Soulsborne Thread#2

On 11/28/2018 at 9:56 AM, TheCzarsHussar said:

People keep finding more and more new things about DS3.

Man fuck Bandai for butchering the game. I love Dark Souls 3, but i'm getting fucking sour on it now that I know how much Bandai fucking ruined it!

BTW, 

Bloodborne 2 deconfirmed by Miyisaki, he just did the Easter Egg in Decraine to troll people XD Phew, crisis averted. 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Bloodborne 2 deconfirmed by Miyisaki, he just did the Easter Egg in Decraine to troll people XD Phew, crisis averted. 

I do hope that the Blood and Bones thing actually points to something legit though. A Native American inspired Fromsoft game could be really cool.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I do hope that the Blood and Bones thing actually points to something legit though. A Native American inspired Fromsoft game could be really cool.

Funny thing is Dark Souls 2 was originally going to be inspired by Native American folklore XD Very early concept art. 

1370091782-dark-souls-2-art-4.jpg

But the higher ups forced the director to change it because they felt it would be way too foreign. Could have been very interesting though, there's some really creepy stuff in it. But maybe it's better used in a new series then a sequel.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

burn-the-wendigo-alive-to-survive-photo-

I think Wendigos are some of the scariest and most horrible things imagined by humans.

Honestly imagining an ever starving gaunt human that isn't depicted as a shit werewolf clone is honestly real scary.

The silent giant thin almost skeleton like depictions freaks me out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Honestly imagining an ever starving gaunt human that isn't depicted as a shit werewolf clone is honestly real scary.

Wendigo2.jpg

There usually depicted as super freaky, but it's just the concept that gets to me. Humans, cold and alone, feasting on each other in desperation, and becoming this abominations that are forever hungry, and wander the dark mountains and woods looking for innocent people to devour...never truly being able to end there hunger. For eternity...

Scariest thing to come out of Canada XD Besides the taxes that is...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Balrog knows where I’m about to go with this...

You would love Bloodborne.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Im getting a chance to play it Friday! I want to start out with an Arcane build, step outside my norm.

>:( Strength or fucking bust.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Balrog knows where I’m about to go with this...

Hide contents

You would love Bloodborne.

At this point From should pay us for advertising, there isn't a game we shill more XD

And that's because it's fucking awesome!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Im getting a chance to play it Friday! I want to start out with an Arcane build, step outside my norm.

Just a forewarning: I wouldn’t reccomend it. Wall of text below.

Arcane builds are not very new-player friendly (though not as bad as bloodtinge). There is no conventional “magic” in Bloodborne like the sorceries and pyromancies in Souls, so Hunters who specialize in Arcane are really just guys who carry lots of gadgets and relics that have powers, and imbue their weapons with gems, basically weapon enchantments.

Unfortunately, those gadgets, relics, and gems are pretty scarce early on -even rarer than spells in souls- and the coolest stuff comes even later. Not to mention, using them properly involves learning all the fairly complicated crafting and upgrading systems that’ll be second nature to you later in the game but can be somewhat confusing early on. Meanwhile, you’ll be weeping at the piles of amazing looking strength and skill based weapons you amass but are unable to properly wield. 

If you’re worried about playing too similarly to how you did in Souls, don’t be. Even a heavy hitting strength, skill, or quality build will give you a much faster paced and overall different experience than what you’re used to. Classes aside, the trick weapons make the experience feel totally different and each one is very unique in its use.

That said, I’ve done lots of builds. And even my main has some points in Arcane for the cooler low level tricks. So if that didn’t change your mind, I’m happy to help you with your Arcane with what I remember.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Strength or fucking bust.

Strength + Bloodtinge, and go full Powder Keg. :letsgo:

Edit for Czar: I wouldn’t do this either. Bloodtinge is a bitch and a half for new players.

Edited by The Good Doctor
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's super cool, but I was never able to get it to work for me XD You need to have literally perfect timing.

But man, it hits insanely hard when you get it down. With upgrades, it can pretty much instakill most enemies. 

Though my favorite weapons are the classic Saw Cleaver and Beasthunter Saif.

The Threaded Cane and Bowblade get points for style, too.

The Burial Blade and the Hunter's axe are my favourite, but I honestly don't dislike any of them (Besides the shield).  There's only around thirty or forty weapons, but what made the Trick weapons so cool was each one felt completely unique. Weapons art's in Dank Souls 3 helped alot with variety, but they we're never close to beating BB.

Sekiro certainly has big shoes to fill. Hopefully the prosthetic weapons will be as varied. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sekiro certainly has big shoes to fill. Hopefully the prosthetic weapons will be as varied. 

Sekiro looks cool and I am excited, but from what I’ve seem so far, I don’t expect it to be another Bloodborne for me. Imo, it’s almost as good as this type of game can get.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Sekiro looks cool and I am excited, but from what I’ve seem so far, I don’t expect it to be another Bloodborne for me. Imo, it’s almost as good as this type of game can get.

Curious, what don't you like? Is it the downplaying of the RPG elements and the set prot? I was a little disappointed myself, but honestly, I think without all the bloat of levelling and fucking cheese (magic), it's going to be a pure Soulsborne, all skill base. Miyisaki said as much, stating he can make the bosses even better cause he dosen't need to balance them around multiple builds anymore.

And the crazy stealth has me super excited as well

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Curious, what don't you like? Is it the downplaying of the RPG elements and the set prot?

I don’t mind the set protagonist, but the downplayed RPG elements are part of it for sure. And unless they get really creative with it (which, to be fair, they usually do), I’m not crazy about the sword being our only primary weapon.

But the main reason I feel this way isn’t even a dig at Sekiro. It’s just that Bloodborne is so damned good. I think that “hunting monsters spawned by the blood of Cthulhu in Victorian London” is gonna be an impossible setting for them to top. Feudal Japan with all that crazy mythology will no doubt be very fun, but from a completely subjective standpoint, Bloodborne was basically my ideal fromsoft game. I can only think of a couple things I don’t like about it, and they’re pretty minor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t mind the set protagonist, but the downplayed RPG elements are part of it for sure. And unless they get really creative with it (which, to be fair, they usually do), I’m not crazy about the sword being our only primary weapon.

But the main reason I feel this way isn’t even a dig at Sekiro. It’s just that Bloodborne is so damned good. I think that “hunting monsters spawned by the blood of Cthulhu in Victorian London” is gonna be an impossible setting for them to top. Feudal Japan with all that crazy mythology will no doubt be very fun, but from a completely subjective standpoint, Bloodborne was basically my ideal fromsoft game. I can only think of a couple things I don’t like about it, and they’re pretty minor.

Ah fair enough. I guess it's the "Nothing is going to better then this!" syndrome XD Fromsoft made it's game with Bloodborne already, and that is a peak you don't think is going to be topped right? 

• Like 1