Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

24 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Already x100 better than anything Disney Star Wars has produced, not count the Darth Vader scene from Rogue One

Agreed completely. Granted, we only have one episode so far but this first one had absolutely no bullshit and so much character to it. 

Besides "Mando" just being badass in general, my favorite part of the episode was definitely the Imperial remnants. Even as a dirty, washed up probable outlaw, the commander had such a strong air of authority to him. Like you could easily picture him ten years younger, clean shaven in a uniform giving orders on the deck of an Imperial frigate or something. And he’s still got some riches that he probably cut and run with when things started falling apart. 

In general, this episode did a great job of depicting the setting of a post-Empire galaxy. Far better than the sequel trilogy ever did, which at times kinda feels like a whole new universe. This shit’s straight up picking up where classic Star Wars left off. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Dave Filoni is literally George Lucas’ protégé. He got the best from the man and none of the negative aspects and it shows

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed completely. Granted, we only have one episode so far but this first one had absolutely no bullshit and so much character to it. 

Hide contents

Besides "Mando" just being badass in general, my favorite part of the episode was definitely the Imperial remnants. Even as a dirty, washed up probable outlaw, the commander had such a strong air of authority to him. Like you could easily picture him ten years younger, clean shaven in a uniform giving orders on the deck of an Imperial frigate or something. And he’s still got some riches that he probably cut and run with when things started falling apart. 

In general, this episode did a great job of depicting the setting of a post-Empire galaxy. Far better than the sequel trilogy ever did, which at times kinda feels like a whole new universe. This shit’s straight up picking up where classic Star Wars left off. 

the Mandalorian lore we are gonna get from this also has me hyped. I’m legitimately excited for Star Wars like I haven’t been in a while, not since TLJ and it feels amazing

Fuck:dntknw:

39 minutes ago, Centurion said:

the Mandalorian lore we are gonna get from this also has me hyped. I’m legitimately excited for Star Wars like I haven’t been in a while, not since TLJ and it feels amazing

You or Balrog probably know some of this stuff better than I do. Any idea what the blacksmith meant when she asked if he has his signet yet?

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

You or Balrog probably know some of this stuff better than I do. Any idea what the blacksmith meant when she asked if he has his signet yet?

Some pretty decent spoilers, also rambly lore stuff for mandalorians so enter if you dare

So, as far as I’m aware a signet hasn’t been referred to by that word ever in Mandalorian lore, but looking at the definition of Signet, “a small seal, especially one set in a ring, used instead of or with a signature to give authentication to an official document.”, And the fact that he is a foundling, “an infant that has been abandoned by its parents and is discovered and cared for by others.”, points to it being a clan symbol like Jango and Boba Fetts unique symbol229AEA38-6E63-4E7B-9E35-4DC419125183.thumb.jpeg.6bc41c8c2242f5255a4206446c78eda9.jpeg

Or the symbol of Clan VizlaDC544E15-C6F1-4B5D-ACE3-489F7ED22D37.thumb.png.fd5664316d8a9453e06c1181621683f3.png
i.e. the symbol of the clan Mandalorians belong to.

As for the how foundling thing ties into it, he’s not a born Mandalorian, the flashbacks during the pauldron forging scene show young Mando and family running and hiding from a Separatist attack (cross reference trailer footage of Super Battle droids and Droid drop ships) So he most likely was found and adopted into the Mandalorian Culture from a young age and now, as he’s acquiring his Beskar armor, establishing a name for himself to found a clan. The armor is passed down from from ancestor to descendant (Source: Sabine talking about it to Ezra in rebels) so I think him completing the suit will “reveal” his signet. As Beskar is a alloy only found on Mandalor and only used by Mandalorians the is both Lightsaber and blaster resistant, hences it’s importance to the Mandalorians, and also the “Mandalorian code” otherwise called Resol'nare. Rambly I know but bare with me lmao

Edited by Centurion
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Centurion said:

Some pretty decent spoilers, also rambly lore stuff for mandalorians so enter if you dare

Reveal hidden contents

So, as far as I’m aware a signet hasn’t been referred to by that word ever in Mandalorian lore, but looking at the definition of Signet, “a small seal, especially one set in a ring, used instead of or with a signature to give authentication to an official document.”, And the fact that he is a foundling, “an infant that has been abandoned by its parents and is discovered and cared for by others.”, points to it being a clan symbol like Jango and Boba Fetts unique symbol229AEA38-6E63-4E7B-9E35-4DC419125183.thumb.jpeg.6bc41c8c2242f5255a4206446c78eda9.jpeg

Or the symbol of Clan VizlaDC544E15-C6F1-4B5D-ACE3-489F7ED22D37.thumb.png.fd5664316d8a9453e06c1181621683f3.png
i.e. the symbol of the clan Mandalorians belong to.

As for the how foundling thing ties into it, he’s not a born Mandalorian, the flashbacks during the pauldron forging scene show young Mando and family running and hiding from a Separatist attack (cross reference trailer footage of Super Battle droids and Droid drop ships) So he most likely was found and adopted into the Mandalorian Culture from a young age and now, as he’s acquiring his Beskar armor, establishing a name for himself to found a clan. The armor is passed down from from ancestor to descendant (Source: Sabine talking about it to Ezra in rebels) so I think him completing the suit will “reveal” his signet. As Beskar is a alloy only found on Mandalor and only used by Mandalorians the is both Lightsaber and blaster resistant, hences it’s importance to the Mandalorians, and also the “Mandalorian code” otherwise called Resol'nare. Rambly I know but bare with me lmao

Is it possible that he is a Mandalorian, just an orphaned one? I don’t know much about the Clone Wars or if they affected Mandalor, but the way the rancher guy talked about Mando’s ancestors being great riders and how it seemed to inspire him made me think he really was one. Just without a tribe.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Is it possible that he is a Mandalorian, just an orphaned one? I don’t know much about the Clone Wars or if they affected Mandalor, but the way the rancher guy talked about Mando’s ancestors being great riders and how it seemed to inspire him made me think he really was one. Just without a tribe.

the separatists didn’t have a presence on Mandalore. It was Maul that caused the battles. And the planet from his flashbacks doesn’t look like Dome cities of Mandalore. Just because he’s not a born Mandalorian, doesn’t mean he isn’t one tho. Mandalorian is a galaxy wide culture as opposed to a race of planet you were born on, anyone can become a Mando

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Hide contents

the separatists didn’t have a presence on Mandalore. It was Maul that caused the battles. And the planet from his flashbacks doesn’t look like Dome cities of Mandalore. Just because he’s not a born Mandalorian, doesn’t mean he isn’t one tho. Mandalorian is a galaxy wide culture as opposed to a race of planet you were born on, anyone can become a Mando

Speaking of Maul, do you think the blacksmith’s horned helmet was a reference to when he and his brother were ruling there? They looked like the same kind of horns that the bros had. Maybe she served under them.

Because if so, that’s a really cool detail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:
  Hide contents

Speaking of Maul, do you think the blacksmith’s horned helmet was a reference to when he and his brother were ruling there? They looked like the same kind of horns that the bros had. Maybe she served under them.

Because if so, that’s a really cool detail. 

it might be, a couple of the death watch that sided with maul put horns on there helmets to mimic him so it might be a left over remnant from those times

• Like 1

Tbh I’d prefer they keep developing the worlds they’ve already created. Make your portfolio too large and you end up like Bethesda taking 10+ years to make a TES sequel. 

Not to sound like I’m complaining. The Outer Worlds hasn’t even been out for a month yet and it’s easily my GotY, so they’re good in my book. XD But between it, Tyranny, and Pillars, Obsidian’s original universes already have lots of potential.

I’m not a fan of the Pixar cartoon art style though. Best of luck to Sawyer and his team, but this one’s an easy pass for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reach Remastered is coming on December 3rd for Xbox and PC!

Now that’s some news I was waiting for! Is it getting the Halo 2 treatment, or not that extreme? Anything else related to Halo, like the new game? 

Oh, and did InXile have anything?

• Like 1