Best build?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best build?

• Giants Dad (BECOME THE GIANTS DAD FIRE THE BASSSSSSSSS CANNON!!!!)
    • Flipping Havels (1.4 patch save us!)
    • Bloodwraith (CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THIS DARKNESS WILL NOT HEAL!)
    • Shitty Noob Knight Build (...)
    • Cheese Ice Rapier (DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHH)

First time Wolnir summoned skeletons, extremely poor design by Fromsoft. He literally becomes impossible when that happens, unless you get beyond lucky and he leaves his hands still.

For me the RNG cheated and he NEVER kept his last arm still, Im not joking he cheated and never kept it still.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Must be a NG +3 thing, I had Wilnur summon those skeletons last playthrough, not even an obstacle.

edit:

Wolnir

Nah man this is with my new character, playing as the warrior class. Using a halberd for now but I plan for the Dragonslayer Greataxe.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Any particular reason for that weapon? It’s not the greatest for pvp or pve. You’ll get noobs but that’s it.

I dunno, not very experienced in ultra greataxes but I want something different than my old guy. Any better ultra greataxes? Don't want something that covers the entire screen.

The dragon’s layer one isn’t bad, damage and weaponart wise it’s actually really good and if someone trades or you roll attack them successfully they’re usually dead meat

But anyone that’s familiar can avoid all that pretty easily.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Rolf then you don’t want an ultra greataxe.

Best ones though are in the dlc. Painted world has a sweet one.

Hammers are better though but I never liked hammers tbh.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

The dragon’s layer one isn’t bad, damage and weaponart wise it’s actually really good and if someone trades or you roll attack them successfully they’re usually dead meat

But anyone that’s familiar can avoid all that pretty easily.

I just want something different, have a different experience. I chose the Dragonslayer one because I played with it a bit on my last character.

Yesterday I summoned Tarkus to beat the Iron Golem in Dark Souls. I don’t usually use summons, but this guy looked so badass that I had to give it a try. Holy crap, that was stupid easy. XD Like, not even because I had help, but because Tarkus was so strong that I’m almost certain he could’ve won that fight without me. It felt like he could deal and take more damage than the actual boss. Fight only lasted like 20 seconds. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I’m generally the same. Beat Gael alone, but I had to get another player to do almost all the work against Midir.

Also had a fun time as a Spear of the Church against a spellcaster with super slow spells. It wasn’t even a fair fight, despite Patches aiding her.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Spellcasters :rofl: I don’t see how they get that far. I’m gonna look up a spellcaster fighting Midir, see how that shit gets done exactly.

Spellcasters actually tend to have the easiest time with Midir. There is a low level pyromancy called poison mercury/mist that absolutely wrecks his world. It does % based damage instead of a flat amount so it is tailor made for damage sponge enemies like him.

23 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Bloodborne is nice. Really missed the trick weapons in Dark Souls 3. Granted, the story is even more incomprehensible than any Dark Souls game. 

Imo, it is more mysterious lore-wise on the grand scale by design because it’s Lovecrafian horror, but I think that the actual story surrounding the main events of the game is fuller and better told. We aren’t left wondering who did what, or how or why. Everything falls into place. It’s mostly just the cosmic stuff that’s stil mysterious, which it should be.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

57 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Holy shit is right! I always thought the Stake Driver was a cool weapon, but I didn’t know it could be that powerful. O.o 

Definiely gonna do a Powder Keg Hunter run next time and use that. 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

By the laws of Dark Souls, I'm technically better then you at PVE :Ni:

You just got killed by Wolnir, the easiest boss in the game. By the laws of Dark Souls, you a scrub. :P 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

By the laws of Dark Souls, I'm technically better then you at PVE :Ni:

I guess that depends on the build. My build is a bit of a glass cannon focused on a lot of dodging. More meant for PvP. Also spent a lot of time fighting the camera than I did Midir. I could do a spellcaster/knight build and wreck much of the PvE. Because few non-player characters are any good at dodging spells. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm curious, I remember Colonel found a weapon when he first played Dark Souls 3 that Balrog recommended he stop using because it didn't scale at all.

Which weapon was that?

Probably that ice sword you get from the Outrider early in the game.

40 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You just got killed by Wolnir, the easiest boss in the game. By the laws of Dark Souls, you a scrub. :P 

:rofl: beat me to it

39 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Technically I got killed by the skeleton gank.

Nigga that’s worse not better

41 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I guess that depends on the build. My build is a bit of a glass cannon focused on a lot of dodging. More meant for PvP. Also spent a lot of time fighting the camera than I did Midir. I could do a spellcaster/knight build and wreck much of the PvE. Because few non-player characters are any good at dodging spells. 

Just stay in front of his head and that won’t be an issue. Under him = death by tail swipe and fire/dark combos.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee