Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #27

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Terrible People Edition

• King Theodore Adrard
    • Prince Roland Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Asgen Tyne
    • Faida Tyne
    • Dryston Winvale
    • Morane Lynielle
    • Dame LaViolette
    • Earl Inwold Dalomax

Not sure if any of you heard but there’s currently a standoff between cops and an afghan vet over the red flag law in New York. They already took all his guns because a friend claimed he had ptsd and snitched him out, but they’re coming after him now over hearing he had a 30 magazine on him.

They cut his internet and cell phone, and hacked his account saying he was ok so people don’t try to come help him out. He had people ready to stand against the cops and back him up.

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

The guy didn’t even have a mag to take, all he had was his knife on his body armor gear. 

And they left saying he was “agitated” and people defended them saying he was probably crazy.

Fuck this country.

But anyway people did show up, which is probably the only reason this dude didn’t get shot.

• Like 1

I’ll save you time. It’s a genre built on the fear of the unknown, trying to be portrayed in a medium built on showing. 

The two rarely coincide. Bloodborne and Souls games being vague and obscure kinda made it the perfect environment for such a thing.

Others, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll save you time. It’s a genre built on the fear of the unknown, trying to be portrayed in a medium built on showing. 

The two rarely coincide. Bloodborne and Souls games being vague and obscure kinda made it the perfect environment for such a thing.

Others, not so much.

Spot on in my opinion XD

He concludes that Bloodborne is a masterpiece Lovecraft game (one of the very very few) XD but his major point is that Video games are all about winning and achieving victory, whilst that rarely happens in Lovecraft's work. Even when they survive, there survival is panned as being ultimately hollow, and meaningless among the dark cosmos. Another very good point he makes it how psychologically focused his stuff is, and when video games, turn that into a game mechanic (like sanity meters) it really loses it's potency.  His main conclusion is that, barring one exception of Bloodborne, that games are able to achieve the same feeling that Lovecraft was able to do by actively not trying to be Lovecraftian games, take aspects of his writings as inspiration, and focus on perhaps one of the feelings (he use non-lovecraftian games as an example of things that did aspects of his work really well)

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ramble On

Wow, it's been a very long time since I heard that one. Good choice.

15 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Mine is No Quarter.

Honestly though, it's actually hard for me to really pick. With the exception of two songs, everything on Houses of the Holy could be my favorite. Song Remains the same beings back memories of being freezing cold in winter with a blanket wrapped around me and playing Skyrim on my old pc.

• Like 1

Shame because it looks like it would be freaking awesome if it were just a normal game. VR is a cool party gimmick, not something most people will ever own.

Considering the years and years of fans waiting for a new HL game, I bet this is disappointing to a lot of people.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.