Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #28

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Didn't Make it in the other Polls Edition

• Corio Adorin
    • Endar Drenim
    • Stalks-Deep-Waters
    • Jadaka Cliff-Hanger
    • Suri Falani
    • Magalos of the Hundred Tongues
    • Aenar Fleet-Foot
    • Nahfalhaan
    • Goblin Tim

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Rofl see, this is the kind of thing where people will take notice and realize closed borders is a very good thing, or at least restricted and closed to people that have no business being there. Now they want you to open up yourself and your body to the rabble and further put your people at risk.

Not to be political, but had my country listened to Trump, we wouldn't be as worried or affected by the coronavirus. They're listening now of course, after it's already made its way in here. 

Through common sense policies and a gov't telling their people not to panic, the coronavirus would be nothing, same as Obeezy and Swine Flu, which was actually worse than coronavirus is now in the US. But that's not what's happening. Instead, this election and partisan BS is making politicians fight one another and threatening to further expose us to harm all because another economic crisis would play perfectly into the hands of the left. As would a high death toll. Then they could point to Trump and say it was his fault. They're even trying to call it "Trump Virus".

The spread mostly came from Swedes that had gone on a ski trip in northern Italy. Even then there was very little done to stop direct flights from affected countries up till now.

The biggest problem has been the hubris. Up till now there was almost no precautions made by those at a higher level. They even went out and said they predicted only 0.1% of the population would be infected while Norway and Denmark had predictions 15-25%.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I hope you aren't Jewish, Witchkowitz.

Their hatred is more directed towards muslims.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

36 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

The spread mostly came from Swedes that had gone on a ski trip in northern Italy. Even then there was very little done to stop direct flights from affected countries up till now.

The biggest problem has been the hubris. Up till now there was almost no precautions made by those at a higher level. They even went out and said they predicted only 0.1% of the population would be infected while Norway and Denmark had predictions 15-25%.

Their hatred is more directed towards muslims.

I find that interesting because people are saying the same thing here, that Trump is underplaying the corona virus because of his address about it. Actually I'd say that this is one of his biggest weaknesses. He's not good at placating people who have a tendency to overreact because he is too blunt lol and too confident all the time. But even so, before China even had confirmed numbers of infected, Trump had restricted traffic between us, them, and I believe Korea. He'd been on the ball well before I even heard of coronavirus.

So that contrast is quite interesting, especially from the liberal ideal that is Sweden.

And sorry, I don't want to make your country's shortcomings all about the US, but you gotta understand that for years all we've ever heard about yours is how great it is over there and how wonderful and caring your leaders were compared to ours.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And sorry, I don't want to make your country's shortcomings all about the US, but you gotta understand that for years all we've ever heard about yours is how great it is over there and how wonderful and caring your leaders were compared to ours.

Eh. Tbh, I’m all for emulating Sweden. We just have to delve deeper into their roots and what led them to become the paradise they are today. This is why I think American summer vacations should be replaced with an annual raiding season, during which any and all legal US citizens can hop on our boats and sail the world in search of lands to rape, pillage, and plunder to our freedom-loving hearts’ content.

• Haha 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eh. Tbh, I’m all for emulating Sweden. We just have to delve deeper into their roots and what led them to become the paradise they are today. This is why I think American summer vacations should be replaced with an annual raiding season, during which any and all legal US citizens can hop on our boats and sail the world in search of lands to rape, pillage, and plunder to our freedom-loving hearts’ content.

Isn't that basically the plot of the Purge XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Isn't that basically the plot of the Purge XD

No. Purge is about killing Americans. That’s disgusting. 

I just want to raid France like the good ol days. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

14 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

High standard of living across the board is something I'd consider a success.

I see that as a success the same way I see the older generations of America with their postwar wealth, nice but affordable houses and cars, and cushy lifelong retirement deals as a success. That is, the generations of today living in prosperity that their descendants get to foot the bill for. And I don’t just mean money.

10 hours ago, Centurion said:

Get ready for the boogaloo boys. That’s all I gotta say

Yea, niggas are panicking n shit now. So fucking stupid. Glad I’m armed. They shut down schools for three weeks. People rushing grocery stores here now for nothing.

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently your man just declared it a national emergency XD

Emergency or not, that was a smart move. If I were him, I’d be taking full advantage of this, and declaring national emergency gives the president much more leeway with certain things.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Emergency or not, that was a smart move. If I were him, I’d be taking full advantage of this, and declaring national emergency gives the president much more leeway with certain things.

He could actually come out of this very well in fact once things blow over. In fact I predict this will backfire for the democrats exponentially once the economy recovers. It’s already predicted to do so by a large margin sometime around the election.