Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

7 minutes ago, BTC said:

If I’m being honest I didn’t know about that when I was creating the Hammer. Nonetheless, very interesting...

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it. XD 

• Haha 3

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it. XD 

Speaking of, Coldharbour in ESO, Daedra tormenting you with memories of the past, taking on the form of people in your life to fight you.

Same with Corio and Naarifin

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Holy shit, BT... :o 

That fucking ending! I did NOT expect to see Joslin to die in this post. And that transition to Oblivion... that was horrifying. Such a bait and switch with her seeing her husband and then suddenly losing everything. And you timed it perfectly with the team embarking on their plague quest. Establishes the stakes, and what the royals will have to look forward to if they fail or take too long.

I'm gonna miss old Lady Gaerhart. That was a big hit, right there.

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Holy shit, BT... :o 

Hide contents

That fucking ending! I did NOT expect to see Joslin to die in this post. And that transition to Oblivion... that was horrifying. Such a bait and switch with her seeing her husband and then suddenly losing everything. And you timed it perfectly with the team embarking on their plague quest. Establishes the stakes, and what the royals will have to look forward to if they fail or take too long.

I'm gonna miss old Lady Gaerhart. That was a big hit, right there.

I wanted to make sure the plague was shown to meaningfully progress. It’s one thing to show Theo getting sicker, but I didn’t think that would establish the stakes the same way as a death. And Joslin being old and weakened from travel meant she was the prime candidate. Plus, I wanted to show more of the curse, and her dying and getting some hints about what’s happening was a good way to do that. 

But yeah, I’ll miss her too. She was fun to write. I think that was a fitting end for her though, between the conversations earlier conversations with Roland and about the Tynes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wanted to make sure the plague was shown to meaningfully progress. It’s one thing to show Theo getting sicker, but I didn’t think that would establish the stakes the same way as a death. And Joslin being old and weakened from travel meant she was the prime candidate. Plus, I wanted to show more of the curse, and her dying and getting some hints about what’s happening was a good way to do that. 

But yeah, I’ll miss her too. She was fun to write. I think that was a fitting end for her though, between the conversations earlier conversations with Roland and about the Tynes.

Yeah. XD She was an awesome character. Badass in a very Breton sort of way. But I can’t exactly say that she deserved better. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Yeah. XD She was an awesome character. Badass in a very Breton sort of way. But I can’t exactly say that she deserved better. 

If anyone did, it was Dilborn. And Roland and his family. But yeah, Theo and Joslin aren’t exactly due a nice happy existence in Aetherius or wherever. Even if they didn’t do anything specific to deserve this particular fate

• Like 1

:(

I liked lady Gaerhart. Ah well, no way was she gonna live long with her age under the effects of the disease.

And I don't know why Peryite didn't come to mind immediately when wondering about 'the dragon' and what it really was after the disease started coming up. 

And ROFL I love the fucking Tynes XD Asgen is a hoot every time, representing Nords excellently.

Sad post but a fun read. And, Morane :love: Love her scowl, lol. Badass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Man

Hide contents

That was a fucked up ending for her. I don't think she deserved all that. Going into Oblivion like that too. 

Getting consumed by serpentine creatures and falling into Oblivion is a pattern now lol, and a horrific one.

Yeah, the cursed royals haven’t really done much to deserve what’s happened to them. But I imagine Peryite as the Taskmaster probably just gives people really shitty jobs. Certainly better than an eternity of torture and rape or something  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

Yeah, the cursed royals haven’t really done much to deserve what’s happened to them. But I imagine Peryite as the Taskmaster probably just gives people really shitty jobs. Certainly better than an eternity of torture and rape or something  

I guess XD that’s torture of a different sort. Fucked to madness might actually be a blessing if you think about it. If your mind is broken, can’t process the trauma as clearly.

Course, if I had to choose I’d still much prefer Peryite. Coldharbour in eso wasn’t quite as bad as Doc and I depicted it but it’s close.

• Like 1

Personally, I think Gaerhart deserved what she got, even if she didn’t do anything to earn this specific hell.

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Coldharbour in eso wasn’t quite as bad as Doc and I depicted it but it’s close.

I dunno. I thought that the stuff with Titanborn turned out to be almost exactly what we depicted. A twisted world of torment where everyone either loses themselves or endlessly suffers horrific versions of their worst memories. It even showed that they can find some form of peace or something like it similar to how Corio did by exert enough will to act out the memory differently than it actually happened.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

Some powerful imagery there, Colly. Well done. I like the little details, like the whales and the fish coming up to inspect the thrown pebbles.

Hide contents

RIP Lady Gaerhart... not so sure about the P

Thank you Celan!

Yeah, I don’t imagine she’ll be getting much rest or be in peace :dead:

Edited by BTC

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Personally, I think Gaerhart deserved what she got, even if she didn’t do anything to earn this specific hell.

I dunno. I thought that the stuff with Titanborn turned out to be almost exactly what we depicted. A twisted world of torment where everyone either loses themselves or endlessly suffers horrific versions of their worst memories. It even showed that they can find some form of peace or something like it similar to how Corio did by exert enough will to act out the memory differently than it actually happened.

I was more referring to the stuff about fleshy walls and being a part of Bal’s realm in an almost literal sense.

35 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I was more referring to the stuff about fleshy walls and being a part of Bal’s realm in an almost literal sense.

I think that it still works. Oblivion probably isn’t the same experience for everyone. The book depictions felt much more in-line with what we wrote, with it being part of them in a literal sense. Clavicus Vile likened losing Umbra to losing a limb and had to shrink down his entire realm to compensate so he wouldn’t be spread too thin. 

But such a fluid world is hard to depict in video games. Apocrypha is probably the closest we’ll ever see. There was a real belly of the beast vibe to that place, whereas the in-game depictions of the Deadlands, Coldharbour, and Shivering Isles usually felt more like they were just countries that their Princes lorded over. Though at least in Sheo’s case, he was losing his power.