Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #11

What will the Fallout announcement be?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Fallout announcement be?

• New Game (HALLELUJAH IT'S RAINING MEN, HALLELUJAH!")
    • Remake/Remaster (*Insert sad animu piano music*)
    • DLC (*Screams of the damned*)
    • Switch Port ("CRAWWWWWLLLING IN MY SKIN, THESSSSSSE WOUNDS WILLLLLL NOT HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!")

Does anyone else find it hilarious that we’re a roleplaying community of people who love Bethesda’s worlds so much that we’ve spent years writing stories in them, yet the moment they try to generate hype, we immediately and unanimously assume the worst case scenario for what it could be? :rofl: 

It’s amazing that this is the same company who got us pumped like this:

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Does anyone else find it hilarious that we’re a roleplaying community of people who love Bethesda’s worlds so much that we’ve spent years writing stories in them, yet the moment they try to generate hype, we immediately and unanimously assume the worst case scenario for what it could be? :rofl: 

It’s amazing that this is the same company who got us pumped like this:

It's being honest. Like in a relationship, if your girlfriend is looking ugly with a big pimple you tell her she's looking ugly XD

I'm still quite fond of Beth, but it's always good to go in with expectations lowered. 

If it's something like a new game, or Fallout 3/NV with Fallout 4's engine, i'll be pleased.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Although I honestly do think that if it’s not a Twitch port, it’s Fallout Shelter 2. Not that I think that’s any better. 

If it's one thing they need to port Skyrim to it's Twitch. And Fallout Shelter could definitely do with an improved sequel. The complete lack of social experiments is quite honestly a travesty. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Welp the stream went offline. Maybe someone posted it too early?

“Here’s an idea. How about we make a fun little stream to get everyone hyped for our new Fallout Shelter GameCube port?”

*two hours later*

“They think it’s Fallout New Vegas 2!!! They’re rioting in the streets! Turn it off! Turn it off!!!”

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's being honest. Like in a relationship, if your girlfriend is looking ugly with a big pimple you tell her she's looking ugly XD

I'm still quite fond of Beth, but it's always good to go in with expectations lowered. 

If it's something like a new game, or Fallout 3/NV with Fallout 4's engine, i'll be pleased.

If you’re smart, you won’t say shit about it, certainly not that she looks ugly... XD 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

@ColonelKillaBee I’d be down for an expansion that gives Cait the Valentine treatment. As long as somewhere along the line we learn that she was faking the bad accent all along just to fuck with people.

Or that she was born in a vault that was full of nothing but Scottish and Irish people.

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or that she was born in a vault that was full of nothing but Scottish and Irish people.

Would make more sense than her current backstory. Also kinda think Beth chickened out by having her parents wait explicitly till she was 18 to sell her as a slave. I seriously don't think wastelanders would have such big concerns when it comes to age. Especially when keeping her around would just mean having to feed her for longer. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

6 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Would make more sense than her current backstory. Also kinda think Beth chickened out by having her parents wait explicitly till she was 18 to sell her as a slave. I seriously don't think wastelanders would have such big concerns when it comes to age. Especially when keeping her around would just mean having to feed her for longer. 

I mean, they tossed Sapphire from bandit to bandit... I don’t know why they’d do that then and chicken out now.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It was worse then Shay Cormacs accent. As someone whose Irish I thought she was secretly a leapercaun XD

Throw some pigtails and a bow on her and drop her down 20 years and you’d be all over her XD 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I mean, they tossed Sapphire from bandit to bandit... I don’t know why they’d do that then and chicken out now.

Remember the Dremora in Morrowind who promises to be gentle when he rapes your corpse? XD That said, it is weird that they would chicken out now. I do agree with Witch that it seems strange. What kind of person is horrible enough to sell their child into slavery but has the morality to wait until they’re no longer a kid? And they literally sold her on her birthday, which is really weird imo.

25 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That accent really isn’t bad to me, I love it personally

It honestly makes her hard to use for me. She’d be one of my favorite companions in 4 if I didn’t get taken out of the world every time she opens her mouth. Even if the accent wasn’t bad, it would still annoy the heck out of me due to the fact that it makes no damn sense for her to have it.