Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #13

Which Daedric Prince would you most want to follow as a denizen of Tamriel?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Prince would you prefer to worship?

• Azura
    • Boethiah
    • Hermaeus Mora
    • Hircine
    • Malacath

47 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What surprised me most about the last poll wasn’t the winners. It was the fact that someone other than BT (who we all know is secretly just like Theo in real life) chose Mephala. XD 

Mostly, it was because no one else in that group really appealed to me, so I channeled Theo and picked her. But I’m definitely not like him. He’s a villain! Or at least, should be considered one by any reasonable person

Edit: I’m most surprised by Malacath making it. I didn’t see that coming at all

Edited by BTCollins

23 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I love Werebeasts. 

And Hircine is one of the few princes who seemingly cares for his followers, and has a sense of honour. Very polite too.

“Hey werewolf child of mine, enjoy getting slaughtered by these werewolf hunters who worship me.”

”Hey werewolf hunters who worship me, enjoy getting slaughtered by this Dragonborn for the crime of doing my bidding.”

XD Nothing but love. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

“Hey werewolf child of mine, enjoy getting slaughtered by these werewolf hunters who worship me.”

”Hey werewolf hunters who worship me, enjoy getting slaughtered by this Dragonborn for the crime of doing my bidding.”

XD Nothing but love. 

Survival of the fittest, it's tough love, but it's there XD Hircine loves the hunter becoming the hunted. But he holds himself to that same standard, that's why he rewards Mortals for beating him (which he does in both Skyrim and Bloodmoon). Quite Honorable

And his afterlife is pretty fucking awesome. Get to hunt for all eternity.

26 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Edit: I’m most surprised by Malacath making it. I didn’t see that coming at all

People love an underdog, and he’s basically the Prince of underdogs. Plus, he ain’t a schemer or some squeaky voiced pansy. The guy secretly doubles as the Prince of being jacked and using comically large hammers.

28 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

But I’m definitely not like him. He’s a villain! Or at least, should be considered one by any reasonable person

Uh huh. Sure... You may be one of the nicer and more reasonable guys on here, but so was Theo when he first appeared. I’m onto you, Collins. 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I can dig this. Though I’m less partial to the part where the greatest hunters are basically just his hounds, which sounds kinda bleh. And the danger of the hunt turning around on me is just too much stress to deal with for an eternity.

Then again, Boethiah ain’t much better in that regard. I voted her because she’s my favorite, but I wasn’t really thinking about it enough to consider that the question is about who you’d prefer to follow. For that, my answer would be Azura. At best, she’ll save me from a volcanic apocalypse and give me lots of power and boons. At worst, she’ll curse me to look like a badass for something my ancestor did.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can dig this. Though I’m less partial to the part where the greatest hunters are basically just his hounds, which sounds kinda bleh. And the danger of the hunt turning around on me is just too much stress to deal with for an eternity.

Then again, Boethiah ain’t much better in that regard. I voted her because she’s my favorite, but I wasn’t really thinking about it enough to consider that the question is about who you’d prefer to follow. For that, my answer would be Azura. At best, she’ll save me from a volcanic apocalypse and give me lots of power and boons. At worst, she’ll curse me to look like a badass for something my ancestor did.

She looks so boring though XD

latest?cb=20160723104413

Look how fucking hardcore Hircine is. Giant buff Creepypasta man 

latest?cb=20121111214957

Now that I look at him he's basically the Capra Demon XD He even has two hounds...

____________by_alexandrzaborovskiy-d88l7

It might be an intentional reference though. Miyisaki said in an interview one of his favourite games of all time is Oblivion. (Which was a big shock to the Dark Souls fans who are elder scrolls haters)

30 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not to mention he’s got some of the coolest life around.

Too bad the mythology makes him literally Boethiah’s shit. XD For that reason alone, I can never choose him over her when it comes down to it.

Admittedly, as a Dunmer fan I’m pretty biased to the three Good Daedra as a rule. Even Mephala. If I could choose to be a certain type of daedra worshipper in TES, a Dunmer Ashlander who follows all three would probably be my first choice.

Since I highly recommended the series The Prince of Nothing by R.S. Bakker, I have to un-recommend it after getting through half of the third book. It was so promising but really takes a dive towards the end. Still some of the best battle scenes I've read, though, including wizard battles. Some pretty fucked up horror themes, also.

As for where it goes wrong, I guess I'll spoiler it in case anyone plans to read...

There's a character who hardly figures in the first book but ends up being the main character by the middle of the 2nd, and he's the most incredibly annoying Mary Sue I've ever encountered outside bad fanfiction. His terribleness corrupts the other good characters and turns the plot trivial. I have to give the writer points for some original ideas, but this was one risky one that torpedoes his final effort.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Too bad the mythology makes him literally Boethiah’s shit. XD For that reason alone, I can never choose him over her when it comes down to it.

Admittedly, as a Dunmer fan I’m pretty biased to the three Good Daedra as a rule. Even Mephala. If I could choose to be a certain type of daedra worshipper in TES, a Dunmer Ashlander who follows all three would probably be my first choice.

You and me both lol though honestly aside from her possible crush on Lorkhan her summoning day, Nov 2nd, is my birthday lol.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

She looks so boring though XD

latest?cb=20160723104413

Look how fucking hardcore Hircine is. Giant buff Creepypasta man 

latest?cb=20121111214957

Now that I look at him he's basically the Capra Demon XD He even has two hounds...

____________by_alexandrzaborovskiy-d88l7

It might be an intentional reference though. Miyisaki said in an interview one of his favourite games of all time is Oblivion. (Which was a big shock to the Dark Souls fans who are elder scrolls haters)

Always thought Azura looked like a tranny lol

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Survival of the fittest, it's tough love, but it's there XD Hircine loves the hunter becoming the hunted. But he holds himself to that same standard, that's why he rewards Mortals for beating him (which he does in both Skyrim and Bloodmoon). Quite Honorable

Seems more like he does everything for his mere amusement than any sort of “love”.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Coulda fooled me XD thought that’s right up your alley.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Worshipping any of the deities in the Mythos is a one way trip to the Asylum. They make you fucking insane XD

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Seems more like he does everything for his mere amusement than any sort of “love”.

Depends on how you look at it. He gives his children many boons that allow them to survive in a harsh world. 

What other prince rewards you for outsmarting/outfighting him? I like how he's always polite, and courteous too, that alongside him rewarding people who out smart him give the impression, he lacks alot of the pride and ego the other princes have. He seemingly respects mortals alot more too.

I see that as for his amusement as well, the way Romans gifted Gladiators or granted them freedom if they wanted it.

Sure they respect those men, even loved if you asked some of them. But ultimately it was all for the amusement of Rome.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I see that as for his amusement as well, the way Romans gifted Gladiators or granted them freedom if they wanted it.

Sure they respect those men, even loved if you asked some of them. But ultimately it was all for the amusement of Rome.

Well he likes being challenged XD Nothing wrong with that. He's a good sport about it too.

I dont think he's quite benevolent. The Curse of Werebeasts is fucking horrifying and has caused much suffering. The Glemori Coven is especially showing of his darkside. I just like him and his attitude XD Hardly the worst of Princes.