Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He's my inspiration for Brutus :crybaby: Why they do my nigga like that, he was MVP. Best arch angel and given how much I love Lucifer, that's saying something.

They did my nigga wrong, so so goddamn wrong. Fuck Demon Colonel Sanders.

Just keep watching.

11 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Supernatural.

I'm surprised but this season's been as good as some of the older seasons. Season 6 quality almost. They've done 13 seasons and the show is still going strong.

There's an endless amount of source material to draw from XD

Shadow Die Twice details leaked. Turns out it aint a Bloodborne sequel, but it's considered Bloodbornes spiritual successor, as Dark Souls was to Demon Souls. Sounds sick. From what I hear, the leaker is reliable too.

The game will be souls like in gameplay and atmosphere, but also different by being a lot more open, not having the clear level/Boss design and a more directly told story. 

-it will appear at E3 with a full length trailer and some gameplay -it will draws heavy inspiration from both Bloodborne and Fromsoftware's old Ps2 game Kuon 

-gameplay is similar to Bloodborne, but more vicious and brutal. It's a bit less wild, but still fast. Kinda like a combination of Nioh/Bloodborne. 

-there are skills in this game, including different melee moves, passives and magic. It wont have endless skill trees and the skills wont be big flashy diablo style attacks, just new moves and abilities. 

-trick weapons make another appereance, but aren't called trick weapons. Some weapons have 3 forms, others have 2 and there are many weapons that are always 2 handed or 2 part, as there are no side arms or shields. 

-the story will be centered around an ancient cult, that has been using farmers for their dark rituals since hundreds of years. As they fear the end of the world, they sacrifice peopla at their shrine of blood and experiment on people. Many of the creatures will be the result of the experiments. It remains unclear for most of the game, whether the cult is really evil or knows more than everyone else. Only a few members are still alive, as the rest has mysteriously vanished.

-you start the game as a heavily maimed and disfigured person at the edge of death. You are saved by a mysterious leader who gives you a new face (character creation) and replaces your missing arm. -the right arm and it will be replaced by an multifunctional device, which serves as a prothetic arm most of the time, but can also be used a some kind of grappling gun to reach higher levels 

-the game will take in a dark fantasy world, resembeling ancient Japan. 
-the game will heavily draw from Japan mythology with a horror twist. It will not completely based on mythology and still include many original ideas. 
-there are no shields, but you can block and counter with your weapon. 
-every weapon has a unique counter ability 
-enemies will often loose limbs or there heads in combat. Some enemies will spawn parasites from ther beheaded selves, somewhat like Resident Evil 4. 
-you can climb in the game -some enemie designs and the atmosphere really resemble a modern Kuon in parts, but it has nothing to do with this game or will play anything like it. Expect one easter egg. 
-most of the game will take place in rural places, but there will be a bigger city to explore later
-the game is more open world than the previous titles, but not fully like something like Skyrim. It offers multiple inter connected levels, that are much larger with multiple possible paths that give the game a lot

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a Fallout 3 or NV port, but I bet we’re getting F4 Switch edition. 

They're streaming whatever this announcement is on twitch. 

Edited by BTCollins

How bad is it that I’m crossing my fingers for a Fallout 3/NV Remastered bundle?

But it’s probably just 4 on the Switch. Pretty bullshit to try and generate so much hype for something like that.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

How bad is it that I’m crossing my fingers for a Fallout 3/NV Remastered bundle?

But it’s probably just 4 on the Switch. Pretty bullshit to try and generate so much hype for something like that.

I'm hoping for a remake bundle XD It works for a game like Dark Souls because it's aged so well; 60fps, some neat effects, and a bunch of VX additions make it look beautiful, but minor touch ups wouldn't cut it for either Fallout NV or 3

I'll give credit we're credit is due, I really don't think Beth would be building this crazy hype if it was just for a Switch port.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm hoping for a remake bundle

Even better. I’d honestly rather get a NV remake than a Fallout 5.

I doubt it’s a new game considering 4 was so recent. So it’s either an incredibly overhyped port, some kind of remake or remaster, or a new game being made by a different dev team. Doubt it’s the last one though.

Or Fallout Shelter 2!!!!

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

56 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s been six years since Skyrim.

I honestly believe that after spending so many game and years building towards Skyrim, Bethesda hit a point with TES where they didn’t know what the hell they want to do anymore, story-wise. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Or a fallout 4 expansion, which I wouldn't mind either TBH

Man, I hope not. At that point they might as well give us a damn Skyrim expansion while they’re at it.

Y’all remember that guy who made a website that had nothing but the the Stand By image, the Bethesda cog, and a countdown timer? XD Whole thing was a hoax but he had tens of thousands of people anxiously waiting for a big reveal.