Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #9

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hey Balrog how long are you staying up?

I'm about to have a CS that is super spoilery, as a GM I need someone to look at it and approve. Considering you already know a little bit I think you'd be best for it.

I'm going to sleep quite soon but you can run it by me if you want. 

I got three crashes in Pillars so I think I might wait a week and work on my backlog till patches come out :( t's to be expected from Obsidian games though. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm going to sleep quite soon but you can run it by me if you want. 

I got three crashes in Pillars so I think I might wait a week and work on my backlog till patches come out :( t's to be expected from Obsidian games though. 

Shit, I haven't started writing the background yet. But I'll send it to you, everything else is written.

I like to write the background/history last because it takes the longest.

Since this question is probably better suited to just a discussion rather than a poll, I’ll pose the question here.

What fantasy class best suits you?

I’m not sure what to limit the classes to but I think fighter, ranger, rogue, bard, wizard, cleric and druid could all conceivably be close to actual people. Feel free to pick others, though. I’m just pulling these from D&D since that’s where the original class construct came from I believe 

Anyway, my answer would easily be wizard, given what I’m doing right now is literally studying and reading dozens of books to advance my knowledge in a certain field. I only wish it was magic I was learning. I imagine the job prospects for wizards are probably pretty high

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hmm, what ever class would I pick...

I’m curious to hear how it fits you

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Medic.

I would’ve guessed ranger for you tbh, given you’re into hunting and strike me as someone who spends quite a bit of time outdoors

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I’m curious to hear how it fits you

If we're talking about D&D which I've never played but know about, then certainly not Druids. They're literally nature hobos, opposites of my own depictions. I picked that pretty much considering my own :P

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I would’ve guessed ranger for you tbh, given you’re into hunting and strike me as someone who spends quite a bit of time outdoors

I trained to be an EMT and have worked on the ambulance and a little in the hospital. Figured that was more relevant in terms of skills than my love of hunting. Everyone hunts where I live, so that’d be more like a background trait.

So yeah, medic jokes aside, I’d probably be the party’s healer. Or maybe cleric, since I sometimes preach, always wear a chain, and like hitting things with hammers. :P 

In terms of my favorite class to play though, it’s barbarian/berserker types. 

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I trained to be an EMT and have worked on the ambulance and in the hospital. Figured that was more relevant in terms of skills than my love of hunting. Everyone hunts where I live, so that’d be more like a background trait.

So yeah, medic jokes aside, I’d probably be the party’s healer. Or maybe cleric, since I sometimes preach, always wear a chain, and like hitting things with hammers. :P 

In terms of my favorite class to play though, it’s barbarian/berserker types. 

I didn't know that! Your name certainly makes more sense now lol. Though maybe you'd mentioned it to me before and I'd forgotten. Anyway, yeah, I would say cleric fits pretty damn well. Also, the party would do good having someone who can cook around, and I figure you're probably pretty good at that :P 

My favorite class is fighter, standard sword and board. My PoE character is a wizard though, which is fun, but I plan on multiclassing with fighter or paladin once I get to PoE II. So I don't lose the connection to the first game but can get up close a little more

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If we're talking about D&D which I've never played but know about, then certainly not Druids. They're literally nature hobos, opposites of my own depictions. I picked that pretty much considering my own :P

What aspects of your skills/personality tend toward druids (or wizards, which I guess would be a closer equivalent to your druids than D&D druids are)? 

• Like 1

Sword n board warrior.

Im six foot four, and stocky so yea I’d be the party’s work horse. Plus I like hitting things/people occasionally and am actually quick on my feet despite my height and size. And, I lift.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

What aspects of your skills/personality tend toward druids (or wizards, which I guess would be a closer equivalent to your druids than D&D druids are)? 

Being the wise man of a party, the judge and at times executioner. If a wizard would be more an offensive class then my own Druid would be defensive/support.

A voice of reason perhaps, unpopular maybe but needed. A sort of character knowledgeable in the occult.

I get to come back from the field early and what do I see? Colonel posting fuckinv Jason Aldeen in the god damn threads... gonna go bleach my fucking eyes. Don’t gotta worry about my ears tho, they’re fine because I refuse to listen to that.

• Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

Anywaysss, we got to come back from the field a day early because we are conducting an air assault on an entrenched objective next week and need more than just one work day to prepare for this task. So Monday we are loading up in the LMTV’s and driving out to the sight to build the trench and bunker system, then Wednesday night we are coming back to base and Thursday at 0450 we are in the sky in our air stallions heading to the objective. Gonna get dropped off 7 clicks out, then we have to walk 700 meters up and down gulches and tropical jungle bullshit until we come up on the OBJ where we will conduct our assault, then there’s rumors of a follow up mission another 3 clicks out from there, where we will assault a village, clearing the buildings and such... it’s gonna sssuuucccckkkkkk

picture for attention7C7A67BA-DCDA-4E43-94C2-F61498ABCE5D.thumb.jpeg.206cd350d973c93ecfb93f980671bd95.jpeg 

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

I get to come back from the field early and what do I see? Colonel posting fuckinv Jason Aldeen in the god damn threads... gonna go bleach my fucking eyes. Don’t gotta worry about my ears tho, they’re fine because I refuse to listen to that.

The song is legend and I’ll fight anyone that says otherwise.

Best song since Call Me Maybe. True story XD 

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I always play mages, and would be some sort of mage. Not a cleric because those are support mages and I'm an introvert. XD So wizard or druid it is. I really like my PoE druid. She's got some support spells but mostly just fucks with people in the most evil ways.

• Like 1