Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #28

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Didn't Make it in the other Polls Edition

• Corio Adorin
    • Endar Drenim
    • Stalks-Deep-Waters
    • Jadaka Cliff-Hanger
    • Suri Falani
    • Magalos of the Hundred Tongues
    • Aenar Fleet-Foot
    • Nahfalhaan
    • Goblin Tim

38 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How sturdy are they? Like if you went outside and started hitting shit with them, how much would you have to hold back?

Well its designed to be smacked around a good bit, and made of "impact plastic", but I still wouldn't go too hard. I've accidentally hit walls n shit and its still fine lol but I won't be smacking into anything but my brother and his blade.

Also they make it flash when it gets hit so I'm sure they knew people would be punishing these things. About the only warning I got was to be careful on the tip, but it said at worst if the tip comes off you can just superglue it back on. Also, the blades are replaceable.

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

27 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I found an interesting little game that we all could play. It's called Diplomacy and it's about stabbing each other in the back. :P 

http://webdiplomacy.net/index.php?

I’d be down to give it a shot.  

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It can rather involved as you create treaties and form alliances. Though you can put the turn timer from between 1 day to to 1 week to make sure everyone has enough time to talk and submit moves.

Seems kinda perfect for us lol. Since we’re slow as fuck to respond to anything almost XD 

Apparently one of the main Reasons Cyberpunk was delayed because CD was very upset by this gen's performance for the game. I honestly wished they would wait till Next Gen till in December. I hope there wont be a downgrade like Witcher 3 received, or even worse, something like Dark Souls 2. 

If I was buying on console, I'd wait for the invetiable Next Gen port of the game 

I think they know by now that after all the hype they can’t afford a downgrade. We’re i them, I’d switch advertising focus to the pc, and then ship it as is, then advertise smoother gameplay and higher performance for new gen in December after, if they insist on releasing mid year instead of at the end like Balrog said.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Some polish insider is claiming it was because of a bunch of reasons. But the main reason the game isn't working that well on this generation's consoles. 

That’s not surprising. Even from what little we’ve seen and been told, it looks beyond what the current gen can handle. I’d rather them do something like what Colonel said than screw over PC players with a lesser version just to make it more equal across the board.

That said, most of the money is in console game sales, so I don’t see them switching the advertising too heavily away from that. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s not surprising. Even from what little we’ve seen and been told, it looks beyond what the current gen can handle. I’d rather them do something like what Colonel said than screw over PC players with a lesser version just to make it more equal across the board.

That said, most of the money is in console game sales, so I don’t see them switching the advertising too heavily away from that. 

Like what happened with Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2 XD

They should have done it like Witcher 2's release. Design the game first and foremost for PC, release it, and then port it to the consoles with all the downgrades it requires. 

For the previous two you can kinda argue why they did it. Fromsoft was a small Japanese studio, at the time CD Project Red wasn't big at all. So making two very different versions of the game is financial stupid, but right now CD Project is swimming in cash from GoG, and it's other stuff, so I don't see why they could have developed the PC version to be as demanding as possible, and then do the console one later. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

and it's other stuff, so I don't see why they could have developed the PC version to be as demanding as possible, and then do the console one later. 

Not even most PC players can handle "as demanding as possible". Even if they weren’t focused on a cross-platform audience, this wouldn’t work. Most gamers aren’t willing to drop 2 grand on their systems.