Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #15

To battle!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. You're to hold a bridge against an enemy army. What do you shout at them?

• You shall not pass!
    • I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    • Ni! Ni! Ni!

BTW @ColonelKillaBee People have found more of Papa Lovecraft's letter's, this was just a few months before he got so sick :( Seems like he kinda ashamed of how much of a dick he was, and regretted his past racism very near the end of his life. 

In a letter he said, and I quote: "What a complacent, self-assured, egocentric jackass I was in those days!...I can better understand the inert blindness and defiant ignorance of the reactionaries from having been one of them. I know how smugly ignorant I was...I really had thrown all that haughty, complacent, snobbish, self-centered, intolerant bull, and at a mature age when anybody but a perfect damned fool would have known better!...It's hard to have done all one's growing up since 33--But that's a damn sight better than not growing up at all!" 

Dosen't excuse his past racism, but it's good to know he was starting to abandon them, too bad he died soon after.

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This makes it sound recent, but those letters were included in his biography that was written over 40 years ago.

Really? People we're discussing them on /lit/, so I though they we're recent. There's so many, and collections are terribly expensive, maybe some are just not well known.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H-P-Lovecraft-Selected-Letters-Five-Volume-Set-Arkham-House-HC-DJ/142853135872?hash=item2142b5de00:g:bXMAAOSwE9RbO8X8

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Find where he writes “I was wrong about black folk. They gave us A/C, peanut butter, music with rhythm, and Crisco. I love my niggas. Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nuthin ya fuck wit.”

THEN I’ll be impressed XD 

I don't think they had AC, Peanut Butter, and Crisco back then XD 

Some comments on reddit about the Bethesda launcher

So I have been doing some maths. to run steam on my PC, when it is downloading, has the store open and has chat open is 280MB.

to run Bethesda launcher on idle is 330MB. that is insane.

now lets factor in that betehsda launcher has no community features built in, no built in store, no built in browser, lets use the 4 links at the top of the launcher to open there items in my selected browser (firefox). lets also run discord so the 3 people that listen to my crap can listen to my crap some more.

that's 1,658MB ram just to run bethesda net at the same capacity as steam (280MB)

you can run ich, gog, origin, steam & uplay all at the same time with less RAM than what bethesda thinks is acceptable for a way to play fallout 76.

is this a joke? is this a prank?

The launcher itself is so bad, took forever for images to show up despite it using 300mb of ram, and ALSO all the tabs at the top of the app just link to a external website, whats the fucking point in having a launcher when its all off the app itself?

You also cannot resize the pop up windows, where you can do that in GOG or Steam.

Bethnet uses over 300mb on idle, origin only about 250mb when downloading and with chat open. I'm sure ihave see. Both uplay on origin sit at about 200mb when they are on idle, and they have so much more going on than Bethnet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Ah fuck. 300 MB's of RAM won't do much for something like Fallout, but a game as resources as intensive as Doom Eternal will need every MB to count, I hope to god Beth dosen't make ID put it up there.

330 is just for idle- for it to do nothing but sit open on your machine.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So many overhaul mods for New Vegas, just learned this team has gotten quite far with remaking Fallout 2 in New Vegas' engine.

Speaking of New Vegas, when I let my my buddy Nick play Lonesome Road which he never played before, he wad so disappointed with Ulysses.

I was like "Bitch, what?"

Ulysses is one of the most divisive characters in the series. He's a love or hate thing.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So many overhaul mods for New Vegas, just learned this team has gotten quite far with remaking Fallout 2 in New Vegas' engine.

Speaking of New Vegas, when I let my my buddy Nick play Lonesome Road which he never played before, he wad so disappointed with Ulysses.

I was like "Bitch, what?"

Well it seems clear to me that your buddy Nick is a virulent racist. Lovecraft and Gwyn would be proud.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.