Civil War Aftermath OOC #3

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Colonel, I’m interested to finally see what y’all do about the IRC’s. I feel like this has been a topic in the works for a long time and now it seems like the arc is about to happen

I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out, but what is an IRC?

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Ah okay. :lol: I might’ve realized that if the corrector didn’t make it all caps as well. 

I am rooting for some Nord-Orc friendship because of how awesome that would be. But using history as any indicator, I’m betting things won’t go down so well. :( 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ah okay. :lol: I might’ve realized that if the corrector didn’t make it all caps as well. 

I am rooting for some Nord-Orc friendship because of how awesome that would be. But using history as any indicator, I’m betting things won’t go down so well. :( 

Sorry boi, Imperials and Orc bromance has been canon for a thousand years and it aint changing XD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Damn straight. 

My phone is going to be the bane of me forever :Yol: 

Being serious for a second, broadly, I think Dales and her dynasty has gotten a very good start maintaining the ancient alliance between the Orismer and the Imperials (one of the very few good race relations in the series.)  She's (trying lol) reestablishing Orismer, giving them a (another heheheheh) homeland, and has done right by them in my view anyway. More needs to be done, but I think they'll be very pleased with her efforts. (Was going to have an Orismer delegation come to the Imperial City, but decided to save that for the next chapter) 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My phone is going to be the bane of me forever :Yol: 

Being serious for a second, broadly, I think Dales and her dynasty has gotten a very good start maintaining the ancient alliance between the Orismer and the Imperials (one of the very few good race relations in the series.)  She's (trying lol) reestablishing Orismer, giving them a (another heheheheh) homeland, and has done right by them in my view anyway. More needs to be done, but I think they'll be very pleased with her efforts. (Was going to have an Orismer delegation come to the Imperial City, but decided to save that for the next chapter) 

Yeah, she’s done her part. Gracchus too. Though there wasn’t much that could be done to keep Theo and the Bretons from going after the ones who stayed in the mountains. But they weren’t really the Empire’s problem.

Anyway, I was originally just talking about the stronghold Orcs in Skyrim, who don’t really have a strong relationship with anyone at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

I don't know that the empire was so great for orcs. They stood by while Hammerfell and High Rock slaughtered them again and again. At best they exploited them for the legion.

I think the sentiment typically comes from the handful of Orcish Legion veterans in Skyrim who are proud of their service. And iirc, they helped Orcish refugees after failing to prevent the most recent sacking of Orsinium.

But yeah, the only times when things seem to actually go well for Orcs are when they don’t rely on anyone and work together to make life better themselves. They were treated as monsters by the Septim Empire until the late 3rd era when King Gortwog used the Numidium to seize back their homeland and force everyone to recognize them as actual people.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

IIRC the orcs who talked about their legion service were happy to be part of something and fight. They didn't seem rah rah empire.

Reminds me of Titus Pullo. Utterly loyal to and proud of the 13th Legion but he didn’t really seem to care much about Rome and its Senators, Dictators, and whatnot very much.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reminds me of Titus Pullo. Utterly loyal to and proud of the 13th Legion but he didn’t really seem to care much about Rome and its Senators, Dictators, and whatnot very much.

Except for some reason, he was super proud of his father serving under fucking Sulla, who was even a bigger dictator then Caesar XD