Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nice post. A bit long though and I wouldn't have minded if it was broken up into smaller chunks. Mainly so there's easier stopping points for taking breaks between reading. 

It was nice to see the reunion, but I do find Mila's feelings and possible plans the most interesting. Especially if she plans to run away, which I kinda support since I think Mila taking on the world herself would probably be a good read. 

Baldur however seems to be going down the rabbit hole in a bad way. He lacks tact and easily let his emotions make him brazen and arrogant. Which seems to rack him up enemies. I'm sure it will come back to bite him in the ass at some point. And despite Rebec being stubborn and somewhat narrow-minded at times I think she'll be the voice of reason that can save his ass from getting chewed up complete. 

:rolleyes:

lacks tact?

is Baldur emotional, yes, and is he cocky? Sure. Everyone’s got a weakness and no ones perfect.

But lacking tact I don’t think is true. He just murdered an Oculatus agent and left no possible way for the Empire to find out about it. 

Thats smooth criminal status in my book. 

Not to mention he managed to get an alliance that just got him even more soldiers for the war and the most fitting people possible to undertake a mining job in the ass end of nowhere with wild animals.

Boldir and Mila, and what they did we’re going to make him emotional, that’s who he is. But I think that lacking tact and all that is what you want to see personally.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Baldur has a some tendency to come with threats and insults in his dealings. Not to mention he comes across as arrogant in how says he will have his way. Fact is I find it rather surprising how so many people put up with him or even agree with him. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I especially find that ironic to read when Witchie slaughtered council members in the council chambers in front of others. That would be lacking tact.

That's just saying "no you". 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

That's just saying "no you". 

No that’s pointing out irony dude, nothing he’s done thus far was nearly as brazen as that.

He’s the king talking to a milkdrinker in his land, one that’s been trying to tell him to kill his brother. And another fool who’s sons tried to murder said king.

How the hell was he supposed to talk to them? He’s a Nord King, lol he’ll leave the pleasantries of enemies to the southerners.

I don’t think Baldur lacks tact when it comes to his political actions. At worst, yeah, he can get emotional, but I’d say that’s more of a general Nord thing than a Baldur thing. He’s shown pretty great composure in a wide variety of situations. But this wasn’t exactly a normal day for him. 

I felt like killing Trevis was about as clean as it could’ve possibly been. Unless one of the very few witnesses talks, he sailed after a dangerous criminal and died at sea alongside a bunch of his men. Even if they fail to hide Boldir and his survival does become public, it’s still gonna be damn near impossible to connect that to Baldur killing Trevis.

24 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

But Valga definitely seems to be the devil on her shoulder, and nothing good can come from her sowing doubt about Baldur in Mila's mind. Even if Mila was trending that direction on her own before Valga even showed up.

Most of Mila’s doubt is definitely her own. Valga doesn’t really have a problem with Baldur now that they’ve failed to evade him in the first place. Granted, she obviously wouldn’t have a problem with turning on him either if there was a good reason to, whereas Mila would struggle with something like that.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

I’d say most of Mila’s doubt is definitely her own. Valga doesn’t really have a problem with Baldur now that they’ve failed to evade him in the first place. Granted, she obviously wouldn’t have a problem with turning on him either.

Yeah it’s more accurate to say she’s the devil on her shoulder with regards to just influencing her in general, since she did say they can use Baldur and his resources. I just think that since Mila has her doubts already, Valga’s obviously bad influence might sway Mila to drastic action. Or even just allow her to undertake it by teaching her magic. 

Also, to the other discussion, I almost made a comment about Baldur being arrogant, since that seems more his weakness than tactlessness. Killing Trevis was clean, but believing he can’t keep everyone safe and fend off death? He’s sure of himself at the very least

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No that’s pointing out irony dude, nothing he’s done thus far was nearly as brazen as that.

Hide contents

He’s the king talking to a milkdrinker in his land, one that’s been trying to tell him to kill his brother. And another fool who’s sons tried to murder said king.

How the hell was he supposed to talk to them? He’s a Nord King, lol he’ll leave the pleasantries of enemies to the southerners.

He did kill Ulfric. Even if it remains hidden I think that is the most brazen decision in the rp. 

Trevis was trying to strike a deal. Not to mention Baldur could probably have rather easily have struck a deal of monetary recompense. Just pay off Boldir's and Mila's fines. 

As for Scathe, I don't think Baldur was tactful, but I also don't think any tact would have helped. The only reason I think Scathe was listening to Baldur was because he plans to stab him in the back. 

8 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Hide contents

Trevis was trying to strike a deal. Not to mention Baldur could probably have rather easily have struck a deal of monetary recompense. Just pay off Boldir's and Mila's fines. 

Fines for any crime are just a gameplay feature. I can’t imagined you can just drop a thousand gold per head you cut off and be let off the hook for murder. Especially when the murders in question are a powerful friend of the Empire who was under the protection of an Elder Councillor or a handful of Penitus Oculatus agents. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Scathe said it plainly that they’d come to blows  but he would do so to his front, not his back. 

Hes going with it for now because his clan would be pissed if he made that decision for them and it’s s sweet deal.

Why strike a deal when I can just kill him and not pay a damn thing to the Empire at all? The way Baldur did it, no one would know, unlike the council thing.

As for killing Ulfric, that would suggest Baldur did so without a single care in the world which ain’t at all true. Not by any definition of brazen out there. That was the hardest thing he’s ever made himself do. Dude was puking half the way there on his way to do it lol.

Baldur doesn’t do anything without having calculated it. Even killing Trevis was already on his agenda. If you noticed he was almost picking a fight with him.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fines for any crime are just a gameplay feature. I can’t imagined you can just drop a thousand gold per head you cut off and be let off the hook for murder. Especially when the murders in question are a powerful friend of the Empire who was under the protection of an Elder Councillor or a handful of Penitus Oculatus agents. 

While I agree it wouldn't be as easy in the games, monetary recompense has historically worked for a lot of slights. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Scathe said it plainly that they’d come to blows  but he would do so to his front, not his back. 

Hes going with it for now because his clan would be pissed if he made that decision for them and it’s s sweet deal.

Why strike a deal when I can just kill him and not pay a damn thing to the Empire at all? The way Baldur did it, no one would know, unlike the council thing.

As for killing Ulfric, that would suggest Baldur did so without a single care in the world which ain’t at all true. Not by any definition of brazen out there. That was the hardest thing he’s ever made himself do. Dude was puking half the way there on his way to do it lol.

Baldur doesn’t do anything without having calculated it. Even killing Trevis was already on his agenda. If you noticed he was almost picking a fight with him.

I have a hard time believing Scathe would do it like that. If he really wants Baldur dead he can't do it from the side fire comes out. Not to mention his sons or grandsons will probably still carry a grudge years later. I really don't think there's anything Baldur can do to make them allies, at least not in the long run. 

I guess there's a disconnect with the translation as I translated brazen I got the word more closer to rude in Swedish. Which I certainly think Baldur was by killing Ulfric. 

7 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Hide contents

While I agree it wouldn't be as easy in the games, monetary recompense has historically worked for a lot of slights. 

I have a hard time believing Scathe would do it like that. If he really wants Baldur dead he can't do it from the side fire comes out. Not to mention his sons or grandsons will probably still carry a grudge years later. I really don't think there's anything Baldur can do to make them allies, at least not in the long run. 

I guess there's a disconnect with the translation as I translated brazen I got the word more closer to rude in Swedish. Which I certainly think Baldur was by killing Ulfric. 

War changes things, as does gold.  It’ll really depend on where they stand after the war. Will his particular family and Baldur be best friends, no, but Baldur just needs them for the war and his clan ain’t gonna say no to protected land that is theirs, or the promise of untaxed loot in elven lands.

Where they end up in the future is up in the wind.

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Sure, but why risk it? His options (assuming that Boldir dying is off the table) were basically to kill Trevis and cover the whole thing up, or let him go and tell the Empire to fuck off. 

The former is almost risk free since Trevis has been dead to the world since the shipwreck anyway. The latter could lead to screwing up his good relationship with Dales (who he knows cares deeply about her men -who Boldir killed a shitload of) among plenty of other things.

Sure, it would be worse if Baldur got found out for what he did, but the chances of that happening are very slim.

I don’t see anything wrong with the Scathe stuff. His clan are the instigators in pretty much every encounter. Sparing two of the people who tried to kill a baby was ridiculously generous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don’t see anything wrong with the Scathe stuff. His clan are the instigators in pretty much every encounter. Sparing two of the people who tried to kill a baby was ridiculously generous. 

That’s what I thought. It was very uncharacteristic of him really but he knew all hope of gaining the clans help would be lost if he went the typical Baldur route

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Airport has wifi XD Press F to pay respect :(

Reveal hidden contents

I guess Dunmaors advice to Dales was spot on, "Never think of truly trusting a man who murdered his brother in cold blood."

It’s not like she knows that for a fact though, and if she thinks she does, she really is crazy XD 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s not like she knows that for a fact though, and if she thinks she does, she really is crazy XD 

Dales can only speculate. She thinks Baldur had something to do with Ulfric's death but nothing concrete. She dosent even care about Ulfric dying more of the implication. 

And trusting an Elf is a bad plan too XD

48 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rofl now that I think about it didn’t Endar do this in his intro post? XD :rofl: