Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s fair. I wouldn’t blame someone for not wanting to play Tales either (even though I personally loved it), but it’s without a doubt a good inclusion to that world.

Indeed, and that’s all I’m saying. I’m pretty sure I hate MMOs as much as anyone here, and I was probably the most vocal about my dislike of ESO. Before I gave it a good try. 

Dont care if @Celan ever plays ESO, and I don’t expect her to be able to get past the gameplay but there’s a lot of things about it I know for a fact she’d like if she did. Unless she’s gonna tell me she doesn’t care about interesting quests good characters and good lore.

Though to be fair I did play it before the recent updates and changes and it was honestly unplayable for me.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

34 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Welp. I’ve hit a crossroads. I’ve been avoiding it all this time but now that I’ve been crafting medium armor they want me to pick cotton.

I can’t do it.

XD I kinda know how you feel. I once had an event (in another game lol) that had me talking a bunch of potatoes from these starving farmers. And I'm just thinking, "Guess I was one of the British pricks who starved my ancestors in the famine. "

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

XD I kinda know how you feel. I once had an event (in another game lol) that had me talking a bunch of potatoes from these starving farmers. And I'm just thinking, "Guess I was one of the British pricks who starved my ancestors in the famine. "

The hell were you playing? Stalin Simulator?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Don’t knock it till you try it

edit: that doesn’t always work but in this case it certainly does. They did a really good job with both lore and quests in this game.

Im not gonna crap on it just cause it’s an mmo. Credit where credit is due.

MMO's are trash. They're designed to be trash. ESO is what started them down this road. And now that Bethesda is addicted to that sweet sweet microtransaction ca$h, trash is all we're ever going to get.

w/e

lol

Mmos are trash, and all the worst parts of the game are mmo related, but the best parts are damn good. Better than what Bethesda themselves have been doing, so for that reason I can’t let the blame for what Bethesda’s done go to ESO.

The dumbification of their games started with Skyrim with those radiant quests if we’re gonna finger point. They certainly got greedy and looked to mmos, and yea I know eso is the reason partially, said so before anyone here, but eso is successful for a reason.

Bethesda slapped together some bullshit with absolutely nothing that eso had to make the game successful. 

Call it what you like but fact is Zenimax did justice to the game more than Bethesda has in years.

And, they were gonna go down this route regardless and had plans for a fallout multiplayer game before ESO was even a thing. 

MMOs are designed to shovel as much bullshit into a game as possible to keep you spending money long past the best before date. It's a dev oriented design philosophy, not player oriented. If you can peel some enjoyment from the game, that's fine. I myself won't contribute to the delinquency, so like I said. Trash bin.

Except that bullshit takes the form of actual good dlc and content, for the most part.

Like I said I don’t really care if you play it or not but you’re being dismissive of things you don’t even gotta actually play to recognize, namely lore and quests. 

If they were just ok that would be one thing, but they’re better in a lot of ways than some of the content in the main titles. Despite being an mmo.

Not gonna dismiss that. I don’t know whose fault it is that the mmo got more creative lore and quests than the main titles but it is what it is.

...which in order to play, you gotta wade through the shit. And contribute to the mentality that this is a legitimate way to make games. 

I'll have to take your word on lore and quests. Nothing I've seen looks particularly interesting, but maybe I'm just not interested in ES anymore in general. 

...you can do the dlc from the start and literally skip everything else.

@the rest, fair enough. 

Though I had the same opinion you did until I picked it up, the best lore editions are things they don’t slap on the front of UESP, mainly because there’s way too much to cover. 

Things like the brutality and cunning of the Bretons at war, the Tribunal and their dealings with the Daedra, Sotha Sil specifically. 

• Like 1

Then there’s things like seeing Baar Dau almost crash right into your face as it hurtles directly towards Vivec’s temple in Vivec City lol. Surprising epic moments you read about in lore but rarely get to see executed so well.

edit: Which also highlights how bad Bethesda’s game engine is.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Then there’s things like seeing Baar Dau almost crash right into your face as it hurtles directly towards Vivec’s temple in Vivec City lol. Surprising epic moments you read about in lore but rarely get to see executed so well.

edit: Which also highlights how bad Bethesda’s game engine is.

It's really bad at set pieces for some reason. My favourite they did was when Dagon was rampaging through the Imperial City. 

New Halo Infinite Details (JUST SHOW US A TRAILER ALREADY)

"Spartan customization will be Reach inspired. They said they know a lot of people liked that level of customization and will pleased with what Infinite has.
Infinite will have 4 player splitscreen
The Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind when it comes to different hardware combinations.
Black undersuits for spartans are confirmed (all parts that aren't metal). The art department is aware the demand for it.
Halo 5 players who reach Spartan Rank 152(max rank) will receive an award in Halo Infinite."

• Like 2