Soulsborne Thread#2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog This is gonna sound strange, but the two sets I missed the most in DS1 that I wish returned in 3 are the Guardian and Stone sets. We seriously need some nicer looking primal stone armor instead of ugly ads Havel's.

I don't like them to be honest, way too heavy for my tastes.only thing I rock is the various Knight Sets, there so badass.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't like them to be honest, way too heavy for my tastes.only thing I rock is the various Knight Sets, there so badass.

I have serious characters for serious pvp in dsr, but also fun builds. A growing favorite of mine is the guardian set (minus the legs, ew) with the stone greatsword and greatshield.

Medium roll but 75 poise, real fun build.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I have serious characters for serious pvp in dsr, but also fun builds. A growing favorite of mine is the guardian set (minus the legs, ew) with the stone greatsword and greatshield.

Medium roll but 75 poise, real fun build.

I say quit pretending like you only like ‘em kinda big and rock the Smough set. 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Miyisaki interview. Alot of stuff here. Dude seems really humble, type you would want to hang around with it. Not only does he read (and love) all the lore speculation and theories from his Western fanbase,

"Yes, Miyazaki has read many lore analysis by players, and he loves it. He believes that, from the moment the game was published, its story is no longer his own, and belongs to every player that participated in this experience. The fragmented storytelling aims to encourage the players to form a story of their own through exploration, instead of passively accepting a world with each elements set in stone."

he lies straight out XD

" Miyazaki said that terrifying the players was not his primary motive; improving gameplay, designing good settings and compelling stories were the real priorities. Making people suffer was just a side effect." Bullshit XD

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

He said that only like three people beat the demo boss and that this was a problem because it means the tutorial didn’t explain things well enough. How much do you want to bet it’s just because the reviewers suck? XD 

Considering how many articles i've read, we're someone professes the Cleric Beast is one of the hardest bosses ever made, i'll bet alot XD If Journalists had there way, Soulsborne would have an easy mode.

31 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

A friend just showed me this today, I love his voice a lot more without the pitching done. The tittle is misleading, its the voice actor's normal voice.

Souls voice acting is top notch in general. But I think it's because they can do quality vs quanity to the extreme. 

My favourite voice belongs to the Doll. Her accent is very unfamiliar, but her voice and it's delivery is so relaxing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Souls voice acting is top notch in general. But I think it's because they can do quality vs quanity to the extreme. 

My favourite voice belongs to the Doll. Her accent is very unfamiliar, but her voice and it's delivery is so relaxing

Aldia is definitely up there for me. But most of my favorite VAs in these games are the various hunters in Bloodborne. Especially Gehrman. You could feel that old man’s fear and pain at times. Particularly when he talked in his sleep.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Aldia is definitely up there for me. But most of my favorite VAs in these games are the various hunters in Bloodborne. Especially Gehrman. You could feel that old man’s fear and pain at times. Particularly when he talked in his sleep.

NVM, lol, I was wrong, ignore that video, William Houston voices Chester, and he voices Vendrick, not Aldia.

Just the way they speak is different to alot of other game's, very quality and alot of weight, if that makes sense, lol. They put a hell of an effort into the English dubs, unlike most Eastern games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They put a hell of an effort into the English dubs, unlike most Eastern games.

Yeah and it’s very appreciated. This might be part of why it is so easy to forget these are Japanese games at all. 

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor @ColonelKillaBee

You guys ever encountered any asshole hackers on ds3? The kind that hits you with status effects and tries to get you to pick up things they drop?

Not in 3. There was a flying Havel in 2 that was super annoying. Honestly, I don't mind the creative ones XD It's worth a death for a laugh.