Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lol I know. I brought this up as a fun hypothetical. I’m curious how Baldur would make this happen in a world where he wants it to. That favor from Naaf could come in handy maybe. 

I’m afraid to say much on this tbh because... well...

Who’s to say this ain’t planned already? :chaos:

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

37 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Remeber Dales made Naaf promise whatever favour he does for Baldur, can't harm her Empire in anyway XD  

Then again, I don't think you can exactly trust the word of a sociopathic giant death lizard.

It’s safe to assume Naaf is off the table, I made him promise that specifically to keep a dragon off the table between us. 

Could just imagine the discussion that’d start if I did try and use a dragon against Dales.

Baldur gripped his axe once again to stop the shaking. As the pair walked back into the town, Baldur asked, "Boldir, do you still have your flute?"

"I left it at Neugrad." That flute was one of very few items that held sentimental value to Boldir, and even though he knew it wasn't his fault, he'd kicked himself inwardly for losing it more than a few times. By now some bandit's probably claimed it for himself. The thought sickened him. Boldir hated bandits.

Dunno why but this made me laugh XD if only he knew...

• Like 1

I think Gracchus is a bad liar, though he rarely has reason to lie. But I always imagined that if Yornar had ever asked him if he knew about the soul binding Gracchus wouldn't have been able lie successfully. Though I would have to go back and check how the conversation with Yornar about Albecias' accusations unfolded to see if that's actually backed up in the post

1 minute ago, BTC said:

Though I would have to go back and check how the conversation with Yornar about Albecias' accusations unfolded to see if that's actually backed up in the post

The way Gracchus Tony Soprano'd that whole situation is what convinced me that he has it in him to lie with the best of them if he needs to. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The way Gracchus Tony Soprano'd that whole situation is what convinced me that he has it in him to lie with the best of them if he needs to. XD 

"Albecias wondered how a man with so obvious little skill at lying could craft a plot as large as this."

Well, I guess that answers my question lol. Rereading it he lied to Albecias, who saw through it, though his delusions kept him from seeing what the actual truth was, and instead he only saw what he wanted to see. Which had less to do with Gracchus' skill at lying then with Ablecias' delusions. 

• Like 1

It would be hilarious if this causes Gracchus to think he’s actually really good at lying, and so he awkwardly does it more often with everybody seeing right through it but not saying anything because of how powerful he is.

edit: it would also be way out of character. XD 

Edited by The Good Doctor

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 1 month later...

Doc and Colonel's post

Can't say I expected parallels between Mila's situation and Naafy's, but damn if they aren't right on the money. I mean, I always expected Mila would come to command armies of dragons, I just didn't know that it would derive from friendship and not bloodthirsty displays of strength :P

In all seriousness, it was really interesting to see them pick apart how and why their current lives are so similar, and how it convinced Mila she needs to make amends with her family. That's really touching. Though part of me wants them to not totally reconcile, or for problems to pop back up in the future, because if there's anything I like more than a 'found family' it's one having to fight to stay together.

It was also nice to see Naafy connect to a character on a totally different level than we've seen before. While it's been fun having him around, it wasn't until this post that I was really convinced that he should be around. As much fun as it is to read his conversations with Baldur and folks in Cyrodiil, and there are hints about potential conflicts his presence will cause, I think he needed this more personal moment to really sell me on him. I feel like now he's less of a driver of conflicts and more of a character all his own. And I'm really interested to see what comes of this friendship with Mila, and how it effects the both of them.

I'm really glad Boldir and Mila's time in Kyne's Watch hasn't been a perfunctory reconciliation but an actual arc to get to that point. It would've been really easy to say "They're family, they hugged and made up" but Doc hasn't done that and we've had a lot of great character development because of that. Great job, guys. Can't wait to see what's next

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If there’s one thing I love reading, it’s family drama XD it hurts to read about Mila and Baldur of all people being at odds but fun too. Hard to explain. But yea I’m really glad Doc took an interest in Nafy for Mila’s story arc, I was looking for ways to flesh him out and this was pretty much the best way to do it.

Plus, Mila’s reactions to seeing him are so entertaining and relatable. Brings you back to the days when seeing one in Skyrim was still cool.

Now stay tuned for Dragon belly rubs.

• Haha 1

Thanks, BT!

Colonel and I have been pretty excited to work on Mila and Nahfahlaar's interactions ever since the idea came up. Imo the pairing is a good blend of natural and hilarious. And fleshing the dragon out was pretty much the idea going in. His interactions with Baldur, Dales, and Witch are so mercenary that it's hard to imagine getting to see another side of him through their eyes. Mila was a good answer to that without Colonel having to make lots of inner-monologue heavy 'Nahfahlaan' posts.

I agree on the family point. We could've quickly made amends, but you know by now that I never like to make anything easy for anyone. XD Even now, Nahfahlaar hasn't really changed Mila's opinion on who Baldur is, so much as he's convinced her that she needs to try and find a way to make peace with that. And avoiding him won't help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Even now, Nahfahlaar hasn't really changed Mila's opinion on who Baldur is, so much as he's convinced her that she needs to try and find a way to make peace with that. And avoiding him won't help.

Sure it will! First you act out to try and get your parents' attention, and then you avoid them by getting sent to magic school somewhere else before running away from that place and never going back home. You just avoid everyone and any connections and you definitely won't end up estranged from any personal relationships while becoming cold and selfish. Mila should've talked to Morane, she would've set her on the right path. What does a dragon know anyway?

But seriously, I'm really interested to see this whole family relationship change and develop going forward!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

and I’m a narcissist that enjoys getting to feel sorry for my character XD that’s my only part in this. 

And I'm a sadist who enjoys making characters feel bad. Together, we're the perfect storm of negativity. XD 

• Haha 2

This has to be one of my favorite Mila posts, same for the Dragon-Of-Too-Many-Damn-Names.

Y'all echoed my feelings on the post very well.

There's something to sympathise with Naftastic about, I always love when you get to look at the quiet somber part of characters when its well written, which this absolutely was!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

Sure it will! First you act out to try and get your parents' attention, and then you avoid them by getting sent to magic school somewhere else before running away from that place and never going back home. You just avoid everyone and any connections and you definitely won't end up estranged from any personal relationships while becoming cold and selfish. Mila should've talked to Morane, she would've set her on the right path. What does a dragon know anyway?

But seriously, I'm really interested to see this whole family relationship change and develop going forward!

You know, now that Brund is dead, Morane is probably the only major human in the whole RP that I don't think I could befriend through Mila. I don't even think she'd set her on a path at all. She'd just roll her eyes or something and shadow magic away. XD 

• Haha 1