Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

My heart has been on Ubbe and Trevis ever since the idea came to mind. Got the straight man and the comic relief. The professionalism, and the brutal savagery. They’d be at each other’s throats and it’d be hilarious. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I feel like Yornar and Endar would have a very similar style to Ubbe and Trevis. Except Yornar is the brutal one, while also being the straight man, and Endar is the comic relief, though he'd be a bit of a rogue in his own way. I can't imagine what threats they'd be facing to challenge them, but I imagine it'd be pretty hilarious. Especially if Witch is subtly trying to get Endar killed the whole time.

But man, the contrast between Trevis and Ubbe is pretty stark, and would lead to so much hilarity. This is the toughest poll yet! I'm going to have to go with Endar and Yornar, I think

• Haha 2

I picked Trevis and Ubbe since it kinda reflects what actually happens in the RP, except to a hilarious extreme lol. If he joined a bit earlier and got to prove himself, that pairing could’ve happened possibly.

He doesn’t know Boldir, but still. It’s possible.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

46 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Especially if Witch is subtly trying to get Endar killed the whole time.

:rofl: I’d love to watch something like this on a tv show.

41 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If he joined a bit earlier and got to prove himself, that pairing could’ve happened possibly.

He doesn’t know Boldir, but still. It’s possible.

Man, Ubbe going after Boldir would’ve been awesome. Though sending someone so savage would probably be a bad choice for getting Boldir back alive. It was pretty dicey even without him.

On a different note, Baldur and Rebec might be my favorite pairing in the RP, but they probably weren’t the best choice for his poll since we’ve already got them in the RP whereas all the other choices are new and somewhat quirky. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I thought they’d be a good pairing personally because they remind me of lt ortega and the main character on Altered Carbon, but yea I didn’t even consider strange pairings like that. I was thinking of actual pairings in the rp. Maybe that can be a different poll

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Though for Baldur the funniest pair would probably be him and Dales who got the job because of her dad and now he’s stuck with this young brat as his partner lol

Oh yeah, that would've been a much better pairing for this poll. They'd be hilarious in the situation you describe

I had a poll idea. Discounting Jyggalag there are 16 Daedric Princes. For the next poll we could break that up into four polls of four and vote on who we would want to worship/be a worshipper of. Then a final poll to decide who is the official Daedric Prince of the rp

• Like 1

I’d worship Azura. Not because she’s my favorite, but because her followers tend to be well taken care of as long as they stay loyal, which is basically part of the prompt.

I like Nocturnal, Boethiah, Sheogorath, and Clavicus Vile better, but I would hate to serve any of them.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think Herma Mora already has that position... The site is kinda themed after him. :Mora:

Doesn’t count because he was imposed on us. We deserve the right to choose which Daedric prince we want to sell our soul to!

I don’t think I’ve ever said but the name and theme is really fitting so good job to y’all for that

I should’ve had this idea back in March and we could’ve had a different kind of March madness 

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I thought they’d be a good pairing personally because they remind me of lt ortega and the main character on Altered Carbon, but yea I didn’t even consider strange pairings like that. I was thinking of actual pairings in the rp. Maybe that can be a different poll

How is Altered Carbon anyway? I’ve got a friend who says it’s amazing, but two who thought it was meh.

Baldur and Dales would indeed be a great one. XD 

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How is Altered Carbon anyway? I’ve got a friend who says it’s amazing, but two who thought it was meh.

Baldur and Dales would indeed be a great one. XD 

The show is fuckin dope, Celan made me watch it. The characters and whole setup is fun, albeit a bit strange at first until you get used to it. The main character is an Asian rebel fighter that got dropped into a white Swedish body. They use human bodies as “sleeves” in the future, essentially getting rid of “real death” if you have the money to.

It reeeally starts picking up halfway and it’s got the nicest ass in Sci-fi history. Aaaand a bit of a Freudian plot but I won’t spoil anything.

Its worth the watch if you ask me.

I’d recommend reading the book as well. I haven’t finished the show but plan on doing so. But the book is good and I prefer a couple things from it, though the tv show has great visuals. Both are good cyberpunk/noir mashups. 

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Though for Baldur the funniest pair would probably be him and Dales who got the job because of her dad and now he’s stuck with this young brat as his partner lol

If this was a cop show, Dales would be the officer who looks like a goodie two shoes perfect cop, until it's revealed mid season she has a crazy drinking problem, and solstices prostitutes herself. And she annoys Baldur to no end but he had to put up with cause she's the Chief's daughter XD

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If this was a cop show, Dales would be the officer who looks like a goodie two shoes perfect cop, until it's revealed mid season she has a crazy drinking problem, and solstices prostitutes herself. And she annoys Baldur to no end but he had to put up with cause she's the Chief's daughter XD

And one time when she cock blocked Baldur at the bar out of jealousy (the chick was bi and the only woman in the whole bar that likes chicks and that Dales had a shot with) he handcuffed her to a chair and made her call for a ride back to the station, with the chair still attached XD 

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And one time when she cock blocked Baldur at the bar out of jealousy (the chick was bi and the only woman in the whole bar that likes chicks and that Dales had a shot with) he handcuffed her to a chair and made her call for a ride back to the station, with the chair still attached XD 

You've watched one cop show you've watched all cop shows....

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh shit, for real?

It's Divide Et Impera not base game.

I stopped my campaign because after conquering Iberia, Italy and Cisalpine Gaul when I turned my attention to Makedon, they fucking bitchslapped me. It's awkward because they were way harder then the Romans.