Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #13

Which Daedric Prince would you most want to follow as a denizen of Tamriel?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Prince would you prefer to worship?

• Azura
    • Boethiah
    • Hermaeus Mora
    • Hircine
    • Malacath

46 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not gonna lie, I don’t know what the hell we’re actually talking about right now. 

I was talking about fair skin lol. Like redneck. Red mountain

Looking back, this conversation has indeed been pretty weird all day XD my bad lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Anymore, my rewatches usually end after season 4. 

While the cracks has really begun to nag me in season 6, season 7 is when it really starts to fall apart. Most of the political talk doesn't even make sense. The strategies and troop movement even less so. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I would’ve said the same but like Doc said that doesn’t explain the vampirism after.

I guess the only real thing that makes sense is she pegged them with something and bit them, and presto. You got rapist vamp chick.

Why not? Insert "whatever," inject vampirism. There's more than one way to get at someone's blood.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh I didn’t think she meant literal tentacles. Thought she just meant inanimate objects.

Indeed, I was thinking more metaphorically, but I assume Molag Bal could also go a more conventional route. Or maybe you get fisted by the mace. XD

22 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Been rewatching GoT. Have to say season 7 is even weaker during a second viewing. Plot holes just become more glaring and annoying, and the feeling that it isn't GoT anymore even more nagging. You'd expect people that have spent years in that universe would have a better grasp on it. 

I'm sure some of it is time and budget constraint, but I felt early on like they were showing off, like maybe they thought they could do some things better.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

While the cracks has really begun to nag me in season 6, season 7 is when it really starts to fall apart. Most of the political talk doesn't even make sense. The strategies and troop movement even less so. 

The idea of sending some of the most important people alive (including an elected king and two guys who can resurrect the dead) into the most dangerous place in the world with no horses and few supplies to obtain an ice zombie in the hopes that seeing it will convince a psychopathic queen (whose bodyguard is already a zombie) that she needs to forget her intense hatred for all of you and join forces might legitimately be the dumbest plan I’ve ever heard in a tv show. And it was agreed on by pretty much all of the smartest characters still alive. XD 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

35 minutes ago, Celan said:

I'm sure some of it is time and budget constraint, but I felt early on like they were showing off, like maybe they thought they could do some things better.

I have a hard time believing it was budget since they really stepped up their special effects and big battles for season 7. Also time seems like less of an issue since despite being three episodes shorter and having most people teleport across the continent it still felt like for a lot of time the story never went anywhere and the show simply stood still stomping. 

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The idea of sending some of the most important people alive (including an elected king and two guys who can resurrect the dead) into the most dangerous place in the world with no horses and few supplies to obtain an ice zombie in the hopes that seeing it will convince a psychopathic queen (whose bodyguard is already a zombie) that she needs to forget her intense hatred for all of you and join forces might legitimately be the dumbest plan I’ve ever heard in a tv show. And it was agreed on by pretty much all of the smartest characters still alive. XD 

That is the crowning achievement of stupidity. Add to that that the whole reason for a truce doesn't make sense either. What does Danny got to lose by marching north? Casterly Rock and Dragonstone? It also bothers me that they spent so much time debating whether or not she should attack King's Landing that there was no debate on the overall political situation in Westeros. She said at the end of the last season she would have to make an alliance through marriage. One of her first priorities would have been to find the most suitable bachelors in Westeros. Would also have made her developing relationship with Jon less awkward. (From a storytelling perspective as I'm sure it would be very awkward for Jon. XD )

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea I think the writers are simply lost without GRR Martin and had to talent to begin with, or simply don’t no where to go in this setting without him.

I agree with this but it’s a bad excuse for them. They stopped adapting GRRM’s books long before they ran out of material to work with. The first four seasons covered books 1-3 somewhat faithfully with some ups and downs. But there have been 5 books so far and every plotline from the last two has either been skipped, butchered, or simplified to the extreme.

There is easily enough material in books 4 and 5 to fill three seasons. But for some reason the showrunners wanted to rush it and ignore more than half of what GRRM wrote and replace it with their own shit.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

20 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I have a hard time believing it was budget since they really stepped up their special effects and big battles for season 7. Also time seems like less of an issue since despite being three episodes shorter and having most people teleport across the continent it still felt like for a lot of time the story never went anywhere and the show simply stood still stomping.

But still, there's not enough budget to cover everything in GRRM's massive series- if you can keep a general TV audience that long.

They are obviously rushing, so screen time is an issue.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

In that case they might simply be rushed to finish the show. That would partially explain so many derp moments we’ve seen lately. Plots are whizzing by pretty quickly.

This seems to be the case. But what’s funny is that they seem to want it this way. HBO practically begged the showrunners to stretch it out so there could be more seasons. They had people publicly saying that this was what they wanted. But the Showrunners themselves refused.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This seems to be the case. But what’s funny is that they seem to want it this way. HBO practically begged the showrunners to stretch it out so there could be more seasons. They had people publicly saying that this was what they wanted. But the Showrunners themselves refused.

Too bad there's some legal paragraph in their contract or else I don't see why HBO would have replaced them with someone willing to adapt more of the book to get more seasons. GoT is a cash cow and I can't see HBO wanting it to end. 

I wonder if Amazon and Netflix are gonna allocate more money to their big-budget shows like than HBO is able to for Game of Thrones. One thing I’m a little worried about for LotR and Witcher is that they’ll look cheap and tacky like most high fantasy tv series end up looking. 

Amazon’s got the cash for sure at least. But I have no idea if they’ve ever coughed up that much for a tv show. I hope they and Netflix both do.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wonder if Amazon and Netflix are gonna allocate more money to their big-budget shows like than HBO is able to for Game of Thrones. One thing I’m a little worried about for LotR and Witcher is that they’ll look cheap and tacky like most high fantasy tv series end up looking. 

Amazon’s got the cash for sure at least. But I have no idea if they’ve ever coughed up that much for a tv show. I hope they and Netflix both do.

Imagine if Geralt was played by a fat B movie actor XD