Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s cool. They even included the hole where Snake Hitler comes out. Where is that spot in DS3?

Man if Frampt is snake Hitler, then Kaathe is Snake Stalin XD Fucking meat moustaches, yuck...

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I fucking KNEW that placed seemed familiar. Mystery solved.

That's a cool little detail XD Dreg Heap was a sweet area. Kinda goes in hand however with D3 biggest problem, it was way too obsessed with bringing up Dark Soiuls 1 fan service. That's why I prefer the Ringed City level over it. 

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Man if Frampt is snake Hitler, then Kaathe is Snake Stalin XD Fucking meat moustaches, yuck...

I actually got them mixed up. Had Kaathe in mind when I said Snake Hitler. Frampt isn’t hardcore enough to be Snake Hitler or Snake Stalin. XD 

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kinda goes in hand however with D3 biggest problem, it was way too obsessed with bringing up Dark Soiuls 1 fan service.

I thought it worked pretty well for the Heap since the whole point was that the world is all converging and sinking down into this one spot. If there’s ever a time for throwbacks, this is it. Plus, there are lots of throwbacks to 2 and 3 as well.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

The only real meaningful references to 2 was the Dreg Heap infact XD  Earthen Peak. 

Fair enough I suppose. In the base game, I would have just been perfectly fine with the whole revisting Anor Londo, and seeing Aldritch using Gywndallion like a puppet. That and Nameless being the forgotten firstborn. Those were awesome callbacks. Didn't need alot of the other stuff XD

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The only real meaningful references to 2 was the Dreg Heap infact XD  Earthen Peak. 

I think there were a few more. Some of the enemies we face are from 2. We find out that Alva and that witch ended up together right up to the end. Little stuff like that.

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fair enough I suppose. In the base game, I would have just been perfectly fine with the whole revisting Anor Londo, and seeing Aldritch using Gywndallion like a puppet. That and Nameless being the forgotten firstborn. Those were awesome callbacks. Didn't need alot of the other stuff XD

I agree. Also feel the nostalgic aspects of Ringed City would’ve been more impactful if they hadn’t also been so prevalent in 3. 

Aldritch and the Pontiff as the main villains would have had a ton of potential.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think there were a few more. Some of the enemies we face are from 2. We find out that Alva and that witch ended up together right up to the end. Little stuff like that.

That was in the Ringed City too I believe XD Alva was an invader in the base game though. As was Crehtion (an NPC from 2) Besides that there was a few items (Like Vendrick's shield, which implied all of Nashandra's evil actions were attributed to him, and he went down in history as a villain sadly, and the Fume Knight's sword)  

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Pontiff was not only the main mastermind of three, but also the noob spanker.

Who gets fucking wrecked at the start of the MID game. The fight itself is great, but it's pretty anti-climatic such a huge lore figure was shanked so quickly XD His influence is felt throughout the entire game through his dickery. 

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I love how everything in the souls debate sections of reddit starts and ends with “My belief is...... and this is just pure speculation on my part.”

The exact opposite of teslore, where it’s like

"Akatosh IS Mehrunes Dagon" followed by their own headcanon explanation that they never actually mention is headcanon.

• Haha 1

I mean even beyond the way it's delivered through cryptic dialogue and item descriptions, I would say Souls lore is way less trust worthy because of how it's always presented in a way that can't be fully trusted. In contrast Sekiro's story was delivered alot more open (alot more cutscenes and lines of dialogue), with some room still open for alot of speculation.

Hell some of the item descriptions are sarcastic like Havel's cell key ("He was locked in by a fear friend. For his own good, of course...") and Patches entire armor set ("The wearer of this fine attire was admired by friends and enemies alike, for his skills were unmatched, and his heart was true as gold. As their new owner, you have quite the shoes to fill.")

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Patches entire armor set ("The wearer of this fine attire was admired by friends and enemies alike, for his skills were unmatched, and his heart was true as gold. As their new owner, you have quite the shoes to fill.")

I feel like Patches wrote that. XD 

• Haha 1