Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

You know what's really cool about Bloodborne? It offers the most complex, detailed, and comprehensive look at an example of Lycantropey. XD 

Most games go with a simple "OH noes there's a Werewolf over there!" But it's literally just a dude as an overgrown wolf, no stages of infection, which is why I like BB's so much To start with, it shows a stage by stage development of the disease within a normal person.  As it develops, it first manifests as enlarged, stretched out limbs, madness/bestial aggression (but clear human intelligence and the capability to speak still there), and clomps of thick fur growing everywhere. 

11669274fca8c54ec7e4c9e4ace0b1ed.jpg

The second stage of the disease is dramatic. They loose the ability to speak, but they still retain human intelligence (they patrol and still walk with village mobs to hunt "beasts")  Similary, they become far more wolf like, there enlarged limbs grow claws, they get covered in fur, and their body (especially the head) becomes far more wolf-like. But they standupright, walk on two legs, and wield improvised weapons. 

db69b5e07914005d41d78b24a60d1bfb.jpg

And at last we have the final stage for most individuals, the Scourge Wolves. At this point they've become completely consumed by the Beast Scourge, walking on all fours with animal limbs like a real beast, fully adapted the traits of a wolf, having a long, narrow snout filled with fangs, untamed savagery and speed, and behave solely like a wild predator

84a3e1b12ce5259b4cf08aed98a15c27.jpg

It's so detailed, and we rarely get to see stages of the Lycantrope disease progress in Werewolf media. Shows a gruesome, and visceral transformation into a monster.

And then there's all the variants. As a huge fan of Were Creatures in media, the amount of variety is astounding. TES has always had really cool shit in the background, but all that cool shit (Like  the Wereshark BETHESDA GIVE ME WERESHARKS PLEASE) is stuck there, we only get to see Werewolves. While BB has so many different examples of different strains of Lycantropy infecting so many different people with so many results (Like the Cleric's turning into the Wendigo-esque Cleric Beast, Vicar Amelia becoming this fucking giant PRIEST Werehorror, the Ailing Beasts of Loran)  

Even better, almost every other example of media solely depicts humans caught with the disease, but logically speaking, shouldn't it be transferable to everything? Bloodborne actually shows other animals and beings consumed by the bestial infection that's cause the city to go mad.

Like the crows.

bb-carrion-crow.jpg

Or the pigs 

J4jQtbb.jpg

It's not as much as I would like in this case, but rarely do we get to see it acting up in other species rather then humans. 

Gush done, I like Werewolves XD

• Like 1

You know what, this guy is actually inspiring.

I think I'm finally done being tryhard salty bitch. Hosts alt f4 against me, hosts gank me, better players beat me. Really it isn't worth being angry about, and I ain't helping things be being a grumbling invader either... not that I ever publicly complain outside here :P

I love invading and always will. I've stagnated and lost a good chunk of my old skill in Ds3 pvp and you know what, good. It's been teaching me to just be chill with things, something I've been leading up to recently in Dark Souls anyhow. This video just pushed me to really think about it. Give it a watch yall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I've also totally shifted away from even liking Fighter PL's content. I absolutely love DS youtubers like Saint_riot above and Project Goof. They're vastly better players then me and they don't have to rely on cheap trolling to be enjoyable, both just have very cleaver commentary and videos.

But that's the only fun thing in Souls PVP! 

48 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

See that, everyone? That’s what you call character development. 

I feel like Hawkeye Gough. Old skill returning to me. Anytime I died I laughed it off and realized what I did wrong.

I also no longer go into invasions with the Straight sword as my primary mentality. Unless in a specific environment I will constantly switch up my weapons to keep host and phantoms on their toes. I dont have the internet for super fancy moves but suddenly I feel myself getting better again.

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But that's the only fun thing in Souls PVP! 

I can only take so much of the same old trolling before it gets old. I only show honor to hosts I invade who let me slaughter incoming blues now, but I feel no more desire to cause salt.

I think Im getting rid of the point down emote from mu hotbar. Im still an evil cunt of an invader though.

• 2 weeks later...

Vaati did an Elden Ring art contest to pass the time till the reveal (which may or may not be coming next week) XD Some of the stuff people are coming up with are really cool.

andres-rios-scene02-2.jpg?1574435400

andres-rios-scene03-2.jpg?1574435363

cleveland-mosher-ashenrai-phase-3-jpeg-f

thomas-riediger-ysthril-and-vhern-polish

Celtic, Arthurian, and Norse mythology is going to bring so many awesome designs. I personally want early medieval armor, and some Huskarl shit. If Arthur is in he should be wearing Western Roman Armor. In terms of the actual enemies, I think Fey stuff is really underutilized and has alot of potential in that regard (Hope it aint just more Norse Giants) 

I've been pretty sick for the past two days. So after a day's rest yesterday I had an urge to play some souls. At first it was dsr on ps4 but while browsing YouTube I found out Cinders had an update. 

I finally relented and tried the mod out to see if it's really a fresh experience and boy it certainly is. Its not like experiencing the game for the first time but awfully close to it. In fact my one and only complaint is how the author ported Bloodborne weapons into it. I'm fine and happy with Demon souls, ds1 and ds2 weapons and armor but bloodborne is so unfitting. 

I've also been in its version of the Company of Champions covenant from the start and holy hell that really does make it harder (even with only one extra pact). Overall while we're all waiting for Elden Ring I suggest giving it a try. Goodnight yall.

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There's way too much low effort content that I start to feel like i'm playing a low effort mod. 

Besides the Bloodborne weapons I disagree. Unless things get worse from here I'm level 50 at the cathedral, things seem great this far. The mod has gone through some major patches since you last played (publicly mentioned on the forum at least)