Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I honestly had zero issues with Broken Steel, and enjoyed it as well. Just more Fallout 3 and let me keep playing past the main story. Not revolutionary but solid. Plus it fixed that dumbass ending more or less with Fawkes.

Also.

Tesla Canon. Back before it was patched(?) that shit could one shot Vetibirds. Was my absolite favorite weapon on 3 back in the day.

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also.

Tesla Canon. Back before it was patched(?) that shit could one shot Vetibirds. Was my absolite favorite weapon on 3 back in the day.

They got rid of that?! Booooo I thought it was intentional. Was like the laser in Halo

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Was rewatching Bloodborne vids and I think I had an easier time initially because 1. Holy Sword basic bitch version can have fire paper which is devastating on Ludwig and does an ass of damage compared to the saw blade even tho it’s both on fire and serrated, and 2, the fighting style fit me more. Because it’s slow, it kinda forces you into going for a few hits and dodging, vs me with the saw blade I always tend to get greedy.

Didnt start doing better till I stopped that and was getting wreck’d even when I did level up to 120.

Plus basic bitch Ludwig holy sword has an amazing move set.

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Say what you will, Broken Steel is among my favorite Fallout dlcs. Partially nostalgia and partially just being able to continue after the main story. Plus I loved assaulting the final Enclave base.

I didn’t exclude it for being bad. I excluded it because it actually related to Fallout 3’s base game while the rest were standalone adventures.

That said, I didn’t like it. XD The Tesla cannon, Hellfire armor, and laying some groundwork for ED-E’s backstory are just about the only things I liked. I really liked the Tesla cannon stuff.

Oh, and Deus Ex Optimus Prime getting blown up. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Pretty sure they did. I remember using it on unmodded pc 3 and it didnt one shot, I was so annoyed

Sure your energy weapons (or was it big guns?) skill wasn’t bad? The entire storyline justification for building the Tesla cannons was to have something that could destroy the vertibirds (you know, before FO4 when pipe pistols could do it. XD).

Was always a one shot for me. In fact, didn’t Bethesda say that they weren’t even capable of patching DLCs back then?

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

So I was reading the beast roar description where it calls the dark beasts undead XD

And I know, it’s specifically dark beasts but there’s nothing really separating dark beasts in origin from the rest. 

have y’all considered that these are basically the final and highest form of the scourge beast?

I considered that after seeing the progression of the scourge beast into these fleshy things with bone exposed. And the lightning.

The lightning might be the energy from the blood, divine energy so to speak that’s keeping them alive... And we know it’s arcane in origin because the dark beasts are especially weak to arcane magic, even more so than fire.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Darkbeasts are of course undead. Like Frankenstein’s monster or the Shivering Isles Gatekeeper. 

Indeed but they’re also not separate from the rest of the beasts

Theres nothing stopping other people from becoming a dark beast. Meaning they’re linked.

Meaning, they’re all likely undead. They’re just not as far along in the disease,

Same as the brand of beasts you see in lower yharnam with the dude that has the Gatling gun.

The big ones also do poison damage and look like they’re balding and cover up like the blood starved beast. 

I think those brand of beasts are starving of blood.

Notice how the item description of the roar doesn’t separate those brand of beasts from the rest and inquire on the nature of all humans. It’s not a separate phenomenon it’s the scourges final progression. Beasts get bigger, lose their flesh and the energy of the blood keeps them animated.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Frank Reynolds is undead confirmed.

I meant that they purposely show us progression of the beasts we deal with. Those nasty split open beasts are also found later in the same place that leads to dark beast Paarl in Yahar’gul

Now that I can see this place more clearly and know that the blood starved beast isn’t shrouded in cloth but it’s own flayed skin... I can see that this weird effigy looking thing the beasts are praying to is another blood starved beast and it’s blood was drained by hanging it from its skin...

In fact I think a lot of the “cloth” hanging around is skin O.o ew