Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Dude is a Nord who won’t say he’s a Nord. I’m surprised Rebec isn’t allergic to him.

Fake Nord took a backseat to poxy elves in the outrage queue.

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That, is a GREAT idea! Hey Celan, lets do that! :D 

Eilif and Arle need to be introduced to the idea of emancipation, not encouraged. Baldur's a little too enthusiastic about their human sacrifice already. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Celan said:

Fake Nord took a backseat to poxy elves in the outrage queue.

Eilif and Arle need to be introduced to the idea of emancipation, not encouraged. Baldur's a little too enthusiastic about their human sacrifice already. 

I just meant because whoever it is, she's probably hot XD 

Which, goes against Rebec's first qualification of course. Sads.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

As for the sacrifice well, they did attack first so :whistling: Fair game n such.

Then again I just remembered that Baldur heard "human sacrifice" and thought it grand until he heard how weaksauce the actual sacrificing was. My man has issues.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Then again I just remembered that Baldur heard "human sacrifice" and thought it grand until he heard how weaksauce the actual sacrificing was. My man has issues.

Nah, Ysgramor would be proud.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for the sacrifice well, they did attack first so :whistling: Fair game n such.

Get Ubbe in on the sacrificing at it’ll be grand I guarantee lmao

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

7 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Really nice post Doc!

Reveal hidden contents

Was a far cry from the Endar we get to see. It was so strange seeing him manhandled while the book mirrors the mer we know.

Thanks! I should note that while the book was published in 188, the Endar POV parts happened much longer ago than that. Many decades before the Great War, back when it was very difficult for anyone outside the Dominion to know much about them.

Should explain a little better why a wizard who doesn’t care one lick about the Empire, Skyrim, humanity etc would so staunchly take their side against the Thalmor when given the opportunity. That last paragraph he wrote about the Dominion applies equally to himself. XD He sees them as a rival.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Very interesting post Doc

I was hoping we'd learn more about Endar's beef with the Thalmor. I like that it stems from something he identified in them, a desire to cover up his own inadequacy. This certainly puts into more perspective why he really hates them though, with the type of torture he underwent. The regrowing limbs thing is fucking brutal and exactly what I would expect from the Thalmor. This has me excited to see how his grudge plays out in the war and if it leads him to take more personal action than simply research.

Also, I really liked the format of the post. 

• Thanks 1

Me Doc and Balrog once had a discussion where Balrog and I were surprised at his reaction when we said Endar felt like more of a side character than a "main character", and I'd felt like that for a while, not that it meant I disliked the character or anything of the sort. I just hadn't realized that's what Doc was going for at the time.

This post tho definitely did a lot to make him seem like a main character in my eyes. It makes him feel human, very human. So to speak lol. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:38 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

This post tho definitely did a lot to make him seem like a main character in my eyes. It makes him feel human, very human. So to speak lol. 

Nothing screams "human" like getting arrested for summoning a Daedric Lord and spending a few months in something called "hyperagonal stasis" between bouts of having your body parts removed and regrown. XD I know what you mean though.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:09 PM, BTC said:

Also, I really liked the format of the post

Thanks. I wasn’t sure about that, myself. But it seemed like a way to lighten things up a bit. No reason why a torture post can’t be fun and humorous. :P 

If y'all find any errors or weird repeating or contradictory parts in the post I just put up, please let me know and I'll fix them. Colonel wanted to read it, but it's kinda long, so I went ahead and put it up without the usual proofread. I just quickly glanced over it and then posted when everything looked okay.

Good shit doc, I am interested to know if the Dark Lady is because I'd actually written up a character in my next Redguard post named the Dark Lady as it so happens XD I don't think they're the same but I don't want to reveal who it is yet.

Anyway it read very very well, very detailed without being cumbersome, full of mystery and the Tynes are definitely shaping up as one of my favorite pair to read on. They already were actually because of entertainment value but now I'm a lot more invested in their charming story.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I’m glad my non Iron-Brow characters are starting to come through for you! :lol: Much as I love Boldir and Mila in the main RP, I can easily say that I’ve put more thought into the Tynes' background overall. Expect a lot more of these. Though hopefully future ones will be a little shorter.

The Dark Lady is a Daedric Prince. I generally don’t like using their normal names for the Tyne posts since their view of the planes is so different from the mainstream. They don’t see her simply as a daedra, but as one of their old gods. Same reason I usually have them call Hircine by his aspects, "Gulibeg," etc. I think it makes their culture feel more unique. XD 

I did leave hints in the post as to which Prince it is (the components used in the summoning, the verse incantation Faida uses, and a few of the descriptions), and "Dark Lady" actually is a title used by Bethesda, albeit obscurely in one of the books.

If you really want to know...

You sure? Last chance to go back and see if you can guess. 

It’s Vaermina. :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

You know, I know a way to make it work after all so I'll use it anyway. We can discuss it too after I finish my post and I show you.

Sure thing. Just PM me whenever you want. I’ve got a three day weekend too. XD And even if it can’t be made to work, it shouldn’t be too big a deal. This was set almost 20 years ago, and it’s not like the title "Dark Lady" is so original that it couldn’t be used by multiple people or entities. 

• Thanks 1

On your Origins post Doc

It might be blasphemous to say but I hope Boldir learns magic if only because every time you write magic you do such a good job capturing its weirdness and the unique way the individual casters interact with it. The stuff about the gravesingers and shadow weavers was cool, but the way Faida does and understands her magic is so interesting.

Also, you capture the Reachmen perfectly. They feel real and cruel and interesting without being evil. Like, I’m even interested in the Hagraven’s story, and how she came to be. And that dream really evoked what it would be like to interact with the gods the way the Reachmen do. Great job! I look forward to reading how they escape/leave 

• Thanks 1

The Roscrean What-If: Or How I Would Have Done Differently

I have stated several times how Roscrea would have been different had I the experience, knowledge and ideas I have now back when I first joined. This entire post is me being bored and unable to sleep so I've decided to write down some of the major differences that if the slate was wiped would have happened.

The biggest differences would be the population, geography and loyalties/cultures.

1061811591_RoscreaMap.jpg.8d8e4f8e3b8045

BT's wonderful map as always <3

Roscrea would have been a much harsher place, with only three regions fertile enough for any degree of urbanization. The majority would have been infertile rocky tundra, volcanic plateau, vast mountainous pine forests. Supporting nothing more then semi-nomadic societies, think early germanic peoples.

The Old Dowry, Ecoriobriga and the middle of eastern Roscrea southward would have been the only places with any degree of fertile land for agriculture and urbanization. North and east of Old Dowry (minus Ecoriobriga which I'll get into a moment) would have been unable to support anything larger then the smallest of villages all the way to the River Ros. Anything north of the river Ros in eastern Roscrea would have been tundra where semi-nomadic Roscreans roamed. In a similar sense of how Skyrim's high mountains helped keep Riften Hold from freezing, it's a similar situation here. High mountains and the Isle of Long Stones protect the Old Dowry from the northern winds, it's still a very cold place just without much in the way of winter blizzards. In eastern Roscrea, the Myrumbrian Tundra and the northeastern mountain range protects the grasslands and plains of the King's Royal Basin. It's similar to how the geography is now except that from the tundric plains and forests north of the river that's not protected by the mountain range is prone to terrible snowstorms and winter monsoons. Ecoriobriga with it's unique sociocultural standing (which again will be delved into later) exists as one of the most fertile lands in Roscrea nestled within the middland volcanic plateau as it is now. Although it'd be much more isolated being in a basin of it's own within the plateau, the city of Ecoriobriga would be the same seated atop the extinct tuya type of volcano.

Now for another massive change I'm extremely unhappy to never have the balls to go with back then. The native Roscreans themselves would have been Atmoriants. Instead of being portioned to two mountainous regions of Roscrea we have, they'd be the natives. They'd be the same as they are now, kin to the giants and man, with characteristics of both. The history with Uriel would have gone very differently. The Imperials would have found dozens of chiefdoms in the Old Dowry, a great kingdom in Ecoriobriga and several petty kingdoms in eastern Roscrea. The difficulty in subduing the natives would have came from the distance from Tamriel, great strength the natives held and the few politically powerful entities on the island. Ecoriobriga would have been dragon worshipers without dragons to worship, the rest of Roscrea worshiped the ancient Atmoran pantheon with some cultural differences that are closer to what the Nords worshiped after splitting politically from Atmora. The Druids would have been there too as the Cult of Jhunal, the only native arcane institution of the island. They'd be more reclusive and would hardly interact within Roscrean courts. Being wandering judges, wizard-warriors and soothsayers. The Isle of Long Stones being their isle just as it is in current Roscrea. Only natives would be allowed to cross the bridge into their isle, to be inducted into their ritualistic pursuits.

However the situation with Tamriel would also be more realistic and different. There would be a moderate human presence within the island in both east and west. In the Old Dowry, human trade colonies with loyalties to Solitude would be clustered near the coast. The largest settlement in the region would still be Boiliobris. A converted native town to a large trade colony from the annexation of Roscrea. Nearly the entire population would be Nordic. Tariffs, goods and western taxes are collected within the city. It's the de-facto capital of the Old Dowry, it'd have humble beginnings from the time of annexation to being a wondrous stone city (small one) of western Skyrim design. It would be the wealthiest settlement in Roscrea but hard times would have fallen to the city. Unrest with the native Roscreans, isolation with the mainland due to the Stormcloak rebellion and mysterious ailments befalling any ships that try to leave (Cult of Jhunal's doing).

Eastern Roscrea would be extremely different to how it is now. Unlike in the Old Dowry with a small population of humans ruling over native Roscreans with the authority of Solitude, the truest strides of legionary pragmatism would exist in the east. The legionary settler colonies were established post-war with the intent of governing, subduing and beginning Imperialization. Which was a very daunting task when your conquered people held kinship to both men and giants. Colonia Roscaera et Nebbezzar (Colony of Roscrea and Nebbezzar). Nebbezzar was the ancient capital of the strongest eastern petty kingdom (nothing similar to how Nebbezzar is depicted, this would have been true to Atmoran stone masonry). The colonial administration took the most strategic and powerful of the old cities and built upon it. A very successful method of cultural diffusion and integration was employed by the Imperial administration, which would evolve over time into a Rosco-Colovian Kingdom, a kingdom not entirely Imperialized but neither native with an intermixed population of Nordic, Colovian and Roscrean, with pure lineage from all three races as well. The kingdom would have been without an Emperor to hail after the Septim dynasty, Solitude had long annexed the isle and the eastern Rosco-Colovian kingdom would not have recognized the Mede dynasty. Berahthram would have been the Rosco-Colovian king and would be the one to reopen Roscrea to the Tamrielic sphere. With the dynasty his forefather's fought for a distant memory he'd be stuck between choosing declaring an independent kingdom, allying with Solitude or submitting to the current Imperial dynasty that had all but forgotten about them.

Ecoriobriga would be the last native kingdom of Roscrea. It's city atop the tuya volcano being unconquerable in Uriel's day. The fortress-city could be besieged, blockaded and bombarded by all manners of siege craft but never taken. It mirrored the Old Fortress in Tamriel in it's seeming impervious standing. During the three-four year period of conquest the settlement lay besieged, only a few great attempts were made to seize the city. In the end this native kingdom with only it's fortress city would make peace with Uriel and accept the status of a client kingdom. In the fourth era I'd have made it a major plot for Roscrea that the Kingdom of Ecoriobriga would have built up a strong citizen army and allied with the semi-nomadic natives outside the fertile lands and led a rebellion against Solitude's trade colonies. Now isolated and of lessening importance as the trading posts would have been the Nord inhabitants would have called upon Solitude and High King for aid. It would have been a case of ignore this now and have our people slaughtered or enslaved and risk being raided during the Second Great War or nip this in the bud now and defend the trading colonies and defeat Ecoriobriga?

Berahthram's part in that would have been neutral in the beginning and could have gone any way. His kingdom had many alliances with the semi-nomadic tribes in the northeast and a legion military heritage, along with the manpower to back it up. He could have been a much needed ally in the Second Great War, bringing a (archaic) legion quality army of near-giants to the table. 

Roscrea would have been MUCH more lacking in iron. There would still be iron mines but it'd be more like historically realistic amounts. Quilted armor such as gambeson and simple linothoraxes would be the mainstay while iron, bronze and steel would be more expensive and fielded only for elites and their followers. The Rosco-Colovian Kingdom would have a better time managing this with state funded equipment but nowhere near the level of uniformity of the Stormcloak maille. Horses are not native to Roscrea but are somewhat bred for human nobility, Roscreans are too large for such horses.

Theudofrid would still be around as an Archdruid to the Cult of Jhunal and might still have found his way to Skyrim to commission the resurgence of ancient Nordic belief just as it happened in the current story, he'd be a pure Roscrean and be a lot older but still relative to how. Theu would be much more reclusive and weary but also still a wizard-warrior, unlike the current Theu who abandoned that pursuit.

All in all I often think about what could have been more then what has already been. 

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 7:37 PM, The Good Doctor said:

On 5/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

On 5/12/2019 at 2:19 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

I think you three will find it interesting at least. Tried tagging you guys but the system still doesn't allow for that.