Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Deadest character in videogame trailer history. 

Dead Lesbian trope combined with dead romantic interest trope, she's a fucking goner XD

Ellie seems super fucked up right now. She's having an intimate moment with her partner, and her mind goes to fucking slaughtering people.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Ellie seems super fucked up right now. She's having an intimate moment with her partner, and her mind goes to fucking slaughtering people.

I have a feeling those are flash forwards, not flashbacks. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

That was so intense. Though I didn’t get the sense they were in a relationship at that time. Could see it developing into one. Also, is Joel the old man going on about the patrols? And did y’all see the painting of the woman that said something like “she will guide you?” Creepy

Also, I hope there’s some uplifting emotional payoff in his game. I don’t know if I can handle all that murder purely in revenge with no happiness in sight. I mean, I’ll still play it, but lord it seems like it could be a depressing as hell game

1 minute ago, BTCollins said:

That was so intense. Though I didn’t get the sense they were in a relationship at that time. Could see it developing into one. Also, is Joel the old man going on about the patrols? And did y’all see the painting of the woman that said something like “she will guide you?” Creepy

Up on the side of the building, right? Game's definitely gonna feature that cult in a big way.

Yeah, I think the guy was referring specifically to her old man, and Joel is basically Ellie's dad at this point. They're holding back on showing him so much. XD They know it's what fans want to see most. Bunch of teases.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, BTCollins said:

Also, I hope there’s some uplifting emotional payoff in his game. I don’t know if I can handle all that murder purely in revenge with no happiness in sight. I mean, I’ll still play it, but lord it seems like it could be a depressing as hell game

I agree. They've said that the first game was about love and that this one was about hate. I'm gonna miss love...

I loved how brutal the actual gameplay was, though. It is very hard to imagine a skinny 20ish year old girl fighting against all these larger and stronger adults in a realistic setting, but the way they made Ellie handle, all evasive and opportunistic in her movements was perfect. At no point was I like "Okay, that's bullshit" while watching that. 

The action looked incredible. And same, I liked love quite a bit. Hate doesn’t seem near and nice lol

Also, that Ghost of Tsushima game looked pretty dope. I liked the mix of stealth and fighting. Anyone heard anything else about it?

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Also, that Ghost it Tsushima game looked pretty dope. I liked the mix of stealth and fighting. Anyone heard anything else about it?

I haven't, but yeah, it looks pretty slick.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don't know if I could come up with a stranger looking game than Death Stranding if I spent all my time trying.

That part with the Silent Hill horror was fucking creepy. Seems like it's Sci Fi Horror which makes me excited!

It just ended. It was much better than Microsoft, Bethesda, or Ubisoft based solely on the fact that it did nothing but show games. No 10 minute monologues or bullshit in between. Just a rapid fire of game after game. It was nice.

Well, I liked the Arkham games, and this Spiderman ones looks really fun and super smooth, so I’m interested. One thing that has me worried was that there were a bunch of cutscenes. But they seemed to flow well with the breaks in action. 

But yeah, Death Stranding is just...I don’t even know

Edited by BTCollins

I bet PlayStation just chill games, because they know that’s all they got to do. Xbox is the one with something to prove, with burned bridges to repair. They were trying real hard to convince us that they were putting emphasis on games again. And they had to, because PlayStation was straight dragging their ass. For years. And to think, I used to feel bad for Collins because of all the glitches Bethesda had with PlayStation....

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Wish they’d just get it over with and put a bullet in their head already. 

What you looking forward to Besides TLoU2?

Me personally, Ghost of Tsushima and maybe Spiderman. Both look really well made, if nothing else