Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

For all the talk, Baldur has only really backstabbed two people, right? And one of them was a no good Imperial so it hardly even counts.

You know who probably really felt betrayed? Poor Amaund Motierre. Killed by his own daughter while his consort stood there and let it happen.

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

For all the talk, Baldur has only really backstabbed two people, right? And one of them was a no good Imperial so it hardly even counts.

You know who probably really felt betrayed? Poor Amaund Motierre. Killed by his own daughter while his consort stood there and let it happen.

Dales was more like an abused dog ripping out it's abusers throat XD

• 2 weeks later...

Good post BT XD I always like reading about the Moot's after effects, that post was the biggest in the entire RP, like how it'll be treated like a special event forever :PraisetheSun:

I hope Roland keeps his integrity 

:) There's too little genuinely good fellows like him in the world, hardening him to be something like his father would be unfortunate.  As much as I dislike him, Theo has a point though, there family is in deep shit right now XD There's enemies everywhere. Literally all on all sides. Kindness is a liability in this kind of situation.

And i'm very mixed...on not telling the dude the truth about his son. I guess you can argue they aren't lying, just neglecting to tell him certain details.

For some reason I was thinking of this when I was reading it XD Even though it's Roland not Robin XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Lmao Monty Python and the Holy and Grail is literally all I think about the whole time I’m reading/doing anything involving the Bretons

The Knights of the Thorn have that same effect on me. Buncha goofballs. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Good post BT XD I always like reading about the Moot's after effects, that post was the biggest in the entire RP, like how it'll be treated like a special event forever :PraisetheSun:

Hide contents

I hope Roland keeps his integrity 

:) There's too little genuinely good fellows like him in the world, hardening him to be something like his father would be unfortunate.  As much as I dislike him, Theo has a point though, there family is in deep shit right now XD There's enemies everywhere. Literally all on all sides. Kindness is a liability in this kind of situation.

And i'm very mixed...on not telling the dude the truth about his son. I guess you can argue they aren't lying, just neglecting to tell him certain details.

Thanks BBB!

Roland has gone through a few different iterations since I first conceived of him. Originally, when I thought he was going to be married to Dales, he was going to be a reluctant politician, more interested in women and glory. Then I envisioned him someone learning to be Theo 2.0. But now I think I've found the most interesting version and the one I plan on sticking with, because the one thing Theo can't control is his own family, and having a son who disagrees with his tactics is an altogether different problem than Theo is so skilled at handling. And I think it was established with his disagreements with Elayne that there was a potential issue for Theo in his own house

Though I wouldn't say there are enemies on all sides. The Nords are friendly enough and preoccupied, and they're on good terms with the Redguards. Their only real enemies aren't direct neighbors. Though of course, the most dangerous enemy is not a nation or person, so they are in deep in that regard

As for Maric, that was something that came about from the Daric situation, and I'm so glad it did since it's a great jumping off point for Roland and Theo to disagree on

• Like 1

I'm glad to see the Tynes again because they're really fun to read about lol, and this post and all the moot stuff has inspired me to add another layer onto the whole Daric situation which should be fun to write. 

I'm growing fond of the Bretons lol and so long as they don't double cross Skyrim directly I could see them becoming good allies since Baldur likes Theo's family.

Though you can never trust a Breton fully... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Thanks guys!

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

I'm glad to see the Tynes again because they're really fun to read about lol, and this post and all the moot stuff has inspired me to add another layer onto the whole Daric situation which should be fun to write. 

I'm growing fond of the Bretons lol and so long as they don't double cross Skyrim directly I could see them becoming good allies since Baldur likes Theo's family.

Though you can never trust a Breton fully... 

Never trust a Breton?! As if Baldur has any room to talk :P. I think they could be good allies too, especially since it seems as though the last few centuries have seen an end to the border disputes that drove the Bretons, Nords, and Redguards into conflict

I will agree that I really like the Tynes as well, which is why I was excited that Doc agreed to have them join the upcoming storyline with the plague cure quest. I look forward to getting to have one of my main characters interact with them on a more regular basis. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, BTC said:

Thanks guys!

Hide contents

Never trust a Breton?! As if Baldur has any room to talk :P. I think they could be good allies too, especially since it seems as though the last few centuries have seen an end to the border disputes that drove the Bretons, Nords, and Redguards into conflict

I will agree that I really like the Tynes as well, which is why I was excited that Doc agreed to have them join the upcoming storyline with the plague cure quest. I look forward to getting to have one of my main characters interact with them on a more regular basis. 

Baldur's different. He's a Bard XD You can't trust them either, Nord or not. Especially around your daughters. Ask Vigge.

BT didn’t share the non-Tyne stuff with me so I’m only just reading the second half for the first time myself. XD Good stuff!

Roland’s a nice guy. But we knew that already. What I wanna know is why the hell nobody is talking about the magical talking murder hammer that Dame LaViolette just casually happens to have?! That thing is terrifying! Aside from that thing, I do not envy what she has to do. Methinks poor Maric is gonna be pissed.

I got a huge kick out of the long conversation the royals had about killing two of my characters. XD The Tynes have no idea how close they just got. Probably never will, either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

BT didn’t share the non-Tyne stuff with me so I’m only just reading the second half for the first time myself. XD Good stuff!

Hide contents

Roland’s a nice guy. But we knew that already. What I wanna know is why the hell nobody is talking about the magical talking murder hammer that Dame LaViolette just casually happens to have?! That thing is terrifying! Aside from that thing, I do not envy what she has to do. Methinks poor Maric is gonna be pissed.

I got a huge kick out of the long conversation the royals had about killing two of my characters. XD The Tynes have no idea how close they just got. Probably never will, either. 

I was beginning to worry I had left the part with the hammer out since no one had mentioned it :P. Though I think you're right that Maric getting the news is likely to be just as scary

I had a lot of fun writing that part, and I'm glad you got a kick out of it too! I thought it was a fun reminder that, even though the Tyne's are sitting pretty right now, they're very much subject to the royals' whims. Plus, I like writing Lady Gaerhart being mean XD 

• Like 1

Aight, so, I have to be very honest here and admit, I have no idea what's going on with the hammer XD I was thinking about daedric artifacts that might be the culprits but couldn't think of one that feeds off of despair or maybe souls besides the now defunct Umbra himself/itself. Which is why I hadn't said anything before lol, was hoping someone else had a good theory and would say something.

I'm stumped, but I look forward to more clues.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Aight, so, I have to be very honest here and admit, I have no idea what's going on with the hammer XD I was thinking about daedric artifacts that might be the culprits but couldn't think of one that feeds off of despair or maybe souls besides the now defunct Umbra himself/itself. Which is why I hadn't said anything before lol, was hoping someone else had a good theory and would say something.

I'm stumped, but I look forward to more clues.

I want to say something, but I think anything I say will give it away. But yes, there will be plenty more clues, as I wanted this to be a mystery since LaViolette herself doesn't know what it is

• Like 1