Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

The back roads are too icy for travel, so I’m stuck in the office with nothing to do. And my co-worker has Disney+ on his computer.

I know what I’m about to do. XD 

Sounds like the start of a horror move, soon the lights are going to go out, and you and your colleagues are going to disappear one by one XD

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sounds like the start of a horror move, soon the lights are going to go out, and you and your colleagues are going to disappear one by one XD

It’s the middle of town in broad daylight with like 300 people on the floor above me for a court case. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s your whole town population isn’t it? What, is R Kelly there or some shit XD 

Keep it down! If word gets down that all famous celebrity trials get held here, outsiders will start showing up in droves!

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n39668/obsidian-rare-new-games-x019

Apparently Obsidan's announcing there new IP underneath Microsoft at the Microsoft conference tomorrow, kinda crazy how they aint slowing down. XD

I bet ya it’s whatever JE Sawyer has been working on while the OG Fallout guys made TOW. As I understand, he was mostly hands off with it.  

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Take Bethesda’s spot while they’re down

They have the money and resources now they have Microsoft's backing. They've always had the talent, but they've always been hamstrung by factors (infamously New Vegas and Kotor2 had scores and scores of content cut because of the lack of time). So maybe they can finally take over there rightful spot of the king of Western RPG's after Bioware and Beth have fallen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I bet ya it’s whatever JE Sawyer has been working on while the OG Fallout guys made TOW. As I understand, he was mostly hands off with it.  

I guess Tim Cain led a majority of Obsidian to finish Outer Worlds, while Sawyer took a small part of the devs and began to do concept and early work for their new RPG. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Outer Worlds is an except rather then the rule, besides it and New Vegas, they've made scores and scores of Isometircal RPGS, I want more exceptions XD

KotoR 2 and Alpha Protocol too. They’ve always made both. The isometric games are just what they’re more known for lately since they made like three in a row. 

Mentioning KotoR reminds me, I saw the Mandalorian. Maybe I’m biased because it’s basically a western, XD but if the show retains the quality of the pilot it will probably be my favorite thing to come out of Star Wars since the 80s. I want to watch it again on my own tv. 

• Like 1

If I could complain about anything, its that there's not enough variety of wildlife in Outer Worlds.

What they have is cool tho for sure but considering you spend the better part of the game fighting the wildlife, especially if you're a BADASS like me and waded through Monarch's worst instead of paying that bitch 10,000 bits, they probably should've had more than two badass animal types on that planet.

Of course there's also the canids, dumb birds that are actually way more dangerous than I expected XD and the Primals on the lesser milkdrinker planets and on monarch too where the marauders are, but it didn't feel like enough to me.

Either way, still had a ton of fun with those. My headcanon is that the Mantisaurs (awesome name) and the dumb lizards were so alpha that they pretty much wiped out every other living organism that could survive in the harsh climate of Monarch, and that the two basically live off of hunting one another, and of course the Mantisaurs usually win and hold more territory.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If I could complain about anything, its that there's not enough variety of wildlife in Outer Worlds.

Reveal hidden contents

What they have is cool tho for sure but considering you spend the better part of the game fighting the wildlife, especially if you're a BADASS like me and waded through Monarch's worst instead of paying that bitch 10,000 bits, they probably should've had more than two badass animal types on that planet.

Of course there's also the canids, dumb birds that are actually way more dangerous than I expected XD and the Primals on the lesser milkdrinker planets and on monarch too where the marauders are, but it didn't feel like enough to me.

Either way, still had a ton of fun with those. My headcanon is that the Mantisaurs (awesome name) and the dumb lizards were so alpha that they pretty much wiped out every other living organism that could survive in the harsh climate of Monarch, and that the two basically live off of hunting one another, and of course the Mantisaurs usually win and hold more territory.

One complaint I heard that's very common is there isn't enough enemy variety, which is acceptable but a little disappointing. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

One complaint I heard that's very common is there isn't enough enemy variety, which is acceptable but a little disappointing. 

Indeed there isn’t, tho what’s there is enough to keep you occupied for certain. And it was definitely fucking tense, the part I mentioned in spoilers felt very earned. After that there wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle because it forces you to learn how to use and abuse the game mechanics.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Agreed. I’d also like more variety in the human enemies. I know this is just the first game, but in the sequel I wouldn’t mind different marauder clans and various recognizable space pirate groups like Sublight but as enemies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

KotoR 2 and Alpha Protocol too. They’ve always made both. The isometric games are just what they’re more known for lately since they made like three in a row. 

Mentioning KotoR reminds me, I saw the Mandalorian. Maybe I’m biased because it’s basically a western, XD but if the show retains the quality of the pilot it will probably be my favorite thing to come out of Star Wars since the 80s. I want watch it again on my own tv. 

Bruh I just rewatched and it’s picked up on even more shit. I fucking love this series already. Already x100 better than anything Disney Star Wars has produced, not count the Darth Vader scene from Rogue One

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also I’m starting to like Felix XD 

Glad to hear it. XD He may be a grimy anarchist stowaway, but the kid’s fearless and he’s got spirit. And he’s got some of the best quest dialogue.

Though admittedly, one of my favorite dialogue options to pick with Harlow is to tell him that Felix is the least reliable crew member on a ship literally called The Unreliable. :rofl: Felix’s reaction is priceless.

• Haha 1