Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

And to think, I used to feel bad for Collins because of all the glitches Bethesda had with PlayStation....

Honestly, Bethesda games being shittier was about the only downside to owning a PS4 over Xbox there for a while, since PS4 was racking up those exclusive titles

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I liked the Microsoft conference much more. Most of the game didn't interest me besides Death Stranding, and Last of Us 2.

Microsoft had WAYYYYYY more stuff too.

XD The game that doc said was super weird?

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Honestly Balrog, I’m surprised you didn’t geek out over Ghost of Tsushima. That seems like it’d be right in your wheelhouse. Hell, I’m surprised how much I’m looking forward to learning more about it. The game play and the little bit of drama we got, plus those visuals, had me really interested

Just now, BTCollins said:

Honestly Balrog, I’m surprised you didn’t geek out over Ghost of Tsushima. That seems like it’d be right in your wheelhouse. Hell, I’m surprised how much I’m looking forward to learning more about it. The game play and the little bit of drama we got, plus those visuals, had me really interested

It's because I already have a Feudal Japanese game to look forward to, Shadows die Twice XD 

The Mongol Invasion is a pretty cool peroid to choose, but eh, i'm way more excited to see Oni and monsters from Japanese Mythology then all the human enemies in Ghost. Kinda reminded me of Assassins Creed to be honest.

7 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Honestly, Bethesda games being shittier was about the only downside to owning a PS4 over Xbox there for a while, since PS4 was racking up those exclusive titles

You also missed out on Halo, LOL. Back when it was good.

But that’s 360.  I don’t regret buying an Xbox 360, but I’m glad I never bought an xbone

I think I was really drawn in because the game has a really Kurosawa feel to it, and there’s a ton of connections between his films and Westerns. Even besides Seven Samurai becoming The Magnificent Seven. 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Microsoft won the show. Most people agree. Sony's conference was really shitty. 

This baffles me. The Microsoft conference was like 40% games and 60% fluff. And almost none of those games were exclusives besides Gears of War, which should be long dead by now, and Halo, which we learned shit-all about.

Sony had two live musical performances that were actually good, and then nothing but games, games, and more games. Even the ones I didn’t personally care about were clearly exciting to their own fanbases. And there was no cringe or annoying spokesmen.

People go to E3 for games. Sony’s the only one who went all in with that. Best of the four conferences I’ve seen, by far, and I didn’t even care about most of the titles they showed.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

14 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I think I was really drawn in because the game has a really Kurosawa feel to it, and there’s a ton of connections between his films and Westerns. Even besides Seven Samurai becoming The Magnificent Seven. 

I thought that too. The very first time they showed combat, with the long, tense pause before he up and sliced that dude was straight out of the old classics. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I thought that too. The very first time they showed combat, with the long, tense pause before he up and sliced that dude was straight out of the old classics. 

And the weather picking up as the samurai and his friend dueled was spot on too. I’ll be following it for sure, and if it lives up to that trailer I’ll be all over it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

What you looking forward to Besides TLoU2?

TLoU2 was the biggest by far. After that? Ghost of Tsushima does indeed look pretty neat and had a great gameplay demo. But it’s gonna take a backseat to Shadows Die Twice as far as Japanese games go.

I’ve never been all that big on superhero games, so Spider-Man didn’t reel me in as much as it has many people, but it does look very slick.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m gonna need a better HDTV for this... think I’ll go 4K

Right? XD I’m seriously considering upgrading now. Do you know anything about shopping for a good TV? Because I don’t. 

It’s so incredibly tense. The sound quality is fucking superb, I could hear the footsteps creeping on me and it made me so nervous for her. The combat flows so well, and if it weren’t for the gameplay icons for items and stuff it’d look like you were playing a cutscene.

Dude I cant wait.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Right? XD I’m seriously considering upgrading now. Do you know anything about shopping for a good TV? Because I don’t. 

I know a little, you’ll have little to worry about though if you’re just looking for one for your PlayStation. Check Amazon reviews too.

PC is where you’ll need to do a little research to make sure it plays well with it and vsync.

I’ll show you what I have in mind when I pick some TVs out, biggest thing would be how games look on a 4K tv that don’t support 4K.

• Thanks 1