Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

1 hour ago, BTCollins said:

I agree, right around the Second Era mark feels right.

And that's just the stuff from the games, much less what we've contributed within the roleplay. Brund like you said, but also the resurgent tongues, 'ghosts' of the past with Naarifin and Yornar, the resurgence of shadow magic, sunbird use, etc. 

Even having just now actually seen the chart, I've been basing some of my stuff on the description of it and the idea that the timeline has been trending toward the more magical/fantastical/divine. 

Especially Naarifin and Yornar, Yornar being reminiscent of Miraak imo since he's literally someone from a place further along in that mythic timeline.

You know, since Martin Septim made plane melding impossible for Nirn, we may even be able to say we're smack on the second era in the upswing.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Oh and Corio's wife basically discovered how to return an Altmer to the Aldmeris. So technically, Corio's not really even an Altmer anymore, not that anyone on Tamriel would really know the difference aside from the Thalmor themselves after studying him, if they get the chance.

That's pretty big too since that's a small step in the direction of what the Dwemer were trying to do with Numidium, and not so artificially either.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You know, since Martin Septim made plane melding impossible for Nirn, we may even be able to say we're smack on the second era in the upswing.

I imagine you probably wouldn't have to follow exactly the previous 'guidelines' for the relative levels any, just that those events can be indicative of the level the current time period is at. I imagine whether or not the current timeline is at the Second Era, we'll see it reach at least that level (if not surpass it) in the course of the war. Given not only the forces we've already discussed, but other things like the Wild Hunt and whatever else is unleashed in the course, as I imagine the Thalmor could have some tricks up their sleeves as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh and Corio's wife basically discovered how to return an Altmer to the Aldmeris. So technically, Corio's not really even an Altmer anymore, not that anyone on Tamriel would really know the difference aside from the Thalmor themselves after studying him, if they get the chance.

That's pretty big too since that's a small step in the direction of what the Dwemer were trying to do with Numidium, and not so artificially either.

When did this happen?

57 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I imagine you probably wouldn't have to follow exactly the previous 'guidelines' for the relative levels any, just that those events can be indicative of the level the current time period is at. I imagine whether or not the current timeline is at the Second Era, we'll see it reach at least that level (if not surpass it) in the course of the war. Given not only the forces we've already discussed, but other things like the Wild Hunt and whatever else is unleashed in the course, as I imagine the Thalmor could have some tricks up their sleeves as well

Good point

57 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

When did this happen?

In cold harbour when Corio took what little of her soul was uncorrupted by bal with him and kept it in himself. She used her faith and Corio's spell to forcefully change the alignment of her soul so that it could be anchored to something else and Corio could manipulate it. The ritual made their spirits meld, partially reversing their de evolution and making Corio that much closer to the Aldmeri. He was already genetically pretty close to start with so he's a prime candidate for something like this.

The rest of her spirit though, the majority of it, is still with Bal.

Got that idea from reading the books on Umbra, who literally soul melds with someone. Like a DBZ styled fusion, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Got that idea from reading the books on Umbra, who literally soul melds with someone. Like a DBZ styled fusion, lol.

What books do you mean? Aside from the real world novels, the only book I know about that talks about Umbra is Tamrielic Lore.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

48 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What books do you mean? Aside from the real world novels, the only book I know about that talks about Umbra is Tamrielic Lore.

The novels, when Umbra became Umbriel after fusing with Vuhon.

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The novels, when Umbra became Umbriel after fusing with Vuhon.

Gotcha. The way you said “books on Umbra” had me excited. I was hoping there were some in-game books on it that I hadn’t read, like in Morrowind or something. It’s gotta be my favorite artifact in the lore. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm done for the day. I'll be crying all weekend now. Fuck you @The Good Doctor You are a colossal asshole.

Great movie, 10/10. 

Told ya you’d like it. ;) It was easily my favorite movie from last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Told ya you’d like it. ;) It was easily my favorite movie from last year.

She called him daddy. 

And professor X, he got one last sweet night of peace and normalcy before that asshole ended him. Those two scenes were the worst, man. The absolute worst. I hate this movie. I had ugly cry face.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Forgot I missed a boss in Ashes, so having done everything and defeated all the bosses I still dislike this dlc. Wasn't worth it.

What did you hate so much about the DLC that you didn’t hate about the base game? To me they’re basically just really solid extensions of it. In fact I generally liked the areas and bosses even better. Loved the snowy, almost Norse aesthetic of Ashes.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

What did you hate so much about the DLC that you didn’t hate about the base game? To me they’re basically just really solid extensions of it. In fact I generally liked the areas and bosses even better. Loved the snowy, almost Norse aesthetic of Ashes.

Gank mobs.

As much as I complained about the boss, looking back it was very rewarding experience when I finally beat her. Its those fucking mobs that drag this dlc down.

57 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Gank mobs.

As much as I complained about the boss, looking back it was very rewarding experience when I finally beat her. Its those fucking mobs that drag this dlc down.

:rofl: Learn to run, lol. 

Or grab the millwood bow for the bugroom. For the wolves, yea, pray and run. Find somewhere you can bottleneck them. 

Or, you know, just kill them all right there.