleo products do not contain cyanide, cystypig gastric juices, mercury, sprat intestines, or human body parts despite any previous claims made to the contrary by Spacer's Choice." :rofl: 

"And remember, Spacer's Choice pre-sliced bread tastes fresh because because it was."

• Haha 2

One of the Outer Worlds screenshots shows it'll have the classic dialogue system with actions and skill checks. And they're fully written out so probably no voiced protagonist. And with all the Fallout mentions they made, I get a strong feeling that this is their attempt to create something similar in a new IP.

Ok, the hype is starting to leak for me. XD 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

One of the Outer Worlds screenshots shows it'll have the classic dialogue system with actions and skill checks. And they're fully written out so probably no voice acted protagonist. And with all the Fallout mentions they made, I get a strong feeling that this is their attempt to create something similar in a new IP.

Ok, the hype is starting to leak for me. XD 

Admittedly it does look good... Fingers crossed we might get a decent fallout game soon after all XD 

• Like 1