Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

https://kotaku.com/over-140-000-people-are-watching-a-fallout-bobblehead-o-1826397799

Here’s the interesting portion: “Some fans have also theorized that this might be some sort of remaster of either Fallout 4 or Fallout 3, but from what we’ve heard, this is a new game, one that takes the series in a brand new direction. We’re expecting to see more tomorrow.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Fallout RTS? Meehhh

Not saying it’s what I want. But I’d buy it if it was done well. Halo Wars and Battle for Middle Earth were fun enough, and I think Fallout has similar potential.

I would much, much rather get an actual Fallout game though.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Elder scrolls or sit on my pole.

I don’t think they’d be advertising TES with Vault Boy. XD You can keep your pole.

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

https://kotaku.com/over-140-000-people-are-watching-a-fallout-bobblehead-o-1826397799

Here’s the interesting portion: “Some fans have also theorized that this might be some sort of remaster of either Fallout 4 or Fallout 3, but from what we’ve heard, this is a new game, one that takes the series in a brand new direction. We’re expecting to see more tomorrow.”

I wonder if Kotaku has some kind of inside knowledge. That guy keeps talking like he does. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

If that brand new direction is south, like New Orleans south, they can count me in. Lol

Still doubt it’s made by Bethesda, though. At least if it’s actually a full game. There’s no way they’d do Fallout 5 before TES 6.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wonder if Kotaku has some kind of inside knowledge. That guy keeps talking like he does.

Not many video game journalists break news, but he breaks a lot more news so I assume he just does more reporting from his sources and has more sources than other journalists and that’s what he’s basing his stuff off of. Though I do know Kotaku is blacklisted by Bethesda for publishing the F4 leaks way back. Doubt that has anything to do with this though.

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t think they’d be advertising TES with Vault Boy. XD You can keep your pole.

I haven’t seen any videos or whatever, at work.

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not saying it’s what I want. But I’d buy it if it was done well. Halo Wars and Battle for Middle Earth were fun enough, and I think Fallout has similar potential.

I would much, much rather get an actual Fallout game though.

Halo Wars was ok but honestly it was a very bare bones RTS. I can live without another RTS that survives off of the franchise it borrows.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If that brand new direction is south, like New Orleans south, they can count me in. Lol

Still doubt it’s made by Bethesda, though. At least if it’s actually a full game. There’s no way they’d do Fallout 5 before TES 6.

Wouldn;t that just be a much bigger Point Lookout XD

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Fallout: Not the Coast

Obsidian

Id be ok with this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Halo Wars was ok but honestly it was a very bare bones RTS. I can live without another RTS that survives off of the franchise it borrows.

Best part of Halo Wars wasn't the gameplay, it was how damn polished it was, and how faithful it was being to the source material. The Devs clearly knew, loved, and respected the Halo universe. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Best part of Halo Wars wasn't the gameplay, it was how damn polished it was, and how faithful it was being to the source material. The Devs clearly knew, loved, and respected the Halo universe. 

Which was nice for presentation but did nothing to make the game long lasting. It wasn’t something you could play all day.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah gotcha. Lol It’s just a stream of the Vault Boy sitting in front of a computer with that old “Please Stand By” screen at the start of several Fallout games. It’s been running since this morning and every now and then a Bethesda employee pops his or her head in with Fallout merchandise in their hands. 

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I agree. But I think I’d still enjoy a Fallout one if it was done right. Doubt it would be, though. And I’d rather the efforts go towards something else anyway. 

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Fallout: Not the Coast

Obsidian

Id be ok with this.

Sadly, Obsidian has already said that they’re not involved with whatever this is. A reporter from Kotaku keeps insinuating that it’s a full game, though. Not sure how he knows.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ah gotcha. Lol It’s just a stream of the Vault Boy sitting in front of a computer with that old “Please Stand By” screen at the start of several Fallout games. It’s been running since this morning and every now and then a Bethesda employee pops his or her head in with Fallout merchandise in their hands. 

I agree. But I think I’d still enjoy a Fallout one if it was done right. Doubt it would be, though. And I’d rather the efforts go towards something else anyway. 

Sadly, Obsidian has already said that they’re not involved with whatever this is. A reporter from Kotaku keeps insinuating that it’s a full game, though. Not sure how he knows.

Whilst alot of Kotaku's editorials are worst then dog shit, they have a really good record when it comes to leaking shit. The leaked Dark Souls remastered a few days before it was announced. They leaked an early version of Fallout 4's script. They leaked God of War 4's original concept art a few months before it was announced at E3. If their saying something, I would believe the,

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wouldn;t that just be a much bigger Point Lookout XD

Nah man, New Orleans is waaaaay more colorful and diverse than Point Lookout. You’re thinking of the bayou around it. Folks from Obsidian even said that it would be one of their firsts choices for a location of another game.

That said, I’d love a much bigger Point Lookout too.

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’d be ok with this too. In fact, Fallout: South West

I want more of the Southwest, but only if Sawyer or some of the original devs are involved. I don’t trust Bethesda to do it justice.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Whilst alot of Kotaku's editorials are worst then dog shit, they have a really good record when it comes to leaking shit. The leaked Dark Souls remastered a few days before it was announced. They leaked an early version of Fallout 4's script. They leaked God of War 4's original concept art a few months before it was announced at E3. If their saying something, I would believe the,

No wonder they get blacklisted. I’d hate people like them if I worked for a game dev company.