Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #13

Which Daedric Prince would you most want to follow as a denizen of Tamriel?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Prince would you prefer to worship?

• Azura
    • Boethiah
    • Hermaeus Mora
    • Hircine
    • Malacath

4 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I would argue that all of the Netflix Marvel shows should be this way. All of them have either a slow start or sag in the middle, and could use a trim of a few episodes because it inevitably leads to spending time with side characters who are boring or pointlessly dragging the narrative out 

I agree. Daredevil, JJ, and even Punisher all had this problem, though I felt like JJ suffered from it the most for multiple reasons, the biggest being that it had the weakest and most unlikable side characters (imo) and every second spent on them was a chore.

Punisher probably could’ve done with just one fewer episode, maybe by cutting out the veteran kid’s PTSD side plot (though at least its resolution was actually entertaining). Overall, I felt like it had good enough side characters that I didn’t mind it as much when the show gave them some spotlight. I was actually invested in most of them, whereas Jessica Jones just made me hate them more and more except for Luke Cage.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

13 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Looks like Boethiah wins. Should I be worried about the possibility of attempted coups to take over the site? :P 

Seeing as how 2/3 of her voters are already admins, I think the bigger danger now is gonna be internal struggles. :lol: 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I killed the king in yellow unprepared XD Didn't even expect an ambush by him but that's definitely my favorite boss so far. Truly horrific. No one was added to his collection, not even my gypsy lol. 

Politically correct term is Antiquarian XD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I killed the king in yellow unprepared XD Didn't even expect an ambush by him but that's definitely my favorite boss so far. Truly horrific. No one was added to his collection, not even my gypsy lol. 

Honestly though, one of my favourite things about DD is Redhook didn't go lazy, and just take everything from the Cthulhu Mythos, and made it a unique and awesome universe. We joke about Cthulhu alot XD but because of the CM being public domain, they could have just been like "Look guys, it's fucking Hastuer, it's Cthulhu!" but they didn't. They took major influence from it, but they put their own spin on things, like the Collector. Eldritch Demons being put in pig flesh XD

• Like 2

Im really looking forward to delving into the actual darkest dungeon, theres a ton of build up for it. And I'm glad I dont gotta wait that long to see shit like the Collector. That was really cool and unexpected. Didn't have time to look up strategies or anything, just had to go in. He ambushed me just before the final battle in that dungeon too.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im really looking forward to delving into the actual darkest dungeon, theres a ton of build up for it. And I'm glad I dont gotta wait that long to see shit like the Collector. That was really cool and unexpected. Didn't have time to look up strategies or anything, just had to go in. He ambushed me just before the final battle in that dungeon too.

The Darkest Dungeon is like having your dick grinded off, after you've had it smashed into a rock before XD Super fun otherwise.

I beat the shit outta Shambler. I typically run with a bleed squad now and turns out that was the perfect team to hunt him, minus the antiquarian I had with me lol XD But I chanced it and won. Lost a teammate tho of course, dude got tentacl'd. 

Took Rebec with me and she made that big bitch bleed to death, then screamed ROOOAAAAR after it died XDXD Then she became a manic for money when I had to quit the quest. 

I just casually started telling people this morning that I would be doing a barbecue on the 3rd for Indy Day. Now I’ve got so many orders that it’s gonna require three grills and deliveries across four towns. XD 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just casually started telling people this morning that I would be doing a barbecue on the 3rd for Indy Day. Now I’ve got so many orders that it’s gonna require three grills and deliveries across four towns. XD 

What's your rates? 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What's your rates? 

It’s different when I cater. What I’m doing right now is a lot more casual. Just the meat. No sides or tablesetting. It’s $5 for pork steaks, $6 for chicken halves, $20 for a side of ribs, and $25 for a Boston butt. I probably undercharge for the steaks but they’re not most of my profit anyway.

21 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Damn dude with business like that you should have your own restaurant.

I did used to have something of a restaurant. I didn’t own the location though so it wasn’t truly mine. I started catering instead because the profit per cook was better and it was less of a hassle. Only problem was that it isn’t an every day thing so it ultimately amounts to less money overall.

What I’m doing this time is different from either. I’m just cooking and selling. No fuss or taxes or anything like that. It’s basicaly a glorified lemonade stand that takes preorders. XD 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s different when I cater. What I’m doing right now is a lot more casual. Just the meat. No sides or tablesetting. It’s $5 for pork steaks, $6 for chicken halves, $20 for a side of ribs, and $25 for a Boston butt. I probably undercharge for the steaks but they’re not most of my profit anyway.

I did used to have something of a restaurant. I didn’t own the location though so it wasn’t truly mine. I started catering instead because the profit per cook was better and it was less of a hassle. Only problem was that it isn’t an every day thing so it ultimately amounts to less money overall.

What I’m doing this time is different from either. I’m just cooking and selling. No fuss or taxes or anything like that. It’s basicaly a glorified lemonade stand that takes preorders. XD 

...all your words about condemning preordering are now hollow XD

• Haha 3

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

...all your words about condemning preordering are now hollow XD

:rofl: I’m a hypocrite. Sue me. 

Lol with this much BBQ, not taking preorders can cost me a LOT of money. I only sell fresh off the grill, so anything that doesn’t get sold is a loss. I try to be as precise as possible and only cook what I pre-sell with a tiny bit of extra in case I make any mistakes.  

• Haha 1

Tho you either gonna have ta hook me up with a freebie or lower the price a little. I already don't like going on dinner dates cause it feels like I'm paying for butt and Killabee don't pay for Butt. Let alone 25 bucks for Boston Butt. Better be some good butt.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Tho you either gonna have ta hook me up with a freebie or lower the price a little. I already don't like going on dinner dates cause it feels like I'm paying for butt and Killabee don't pay for Butt. Let alone 25 bucks for Boston Butt. Better be some good butt.

Best Butt in the Bootheel. Big too. ;) 

• Haha 1

Y'all act like something's strange about me liking ass, that's not thirsty that's normal lol. 

If thinking about bitches means I'm "thirsty" it's preferable to dreaming of old white men with big beards and fairy magic randomly showing up in my bedroom :whistling:

XD 

And on that note I'ma make like Peter Pan and never grow up, dig? LOL

• Haha 1