Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

As for Beth, they know full well what we want, the problem is they’re not catering to that fan base anymore, they’re catering to one they want to exist, the ones that will buy endless creation club content and dlc for multiplayer games for never ending cash flow

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Console players basically.

Twitch has popularized that cancer on PC as well. That, or it was already popular and it just wasn’t obvious before Twitch. 

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

This is a tweet about how “every surviving human is a real person” so that sounds even less like there will be NPCs.

He said that during the conference as well. It’s nice to know that the five hundred residents of Vault 76 will be represented by like twenty loners spread across a big map who are randomly trying to kill or nuke each other for no damned reason. 

To me, this sounds like GTA Online but without game modes or a single player game platform. Ugh.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Well, if they can cater to those people, it’s lucrative. Games like Fortnite make that abundantly clear

Didn’t he say something like Fallout Shelter has had more players than all of their other games combined? That’s ridiculous. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Didn’t he say something like Fallout Shelter has had more players than all of their other games combined? That’s ridiculous. 

It's also free. Without any monetary barrier it's very easy to get people to at least try the game. A better metric would be to see how many people spent money in Fallout Shelter compared to how many bought any of the other Fallout games. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

And a few years ago Todd said they wouldn't make those games, but the masses will pay for nothing apparently - so what can you do.

I would say just ignore it, but from Fallout 4 it's obvious they will cater to that crowd in the SP games, too.

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It's also free. Without any monetary barrier it's very easy to get people to at least try the game. A better metric would be to see how many people spent money in Fallout Shelter compared to how many bought any of the other Fallout games. 

It’s still ridiculous, considering how many copies Skyrim and Fallout 4 sold. Really puts into perspective how big the mobile game market is.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

It’s still ridiculous, considering how many copies Skyrim and Fallout 4 sold. Really puts into perspective how big the mobile game market is.

Not that surprising though given how many got a mobile that can run the game compared to how many got a decent enough pc or a console to run a real Fallout game. 

27 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Not that surprising though given how many got a mobile that can run the game compared to how many got a decent enough pc or a console to run a real Fallout game. 

We’re just surprised by different things then. Because I didn’t know many people got it at all. Hell, I’m as big a Fallout fan as they come and I didn’t get it. 

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We’re just surprised by different things then. Because I didn’t know many people got it at all. Hell, I’m as big a Fallout fan as they come and I didn’t get it. 

Though I'm not sure number of players is a good metric as I don't know what constitutes a player to them. If someone simply downloaded the game, tried it out for an hour or so and then never picked it up again they could technically count as a player. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Coworker of mine controls both her and her fiancés bank account and when I laughed and said that’s crazy she told me her fiancé went and spent over 1000 dollars on this mobile game I used to play overseas when I needed something to do. Castle Crashers I think.

My other coworker who shadows me and might be gay lol, he’s been trying to get me to play these stupid mobile games for a long time. Mobile games, as weird as it is, are huge. And people get addicted to them as much as gambling. 

Same for games like Warframe that EA and now possibly Bethesda are trying to copy.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee