Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

FROM's not involved...

I trust Blue Point after SoC remake, but a little uneasy. The game looks amazing though. 

It's Demon Souls, I imagine From has at least given them access to the cut concept ideas and whatnot. Hard to fuck up Demon Souls when unlike Ds1, wasn't a rushed mess at places.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's Demon Souls, I imagine From has at least given them access to the cut concept ideas and whatnot. Hard to fuck up Demon Souls when unlike Ds1, wasn't a rushed mess at places.

They cut an entire area out of the game cause they ran out of time XD And it was an Oblivion clone till Miyisaki came along and said, "I have too much respect for Bethesda (lol) to copy them, let's make our own thing"

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They cut an entire area out of the game cause they ran out of time XD And it was an Oblivion clone till Miyisaki came along and said, "I have too much respect for Bethesda (lol) to copy them, let's make our own thing"

How do you rip off a game as aesthetically generic as Oblivion? 

Actually, I take that back. Limbo of the Lost did a brilliant job. XD 

0002432.jpg

Limbo4copy.jpg

Limbo2copy1.jpg

450_1000.jpg

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How do you rip off a game as aesthetically generic as Oblivion? 

Actually, I take that back. Limbo of the Lost did a brilliant job. XD 

Reveal hidden contents

0002432.jpg

Limbo4copy.jpg

Limbo2copy1.jpg

450_1000.jpg

That's cause that literally ripped assets straight off the game XD

In Sony's case, they wanted an exclusive open world knight game. 

@BigBossBalrog I am kinda concerned ever so slightly, because while I love how high quality and good looking the lighting is in the remake, I hope they don't make it too colorful. Also after putting some thought into it I'm actually disappointed with the new flamelurker design. Besides looking a little more generic Doom enemy, I'm worried that asshole will lose his aura of fire that utterly engulfed the OG. (Originally this comment was just about Flamelurker, but the image I'm using made me think about the lighting differences.)

balrogisgay.thumb.jpg.25ae8a8957e0d6babcdaa192ebee4025.jpg

EDIT: I aught to note that every other boss design is absolutely lit top tier stuff, besides the Vanguard should have more glowing eyes. That shit made it much creepier then the tiny beady eyes the remake has.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

There's so much whining about the architecture, like I get it, there is appeal in Boletaria's simplistic yet grand in scale buildings. But there's also something to enjoy about the new larger then life grandeur about it. It reminds me of Lothric except without the Gothic style of it.

26 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love that Elden Ring is taking so long that a surprise remake managed to cut it in line and now that’s all anyone is talking about. XD 

It's very, very sad, but I get to be excited for both, so whatever XD We know more about a game that was announced a week ago then something we've known about for more then a year now. 

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not gonna lie, now that they cut out all the anime, I'm actually interested. It looks like a high def 4k dark souls.

The designs really look alot like they've been inspired by Dark Souls 3 to be sure.  Ijust hope it doesn't lose it's otherworldly atmosphere.