Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

56 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Frankly, I don’t care how sure you think you are. I consider you a good friend, but you don’t know me well enough to say that.

I know myself tho, and I know my culture. What you think on that, is irrelevant right now.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

56 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Where is this coming from?

I was skimming through the argument but didn't catch anything like that.

About me saying the topic of their philosophy and way of life, enslaving and raping, is more personal to me than it is to him.

I say that because my culture and upbringing was centered around it, and the result of a people born of such atrocity.

I'm not saying anyone here can't have strong feelings about the subject. But there is a big difference from someone that takes that moral stance, and those who are a product of the very thing we're talking about

That's why I had to admit I had a bias. It's a lot harder for me to simply disconnect myself and my personal feelings from the topic to see it objectively, because of what I am and what my family is, and what our ancestors were.

I do not think others can truly understand what that is like, though I do appreciate those who sympathize and am not trying to minimize that by any means.

I'm just saying @The Good Doctor that there is a difference.

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm just saying @The Good Doctor that there is a difference.

And that’s why I said you don’t know me that well. I’ve hardly shared my life on here at all besides meaningless shit like that I cook or where I’m from. I’m not denying or questioning how personal it is for you, but I’d ask the same for me.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Like all totalitarian terror regimes, they're going to be pretty effective for a while. Until they collapse in on themselves. See it in history so many times, and it's pretty apparent that's happening in the Mojave, too, with Caesar's own men turning on him.

Hell, if they weren't so ridiculous, I would have tried to make a character who could join them. As it was, there was simply no way to do that with a straight face.

Only one I'll admit to being badass is Joshua Graham. :love: And Ulysses.

Anyway y'all know the supreme badass in the Mojave is Mr. House. :P

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Celan said:

Like all totalitarian terror regimes, they're going to be pretty effective for a while. Until they collapse in on themselves. See it in history so many times, and it's pretty apparent that's happening in the Mojave, too, with Caesar's own men turning on him.

Caesar doesn’t have a problem with men turning on him. The only examples are Silus after extensive torture and being marked for death by the Legion anyway, Ulysses who is not normal and is still considering helping them, and Graham after Caesar branded him a traitor and tried to execute him. Everyone else we see is zealously loyal.

House is a favorite of mine too, but he’s a much better example of his men actually turning on him. He’s got leaders from every tribe beneath him doing so.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

30 minutes ago, Celan said:

As for being better. Better for whom? Not women or slaves, that's for damn sure. 

Pretty much everyone that are at the bottom in the Legion probably got it worse than before. Most others that manage to live without being assimilated would probably like not having to worry about raiders strolling into town and making a mess by murdering and raping. Caesar's laws aren't described as nice either, but they are laws that are strictly upheld. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

9 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Pretty much everyone that are at the bottom in the Legion probably got it worse than before. Most others that manage to live without being assimilated would probably like not having to worry about raiders strolling into town and making a mess by murdering and raping. Caesar's laws aren't described as nice either, but they are laws that are strictly upheld. 

Well fuck them, their safety comes at the cost of the freedom and dignity of others.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well fuck them, their safety comes at the cost of the freedom and dignity of others.

Though there's not much freedom or dignity living under the boots of fickle raiders either. Which was going to be one explanations, that didn't make it into the game, why people in Legion lands accept the Legion. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

7 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though there's not much freedom or dignity living under the boots of fickle raiders either. Which was going to be one explanations, that didn't make it into the game, why people in Legion lands accept the Legion. 

I’d rather fight than give into that and have my women enslaved and treated like cattle. 

Your mother, lover, sister, DAUGHTER, everyone taken away and given to whom they will for the promise of your bitch ass having safety? Fuck aalll of that.

I can’t even stomach a legion playthrough, never got even as far as blowing up the bunker for Caesar. At most I lied about it then turned around, came back with Boone and did everyone in.

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

So being raped by legion soldiers is better?  No, sorry. Laws that dehumanize your citizens and make them objects of subjugation and state terror are not better. It's just a different version of being fucked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Celan said:

So being raped by legion soldiers is better?  No, sorry. Laws that dehumanize your citizens and make them objects of subjugation and state terror are not better. It's just a different version of being fucked.

Indeed

Would you rather be fucked chaotically and at random or in an orderly fashion. LOL, that’s the only difference.

2 hours ago, Celan said:

And Graham. That sounds like a lot of issues to me. ;) There's also a succession crisis looming. 

House is not seriously threatened by anyone but the Courier. As far internal threats.

I said Graham. And he didn’t change his tune until after he was given the boot anyway. Same goes for Silus. Ulysses is the only person we’ve seen in the Legion who actually turned on them as a member, and he’s still on the fence about it.

All three of those examples are for very personal reasons and not at all indicative of “a lot of issues”. They didn’t inspire others to follow suit or anything like that. The Legion shows no signs of crumbling in-game while Caesar lives.

After he dies? Yeah, they’re probably not gonna last. Especially if Lanius doesn’t make it either.