Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

This is why I want to wait to play it on pc, or till they confirm there’s no pc release.

Main reason I wanted to hurry and play it was for online and playing with some of the gang here, especially my boi but since atm online sounds like it sucks, there’s no rush for me.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Short ass.

You're damn right Leliana's going to be wanting some of dat short ass.

38 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No RDR 2 mention for you Doc?

Ey, Scout “Harding” had the best ass of all of Inquisition.

If I recall half of the threads on the Bioware forums we're people complaining and bitching she wasn't romanceable XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You're damn right Leliana's going to be wanting some of dat short ass.

If I recall half of the threads on the Bioware forums we're people complaining and bitching she wasn't romanceable XD

Yep, I was one of the people participating XD 

Would bounce that short bitch on my knee with a smile and a harding.

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: I love how push to talk is a fucking bullet point feature that’s just now being added for these limp dick fucks. Fuck them.

52986EB1-4173-4432-A405-BC99B5C8E330.thumb.png.243e96f395d64ca857e483c8a9ace7fe.png351EC228-210C-4EFA-A9BB-C2604C9F93DB.thumb.png.3737bf4d82c9b40452b4bc10e2c2b941.png

*Shakes heads* Those are all basic quality of life features in every other MMO. 

And the post content paragraph sounds like shit. People are expecting expansions.

Yea those “features” are snoozeville as fuck. They’re probably just trying to make as much money as they can salvage but it really shows just how little they’ve bothered to put into it. 

They got really fucking slack, thought all they had to do was slap Fallout on it and they could complete the rest of the game, eventually, years later.

I’m really worried ESO will go down in history as their last good TES title. That would be sad.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea those “features” are snoozeville as fuck. They’re probably just trying to make as much money as they can salvage but it really shows just how little they’ve bothered to put into it. 

They got really fucking slack, thought all they had to do was slap Fallout on it and they could complete the rest of the game, eventually, years later.

I’m really worried ESO will go down in history as their last good TES title. That would be sad.

It's pretty crazy how Zenimax online went from hated to "ZENIMAX ONLINE PLEASE FUCKING SAVE US" XD I would love to see there take on a proper TES game 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's pretty crazy how Zenimax online went from hated to "ZENIMAX ONLINE PLEASE FUCKING SAVE US" XD I would love to see there take on a proper TES game 

I stopped talking shit when I went to Hammerfell and they said Ruptga.

25 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They're still ass to me. Should've stayed far, far away from all that MMO shit.

This warms the cockles of my cold dead heart

Not gonna lie, the MMO in a lot of ways was better than the main title.

I still don't like things about the gameplay but I am so glad someone did the Nords justice in their homeland where Bethesda did not. Skyrim vanilla gameplay is ass anyway.

Not saying I prefer it over Skyrim, but I am actually glad ESO was a thing.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not gonna lie, the MMO in a lot of ways was better than the main title.

I still don't like things about the gameplay but I am so glad someone did the Nords justice in their homeland where Bethesda did not. Skyrim vanilla gameplay is ass anyway.

w/e

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

w/e

Don’t knock it till you try it

edit: that doesn’t always work but in this case it certainly does. They did a really good job with both lore and quests in this game.

Im not gonna crap on it just cause it’s an mmo. Credit where credit is due.

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im not gonna crap on it just cause it’s an mmo. Credit where credit is due.

I will. I still hate the gameplay and all the awesome locations being ruined by ten thousand other players dicking around everywhere you turn.

But yeah, blame where it’s due and credit where it’s due. The world and lore are better handled than they’ve been by Bethesda since Morrowind, with the races being given their due without all the watering down we got in the last two main titles. The quests are really, really good too. Easily the best and most creative in the series if you can get over the awful gameplay required to complete them. I like the game, but I don’t blame anyone who can’t.

If Skyrim had creative and reactive side quests like ESO, and if it had handled the lore and the Nords even half as well, it would’ve been the golden standard for TES games.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is why I want to wait to play it on pc, or till they confirm there’s no pc release.

Might have some good news for you. ;) 

edit: some commenters think it’s fake. Some think it’s real. The leak for GTAV on PC looked pretty similar though, for whatever that’s worth.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I’m honestly not nearly as bothered by the presence of others as I thought I’d be but yea I did say the gameplay is bad. 

Edit: I’m getting used to it though. It’s not enough for me to ignore how much better their quests and lore are. @The Good Doctor didn’t mean everything about it is stellar, crapping on it to me is dismissing everything about it. Which I’m not gonna do. The good outweighs the bad imo.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s not enough for me to ignore how much better their quests and lore are. 

Me neither. That’s why I agreed to give them credit where it’s due. ESO adds a lot to TES overall. But for as long as I’ve played it, I still don’t like the gameplay one bit and I still don’t like seeing hundreds of other idiots running around either half naked with glowing skin or in full daedric armor, dancing in fountains, dueling in the streets, and clustering around crafting benches by the dozens. Completely kills all immersion for me. 

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The good outweighs the bad imo.

I agree. But I enjoy it less as a game and more as a window into some really cool lore and history of Tamriel. Lucky for me, those were some of my favorite parts of the franchise to begin with.

I’m just saying for the record I’m not giving all that other stuff a pass either, I just don’t think completely dismissing all of it just because of the gameplay is fair even if it’s not your cup of tea.

Would be like me shitting on Tales from the Borderlands just because it’s not a shooter.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Would be like me shitting on Tales from the Borderlands just because it’s not a shooter.

That’s fair. I wouldn’t blame someone for not wanting to play Tales either (even though I personally loved it), but it’s without a doubt a good inclusion to that world.