Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

10 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yall on right now?

Lol no I was in bed XD I just meant that’s what me n doc were up to. In fact I’m thinking of doing the whole “quest” on cursed fetid rotted mode for gems. Imagine how hard that’d be for the Amygdala XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Mom had quite a number of people over at the house tonight. One of them saw I was playing on the pc and hung out in here for a bit.

Turns out he's familiar with Soulsborne but is very (I say this literally) casual about them. He's never gotten past Father Guacamole so I got his ps4 account name and at some point in the future am gonna help him git gud XD

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Mom had quite a number of people over at the house tonight. One of them saw I was playing on the pc and hung out in here for a bit.

Turns out he's familiar with Soulsborne but is very (I say this literally) casual about them. He's never gotten past Father Guacamole so I got his ps4 account name and at some point in the future am gonna help him git gud XD

You should’ve just told him to stop being a pussy and got Gud on his own XD I seriously don’t understand why so many couldn’t get past Gascoigne.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

It is. He wasn’t able to beat Bloodborne and he said it was because he couldn’t get used to no shield after Dark Souls. Scrub. XD 

Meanwhile, dude has legitimately won thousand dollar prizes playing FPS tournaments and shit like that. So even though it’s a totally different kind of game, it’s not like he doesn’t have the hand-eye coordination to git gud. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It is. He wasn’t able to beat Bloodborne and he said it was because he couldn’t get used to no shield after Dark Souls. Scrub. XD 

Meanwhile, dude has legitimately won thousand dollar prizes playing FPS tournaments and shit like that. So even though it’s a totally different kind of game, it’s not like he doesn’t have the hand-eye coordination to git gud. 

I love how there's so many "Fuck Dark Souls" jokes in it XD

The rolling fat dudes in the Chalice Dungeon. The wooden shield description XD

Mind you I don't think that's necessarily good design XD

There's a crazy secret boss in Sekiro that's basically a Bloodborne Boss in both gameplay and lore, and the huge shift from a focus on the deflection system to Dark Souls/Bloodborne dodging is very cruel shift.  Changing established gameplay dynamics can be done well (Like Freide, since I think her boss is the only reason I didn't feel ripped off by Ashes) and FROM does a good job at it. 

• Like 1