Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

The character they’re referencing at one point uses the phrase "Obama-loving libtard". XD 

It’s pretty dumb though because the bad guys are a bunch of gun toting rednecks too, just more cultish. It’s basically just about a bunch of people they don’t like killing one another. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

The character they’re referencing at one point uses the phrase "Obama-loving libtard". XD 

It’s pretty dumb though because the bad guys are a bunch of gun toting rednecks too, just more cultish. It’s basically just about a bunch of people they don’t like killing one another. 

Yea that’s in the article XD 

I don’t plan on actually playing anyway lol all their games are the same shit more or less, and 3 is still the best.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was going to make a comment about what I like about horror games is there's rarely any of these nonsense politics attached to them, but I remembered people were extremely angry about Resident Evil 5 and it's African zombies XD

African zombies in Africa?! THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT

For some fucking reason, steam posted this weird fucking art image on the storefront, with Gabe Newell hiding behind a cash register, a bunch of tentacles attacking the store, and fucking Sekiro coming in to save Gabe Newell :rofl: People are trying to figure out what it means.

Q5StwwUP8t7dHMeN6vWDHY-650-80.jpg

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-steam-sale-is-being-invaded-by-tentacles-and-sekiro/

Mandalorian episode 4 spoilers

Imo this episode was probably the weakest in writing but the strongest in character development. Not that the writing was bad overall. The story was a classic and a lot of fun. I enjoyed watching them kick back in a slower, more 'peaceful' setting for a bit after the intensity of the last two weeks. And in 20 minutes I cared more about that village than I ever did about the ewoks. XD The former rebel chick was pretty cool too.

Best part was the AT-ST though. XD This show just keeps on taking shit that the movies told us were awesome but then made kinda lame, and actually making those things terrifying and imposing like they're supposed to be. In RotJ the walkers felt like they were made of cardboard, but this was some straight up War of the Worlds shit. It retroactively makes the Empire seem way more intimidating knowing that they had thousands of these unstoppable behemoths that can singlehandedly level a town.

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

It was the weakest but in no sense of the word bad. The show continues to amaze

Yeah, when the worst writing so far is shit like "why didn't they explain where the woman learned to shoot?" compared to the clusterfuck of inconsistencies in the last main series movie, I'm inclined to be pretty forgiving. XD 

I think most of the stuff in this episode might've been improved by a few additional lines. Like have Mando mention that they should be out of range of the tracking fobs on this planet so he doesn't just assume it's safe to leave the child there unguarded. That way instead of forgetful, he's just wrong. But overall, it's not like anything was blatantly a plot hole. Just not well explained. But it was still very good and tons of fun.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea it was pretty average as far as what happened but the action was awesome, and I enjoyed it. Celan did too :D 

Exactly. And average for this show so far has been pretty damn great. :lol: 

Even though I assumed the child was safe, the part where the bounty hunter scoped in on him and a shot rang out made my heart stop for a second. That shit was so intense.

• Like 1