Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #28

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Didn't Make it in the other Polls Edition

• Corio Adorin
    • Endar Drenim
    • Stalks-Deep-Waters
    • Jadaka Cliff-Hanger
    • Suri Falani
    • Magalos of the Hundred Tongues
    • Aenar Fleet-Foot
    • Nahfalhaan
    • Goblin Tim

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not even most PC players can handle "as demanding as possible". Even if they weren’t focused on a cross-platform audience, this wouldn’t work. Most gamers aren’t willing to drop 2 grand on their systems.

I made my Frankenstein monster of a computer with a mixture of old parts, and about 800 bucks, and I can shit new games on a mix of high and ultra at full 60fps 1080 P, people overestimate the cost for good gaming PC's XD Even a mid tier PC is a good deal stronger then a current gen console. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I made my Frankenstein monster of a computer with a mixture of old parts, and about 800 bucks, and I can shit new games on a mix of high and ultra at full 60fps 1080 P, people overestimate the cost for good gaming PC's XD Even a mid tier PC is a good deal stronger then a current gen console. 

$800 is still twice the price of new consoles, and with the added effort of having to build it yourself. That’s not cheap or casual. All of us are pretty big into gaming, so it’s easy to forget that the vast majority of people aren’t willing to invest in it to such an extent. Hell, even I’m not, despite everyone and their mother trying to get me to.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

48 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Like what happened with Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2 XD

They should have done it like Witcher 2's release. Design the game first and foremost for PC, release it, and then port it to the consoles with all the downgrades it requires. 

Agreed, tho doc is right in that this wouldn’t be a great business move on their part.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

27 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

$800 is still twice the price of new consoles, and with the added effort of having to build it yourself. That’s not cheap or casual. All of us are pretty big into gaming, so it’s easy to forget that the vast majority of people aren’t willing to invest in it to such an extent. Hell, even I’m not, despite everyone and their mother trying to get me to.

Hey Doc, get a pc

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So it's going proabally have an "animish" art style, like Korra and Avatar. 

Bleh. I tried giving Korra a good chance but it just wasn't anywhere near as good as Avatar. Plus I'm less then happy with all the retcons and stupid additions. 

If I was into Witcher stuff I'd be skeptical. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently Witcher is getting an animated movie. 

It's by MIR, the people who did Korra. So it's going proabally have an "animish" art style, like Korra and Avatar. 

This sounds terrible. Leave y’alls weeb shit out of my witcher

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hey Doc, get a pc

If I wanted to spend that kind of cash, I’d build me an SBR. Or a couple super tricked-out AR-pistols, with suppressors and shit. 

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bleh. I tried giving Korra a good chance but it just wasn't anywhere near as good as Avatar. Plus I'm less then happy with all the retcons and stupid additions. 

If I was into Witcher stuff I'd be skeptical. 

I completely agree. Avatar really didn’t need a sequel. It stood strong on its own.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If I wanted to spend that kind of cash, I’d build me an SBR. Or a couple super tricked-out AR-pistols, with suppressors and shit. 

I completely agree. Avatar really didn’t need a sequel. It stood strong on its own.

That would be pretty sweet. Hell for that cash you don’t gotta build one, you could just buy one as is with all the bells and whistles.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I also grew to really hate the setting. Avatar had the fire nation and the fire nation alone experimenting with industrialization while still maintaining an Asiatic theme that wasn't leaning too hard in any period. There were cool steampunk shit here and there like the giant ass drill but it still fit the aesthetic, only at the end of the show did the fire nation really bring out the big steampunk shit with airships (something they hadn't even produced themselves but reverse engineered).

Korra completely ruins the aesthetic by not only making everybody industrialized only two generations or so after Avatar but turned everything into fucking 1920's America. Turning what was badass and new from Avatar into the mundane and overly advanced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Remember that fire bending technique closely guarded by the royal family that allows you to S H O O T  L I G H T N I N G ?

I remember how it was the biggest deal ever too. Like, one of the main characters took multiple seasons just to learn how to defend against it, not even shoot it himself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I remember how it was the biggest deal ever too. Like, one of the main characters took multiple seasons just to learn how to defend against it, not even shoot it himself. 

Remember all that character development around it? Like how Zuko could have easily killed his father by redirecting it at him, and all the gritting learning involved with such powerful technique?

This is it now.
fuck.thumb.jpg.2aa86fac510f3bd298292bfcc4360428.jpg

Also honestly Korra is the most unlikable asshole in the entire show. She is consistently an absolute cunt with shitty character development. Oh and by the way, the Avatar is literally just a spirit kite.
a.jpg.558d1fe1ad8061adffc65a5f3fe591d7.jpg

• Haha 1

Well, the Kingdom Hearts haters got there wish XD The fans are reeeing so hard right now because of the new updated 3 ending that came out with the DLC today. I'll be honest, i'm utterly flabbergasted by it. 

Apparently the entire series was just a fever dream XD That's what it's implying anyway.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Like Mass Effect all over again, tho to BioWare’s credit at least they rolled out the free ending expansion pretty quick.

Gonna try the ending mod later though, supposedly it’s more happy than the in game bs.

Someone made a mod that unfucked the ending? That's impressive.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Because it's causing a massive shitstorm in the fandom XD You know how anime fans are like? This is like ten times worse right now.  

Sounds pretty gay lol. 

I actually don’t know what anime fans are like since I don’t involve myself in their fandoms, but I can imagine. At most I remember other like minded individuals calling Sasuke a faggot and saying Vegeta is the best and Goku is a terrible father. That’s it.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sounds pretty gay lol. 

I actually don’t know what anime fans are like since I don’t involve myself in their fandoms, but I can imagine. At most I remember other like minded individuals calling Sasuke a faggot and saying Vegeta is the best and Goku is a terrible father. That’s it.

Weren't you there when Naruto ended on tumblr, and the yaoi people had a meltdown, I remember laughing at that with you XD

• Haha 1